Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

Another busy afternoon for Diamond Dynasty mode includes the Ranked Seasons rewards rolling out, a new Event being advertised before beginning tomorrow, and the Set 4 packs being released along with a pack that's tailored to the Event that will be taking place.

The Ranked Seasons rewards affect everyone who played that mode, so it's worth mentioning the release of these rewards began at 3 p.m. EST, and will be continuing for at least a couple hours. This includes the Breakout Paul Goldschmidt for those who made it to World Series rank, and the Francisco Liriano for those who at least made it to the Pennant Race tier -- as well as various other rewards depending on the highest tier you made it to during the first Ranked Seasons. The next season of Ranked Seasons will begin once the rewards have been finished being given out (presumably later today).

The new event is called Advantage: Hitters, and it will run from May 17-24. It is titled as such because it will be right-handed-only batting lineups going up against left-handed-only pitching rotations. The new pack tailored to this event is also up in the Store, and it will run you 4,000 Stubs per pack. The pack includes a guaranteed Legend or Flashback, and any of those throwbacks pulled from the pack will be eligible for the event. The exclusive players for this pack are the Hardware Legend Robin Yount (93 overall), and the Hardware Legend Steve Garvey (88). This 3-inning event will be played on All-Star difficulty, and your team can be as high as 90 overall. The top rewards are a Breakout Joe Carter (89) that you get for 50 cumulative wins, and a All-Star Flashback Andrew Miller (93) that you get for 12-win streak.

The other new pack is the Set 4 pack, which includes exclusive Breakout Legend Cal Ripkin (94), and Breakout Flashback Mat Latos (91).

Finally, some other new cards are now in the game, and they all tie into the new Ranked Season or new Event. These players are All-Star Legend Tony Gwynn (96) that you get if you make it to World Series tier in the second Ranked Seasons, and Impact Veteran Flashback Doug Fister (85) that you get for making it to Pennant Race in Season 2. As for the event, this includes a Breakout Legend Harmon Killebrew (86) that you get for a 9-win streak, and a Impact Veteran Legend Tony Perez (78) that you get for winning at least 30 games during the event.
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

OVR: 0
Am I the only one that feels like getting most of these rewards is close to impossible? Is it just simply deciding to grind them out and if I can only play an hour a night am I just out of the running?
Old 05-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13
Just curious when SDS will release that rookie Ken Griffey Jr. for those of us who didn't preorder (yes, I have this screen name and avatar and didn't preorder a game with Griffey on the cover. I'm an idiot).
Old 05-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef328
Am I the only one that feels like getting most of these rewards is close to impossible? Is it just simply deciding to grind them out and if I can only play an hour a night am I just out of the running?
I mean in theory the 12-wins one would be doable if you were good. But yeah, the 50 wins one seems rough, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Just curious when SDS will release that rookie Ken Griffey Jr. for those of us who didn't preorder (yes, I have this screen name and avatar and didn't preorder a game with Griffey on the cover. I'm an idiot).
I've heard rumors of around All-Star break, but really no clue. I don't believe they've given an official word, and I understand why they'll delay quite a bit in order to make the pre-order bonus seem worth it. Whenever it does happen, I assume you'll be able to buy it with Tickets. When the White Sox Griffey is released, I would assume Rookie Griffey becomes available as well though, either way. Since at that point, everyone will in theory be able to finish the Program.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

This season is much shorter than Ivy. Ivy lasted from end of March to mid May. This season only goes from mid May to mid June. Gonna be a grind.

I have a question. When I finished Ivy I was in WS and the pop up said "you will be placed in DS" or something for the next season. I haven't played a game yet but if I win do I start my season in DS?

This may explain the short season. Any one else figure this out?

Also if the reward tier gives you Fister in Wild Card tier, does that mean I get Fister right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
This season is much shorter than Ivy. Ivy lasted from end of March to mid May. This season only goes from mid May to mid June. Gonna be a grind.

I have a question. When I finished Ivy I was in WS and the pop up said "you will be placed in DS" or something for the next season. I haven't played a game yet but if I win do I start my season in DS?

This may explain the short season. Any one else figure this out?

Also if the reward tier gives you Fister in Wild Card tier, does that mean I get Fister right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I guess I won't know until I actually play, but yeah, assuming you play at least a game, you should get rewards for that particular tier that you were initially placed in.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon1 Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced

I'm sort of looking forward to this Event since last event I really didn't have much to build a team with. To be honest, the team building part is what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm not a fan of the 3 inning games.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:21 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I'm sort of looking forward to this Event since last event I really didn't have much to build a team with. To be honest, the team building part is what I'm looking forward to the most. I'm not a fan of the 3 inning games.
Yeah I almost wish they would stick to 6 innings for all these Events to make them unique from BR, plus for those like yourself (and me) who don't like 3 innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »