Home

More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #97
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex has already stated that the game feels like 3 different games with the 3 play styles and that each style will be tuned and patched separately, this is potentially HUGE news for Madden and hopefully this will allow the game to be more and more simulation based for the sim gamer. The game played a lot more sim when I was at the studio in 2015, then what we ended up with after the patches in 16 and this should help keep it that way at least in theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well in 17. The more patches that were delivered, the more the kicking game was nerfed, both punting and fg's.

That's just for starters.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #98
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well in 17. The more patches that were delivered, the more the kicking game was nerfed, both punting and fg's.

Which speaks to my point that much more, the casual and more arcade style players found it too difficult but for the sim gamer they liked the challenge, so with 18 they can Tune each style to the interest of the style of gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #99
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
A matter of opinion, for sure.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree, with the right sliders, once can have a sim experience with this game vs CPU.

Big huge thread for this last Madden on out of the box game play(w/o patches) and several threads in the slider forum giving sim game play.

The focus is clearly on the online modes. And I get it, considering the money they can make on post-release add ons. But that doesn't translate into a football sim, IMO.

We're no closer to replicating a 'TRUE' NFL experience than we were in 2005.

There have been visual and gameplay improvements. The game is stunning, even with mo-cap issues. But Madden 2005 is every bit as viable as the upcoming release in terms of simulating a yearly NFL cycle. That's extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #100
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Also that happened in 16 . happened so much, rex made a point before 17 to say they were not going to do that again this year,meaning patch things and nerf them . I recall the kicking being one of the things he was pointing to in that very statement.

I really hope this does what we are all kinda hoping it does. I guess they will need to create hashtags for each mode, so when people complain they can just easily see which mode they are talking about the issues in. Otherwise they will be having to ask everyone , " so what mode are you seeing this in? " .

Someone had mentioned on twitter , they hoped the sim mode would make it so sim leagues would not need as many rules because the game will play out sim by itself. I have huge doubts about that, because there will always be glitches/exploits in the games limited AI, and too many people make money off spending time to "lab" to find all the weaknesses , then post videos all over the net for people to see.

Most sim leagues has a strong core they keep all the time ,while a few new combers may swing thru from time to time , due to peoples work schedules changing , etc. Mostly the rules in sim leagues are so the new people whom are allowed in, know that the rest of league is already playing by.Anyone who has ran a league will tell you, if its not in writing , some new cat will be trying any exploit until you make it in your rules written out. Sadly too many people cant just try to play football without using something as an unfair advantage.Im sure any league would love to not have to have any rules listed, but human nature along with weakness in game AI and its limitations, that i dont ever see as a possibility.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #101
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

So far so good, but can't wait to see if oline sliding is revamped.. I ended up not liking Madden because users overload weren't being caught by line when adjusted normally ended up being a layup sack no matter how bad the de was

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #102
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
The focus is clearly on the online modes. And I get it, considering the money they can make on post-release add ons. But that doesn't translate into a football sim, IMO.

We're no closer to replicating a 'TRUE' NFL experience than we were in 2005.

There have been visual and gameplay improvements. The game is stunning, even with mo-cap issues. But Madden 2005 is every bit as viable as the upcoming release in terms of simulating a yearly NFL cycle. That's extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I do agree with your first part of your post.

Agree to disagree with you on the last part, again, I respect your opinion and others have felt the same way.

I used to play Madden on the PC back in the day and we had a hard core group that would slider test until Thanksgiving because of the stat engine or lack of stat engine in Madden.

However, over the past few years, I've been able to latch onto sim sliders to make it feel as close to sim as I see on Sunday. It's it a perfect sim? No, but it's sim enough for me compared to what I watch on TV.

YMMV.

PS-Don'want to derail the thread as it's veering OT.

Last edited by roadman; 05-16-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #103
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
True, good point about sim.

Once you put a controller in someone's hands, it's no longer sim.
Quote:
I do agree with your first part of your post.

Agree to disagree with you on the last part, again, I respect your opinion and others have felt the same way.

I used to play Madden on the PC back in the day and we had a hard core group that would slider test until Thanksgiving because of the stat engine or lack of stat engine in Madden.

However, over the past few years, I've been able to latch onto sim sliders to make it feel as close to sim as I see on Sunday. It's it a perfect sim? No, but it's sim enough for me compared to what I watch on TV.

YMMV.

PS-Don'want to derail the thread as it's veering OT.
I'm only directing this at your post Road because I believe you'll understand it's nothing personal, it's about playing semantics with "sim", which irks me, lol. I wish we could stop with semantics, when any reasonable person refers to playing "sim", they're referring to realistic enough for them compared to the actual NFL, just like you were in the second post I quoted.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #104
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I just worry by separating the modes that post release there won't be much post-release support. With CFM they combined the modes so that they could save time not having to tune and tweak both modes. Now with that we've seen that they've pretty much left the offline, single player experience in the dust when all I remember hearing was to not worry as they'd be treated equally from now on. With these settings they've basically done the exact opposite of that. They've separated them where they'll now have to tune and balance two (I don't include arcade) entirely different modes at the same time as opposed to just one. We know eSports is their baby now and I just hope to see equal support for both sides post launch. I don't want to have to be pounding the table for stuff like a missed FG or inaccurate passes on a simulation mode. This is all stuff that should be accounted for from day one and I just have doubts that it will be this great equalizer where everybody gets what they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »