Home

NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun

704Games has announced NASCAR Heat 2, scheduled to arrive on September 12 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. The team is once again working with Toyota, an Official NASCAR Partner, for a new cover athlete competition. From now until Friday, May 19, fans can vote at www.NASCARHeat.com/CoverRace for the two Toyota drivers they want to see go head-to-head to be the face of NASCAR Heat 2. The first of these finalists to finish Stage 2 at the Monster Energy All-Star Race™ on May 20 will become the cover athlete for NASCAR Heat 2. This is the second year 704Games and Toyota have partnered to offer additional racing content to elevate the in-game experience.

NASCAR Heat 2 builds on the core experience of its predecessor, NASCAR Heat Evolution, with advancements from returning developer Monster Games. These improvements include enhanced online multiplayer, a deeper career mode, track updates, additional drivers and other features in line with the 2017 NASCAR-sanctioned national series formats.

“We’re excited to continue our relationship with Monster Games for NASCAR Heat 2,” said Paul Brooks, CEO of 704Games. “This new game will have a very different look and an enhanced overall experience that reflects the insights of actual NASCAR drivers. Over the coming months, we’ll announce additional new features that we believe will really excite our fans.”

“NASCAR Heat 2 improves on the strong racing foundation established in NASCAR Heat Evolution,” said Richard Garcia, President of Monster Games. “We added a slew of new features designed to take NASCAR games back to their roots, while delivering an authentic racing experience for fans.”

“The inaugural Monster Energy All-Star Race is going to be one of the most entertaining weekends of the year,” Brooks concluded. “Being featured on the cover of a video game is an honor for any athlete. Teaming up with a forward-thinking partner like Toyota for the NASCAR Heat 2 Toyota Cover Race is a thrilling addition to up the stakes of the weekend and increase fan involvement.”

Additional information on NASCAR Heat 2 will be available throughout the summer on the game’s official website: www.NASCARHeat.com.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun

Never played the first one, but am intrigued to see what this one has to offer. My two favorite Nascar games were Dirt to Daytona and Nascar 2005 Chase for the Cup. I haven't really played, or been that interested, in anything since.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Every year I fall for the nonsense and promises of the new nascar game...

EA in 2009 did the last good one.. deep career mode, trucks and different series... and import facility for car schemes was superb.... had loads of brilliant custom and classic schemes from online...

This as usual promises a deeper career mode than the last and it wont get anywhere near 2009.

Don't get me wrong 2009 wasn't perfect but we have gone backward every since.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll be paying attention to future updates on this one. They've got ALOT of work to do in order to improve on the first one. Hopefully they at least got a good look at our wishlist thread to start building on their list of improvements. I'm glad part 2 has been announced, I'm still not keen on the September release date, I'd rather see them just wait until February and time it up with the new season, which gives plenty of more time to work on the game and make it at least worthy of it's price point this year.

On a side note; I'm tired of hearing about cover athlete announcements and votes for them. I just simply don't care who is on the cover of the game box, especially if it's your first announcement of a new installment in the series. Tell me what you've done to improve the game, especially when the game needed a long list of improvements, don't tell me that it's coming, and please go vote for the cover art. Chances are, I'll buy it digital if I buy it at all and the cover is quite irrelevant. /endrant
Old 05-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Great to see an official announcement, I'm hoping this is a significant step up from the first release. Hearing "track updates and additional drivers" being advertised as features does concern me a bit given the series' recent history, but I'll reserve judgment until a full feature list is released.

I agree with the previous poster about 2009 being a high-water mark for NASCAR games, unfortunately it seems as though the days of a company like EA stepping in and pouring all of their muscle into a NASCAR game are long gone. 704 Games seems to have a lot of passion for the sport, but they're no EA when it comes to resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Great to see an official announcement, I'm hoping this is a significant step up from the first release. Hearing "track updates and additional drivers" being advertised as features does concern me a bit given the series' recent history, but I'll reserve judgment until a full feature list is released.

I agree here. Granted updates to both are a must to replicate current status of NASCAR, but that should be a given as an update. A lot of work needs to go into taking that next step. Honestly, wish they would've forgone a Sept release and put some more time into it. Then release it around Daytona in February on a yearly cycle.

Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I didn't play the first one, but am interested in this game.

I like lots of customization. Creating my own design is one of my favorite things to do. Loved creating logo & design in NBA 2K. So would like to have more options for designing my car and stuff.

Also, more drivers. If I want to do a career and put guys in it to race against like Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, and now Carl Edwards in it for some of the no-names, then let me. Some sports games let you replace several teams with others and this is what I want.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks to the All-Star Race, we now know Kyle Busch is on the cover of NASCAR Heat 2. Really wish they open it up to other drivers besides Toyota based drivers. I know they probably got a ton of money to run this sort of deal but to leave out the other manufactures is crazy. Maybe take all 3 manufactures, run a cover vote based off the highest finishing drivers in the standings from each manufacture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »