Home

Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17

This is a discussion on Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17

To me, the big thing I would like to see changed next year is to allow ALL ratings to be 1 - 100. Why they stop it at 30 is confusing. That means we lose 30 pts towards creating better differentials between wrestlers. Wrestling is scripted as to who wins. Video games are not. So we need that ability to "create" our own script in a way.

And yes, we can eliminate the overalls. They are misleading. I did my own ratings last year (like Hyperballer did for this year), and it can be a tedious task. Just because a wrestler is a 70 OVR, doesn't mean he is terrible.

But I also feel the sliders should not affect the ratings like they do. A wrestlers ability should be solely based on his ratings. The sliders should just be for things like volume, entrance effects on/off, etc. Things that are non-wrestler related. I feel these interfere with the ratings. We have reversal sliders, but also have wrestler reversal ratings. I feel these things cancel each other out. Replace the finishing slider with a finisher rating.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17

I also agree to there being no restrictions to attribute floors or caps. It should be 1 - 100 for ALL superstars.

Also, some of the attributes themselves are too vague. The best example is Ariel Offense and Ariel Reversals. The both should have both STANDING and GROUND subcategories.

ARIEL REVERSALS: For example, Someone like the Big Show would have low Ground Ariel Reversal since he does not quick enough to roll out of the way or put his knees out that often. However, he would have high Standing Ariel Reversal since he can catch/block/swat most wrestlers while they are airborne with ease. A smaller wrestler may be the exact opposite.

ARIEL OFFENSE (STAND VS GROUND): This would determine not only the damage of these moves but the frequency/willingness to use this move. Just because Sheamus does a diving shoulder block does not mean the generic elbow drop everyone has should have the same effect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »