Home

F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25

This is a discussion on F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25

Codemasters has just announced F1 2017, scheduled to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide, on August 25.

Check out the new F1 2017 trailer, showcasing three of the historic F1 cars that will be featured in the game – the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 as driven by Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, the 1992 Williams FW14B that was raced by Nigel Mansell and Riccardo Patrese, and the 2002 Ferrari F2002 of Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher.

Not only will F1 2017 include the return of classic F1 cars, it will also feature an even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode. After watching the trailer, be sure to read the official blog for more details.

Quote:
Because we love you guys, we wanted to mark the occasion by releasing a trailer, showcasing three of the historic cars that will feature in the game: the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 as driven by Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, the 1992 Williams FW14B that was raced by Nigel Mansell and Riccardo Patrese and the 2002 Ferrari F2002 of Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher. These aren’t all the classic cars we have in store for you, though, and we’ll be revealing more of them to you in the coming weeks.

We grabbed Game Director, Paul Jeal and Creative Director Lee Mather to get the lowdown on what’s new in F1 2017: “After an extremely successful year with the highly acclaimed F1 2016, we are delighted to be announcing F1 2017 and re-introducing classic F1 cars back to the series” said Paul Jeal, Game Director here at Codemasters. “Classics were incredibly well received when we included them in F1 2013, and in F1 2017 they are back and better than ever. With so many great cars to choose from, it was hard to decide on the final twelve, but we are delighted with our selection of some of the most successful and iconic fan favourites from the past 30 years.”

“For the first time ever F1 2017 fully integrates the classic experience into the main career mode,” said Lee Mather, Creative Director at Codemasters. “As part of your career you will be invited to race in modern day, invitational events in the different classic F1 cars throughout the season. We’re also adding to the variety in F1 2017 with the inclusion of four alternative circuit layouts, as well as numerous new gameplay types. The classic cars will also be available to play in a range of other game modes, including online multiplayer modes and time trial.”

After seeing the stunning new car designs (not forgetting the liveries, of course), with the lap-record-breaking performance levels to match, the 2017 season has seen a huge number of changes to the sport. With the Spanish Grand Prix just behind us, it’s safe to say that the opening races of the season have been absolutely thrilling, as Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport’s Lewis Hamilton and Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel battle it out at the top of the Championship, and Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen continuing to excite fans around the world.

We’ve also got another treat for you: if you pre-order or purchase ‘Day One’ copies of F1 2017, you’ll have exclusive access to the iconic 1988 McLaren MP4/4, as part of the ‘F1 2017 Special Edition.’ The McLaren MP4/4 car will be available to be purchased at a later date, and the eleven other classic cars are available in all editions of the game.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-17-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25

Oh, nice! Glad to see that they mentioned a deeper career mode.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope they added a team owner mode (Without replacing a team) larger fields FTW, lower tiers so you can start low and work your way up, driver stats, drivers switching teams, driver replacements mid season, driver retirements, driver injuries, a better R & D system, a paint booth ect. Also, I want more cinematic wrecks that look real, and don't instantly slow down time pause and prompt me to flashback. I lso would love to see AI mistakes that include single car wrecks.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I hope they added a team owner mode (Without replacing a team) larger fields FTW, lower tiers so you can start low and work your way up, driver stats, drivers switching teams, driver replacements mid season, driver retirements, driver injuries, a better R & D system, a paint booth ect. Also, I want more cinematic wrecks that look real, and don't instantly slow down time pause and prompt me to flashback. I lso would love to see AI mistakes that include single car wrecks.
I always thought that a nice addition to career mode would have been the ability to create your own team, rather than just creating a driver to replace an existing one in the series. There's probably a licensing issue preventing a team from being "removed" and replaced with the player's created one though. In all honesty, I'd like to see it as a pure addition of a new 1 or 2 car team. Sure, that may hurt the realism a bit as the field grows by 1 or 2 cars, I'd just like to race against the superstars of the sport, rather than replacing one of them with myself, and having to drive for one of those teams.

I doubt we'll ever see drivers moving teams, retiring etc. I'm sure it's a licensing thing again. F1 (or maybe it's codies) seems pretty intent on keeping the image of the sport as close to real as possible in that regard. They do need to realize though that it does kill the realism, and point of playing in a career mode if everything stays the same through multiple seasons. Not sure what the solution is though given what I assume are the restrictions.

I actually didn't play F1 2016 as much as I'd have liked to. The main reason for that is that a race began to take too long. By the time you ran practice sessions, qualifying, lengthy races, and trying to complete the goals to earn the points to invest in R&D, the process simply took to long for my liking. I guess my only complaint here was having to run those "testing challenges" during practice for the tire wear, track/driving line awareness (or whatever they called it) to earn the R&D points. Sure, you don't have to do them, but it sure benefits you to. All in all, it just got too time consuming for me. Since the life cycle is almost over for 2016 maybe I'll go back and play it a bit here and just skip the practice/testing goals since R&D won't be a big concern anymore with me likely trading it in soon with the 17 edition around the corner.

The classic cars are cool I suppose, I just don't see it as something I'd be overly concerned with. No real desire to play "special events" within my career mode with the classics. I'd prefer some of the classic tracks. The German GP has always frustrated me in this game since it's bounced around a bit in the past from Nurburgring to... Hockenheim (I think?). Give me both tracks in the game. The assets are there in the studio somewhere. Set the appropriate one in the career schedule, that's cool. At least give me the option to run the other in practice, or single race. I get it... it's based on the 2017 season though, so they only want to include those tracks/events on the schedule, but I'd just like to see a bit more variation, and options within the game itself, outside of career. I'm sure the classics though, probably give them an option to roll out DLC as the game cycle rolls on with new classics possibly be released, speculation; sure but maybe if they do that, they can offer a classic track or two as well.

Last edited by brandon27; 05-19-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Would love to have classic tracks with the option to customize the schedule. Would be nice to race on Watkins Glen, grew up about 20 minutes from there.

-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2017, 01:44 AM   #6
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

August is going to be harsh on my gaming time. F1, Madden and ME: Shadow of War all within 3 days of each other lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 05-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Just to build on my prior post...

F1 2016 was the first F1 title to hold it's own against all the other fall games I get, ESPECIALLY Madden, which is always my biggest gaming time-sink. I played F1 every weekend after it came out, and sometimes even during the week. I enjoyed the hell out of career mode this last time round, and am very much looking forward to the new cars and the game improvements in 2017.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 06-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I would love to see teams come and go during career mode. Due to licensing teams already present probably would have to remain static. But the other 3 spots (Think there's a maximum of 13 teams allowed?) could fluctuate with "Fake" teams with real drivers including those from lower tiers. Would be fun to see an upstart team go from humble roots to championship contention. And since it is a game and we don't care about safety, like they do IRL maybe even expand beyond 13 teams.

-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »