Home

NBA Live 18 Videos Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Videos Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #17
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live VLOG

Idk what it is but the Animations just look stiff and weird...

Look at the kyire ally oop to Lebron...that was not impressive at all. Look at Kyries arm.

It honestly looks like an action figure passing the ball.

Idk, maybe its because I've played 2k too much. Or the lack of hardcore experience with the live franchise.

But it literally looks like nothing improved from the last game. I still see the stiff awkward animations (that now seems to be NBA Lives trademark).

I hope they prove me wrong and I hope I have to type a future post saying I was wrong...

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

I cant wait to purchase it face scans look on point, facial expression look beautiful. My issues are arena lighting it's to dark it reminds me of NBA 2k15, they need to brighten it up. Also Kyrie Irving looked off they gave him a pin head with a giraffe neck. Russell Westbrook head looked a tad bit small and his neck need's to be a tad bit wider like NBA Live 16 version. Animations looked the same as NBA Live 16 a bit clunky and robotic. Overall it's a first day buy for me as long as there's roster editing.

Last edited by Crunky; 05-24-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #19
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I love the way the Celtic player falls to the floor after the Lebron dunk.
Officer someone's been shot. Looks like they will need a chalk outline of him. Strange
Old 05-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Other than the fluidity of movement in Live's games, what always bothers me as that there doesn't seem to be a lot of aggression or purpose when someone pulls off a move. It's like even with a defender on you, the offensive player makes moves like he's practicing in a gym by himself. Of course we all need to see this game running 5v5, not some highlight reel. A lot of time until the game comes out. Hopefully we get more vids. The detail in the faces are really nice (2K take note, fix your muddy faces). Kyrie....please try again, and his body type.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #21
Pro

RyanJS08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
One thing I can say for sure, is that player models, jerseys and facial animations look much improved.

Go back and watch that NBA Live 16 trailer and you will see a stark difference graphically and in relation to animation fluidity.

I certainly didn't expect all the strange animations to be out of the game just yet, and really only saw one in this trailer that I didn't particularly enjoy and that was the Kyrie alley oop to LeBron.

Still need to see these animations in game and real 5v5 gameplay, because if EA does know how to do one thing, it is make trailers.
Facial expressions/animations look off to me. Case in point, check Giannis' drive to the basket. Also the Bucks jersey's are off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #22
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

So how is the game play? That is what matters to me!!
Old 05-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #23
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

I also notice that all the players in the trailer at one point, has their eyes all the way in the backs of their heads, to the point where you only see the whites of their eyes..idk why they wouldn't fix it for at least the trailer...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 05-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #24
Rookie

Damn, the animations still have that stiff arcadey feel to it. Was hoping that it'd be smoother and more fluid looking with all the extra time they had to develop the game. Hopefully the 5v5 gameplay gives me something to be excited about. I really want this game to succeed, just so we can have two great options for bball games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »