Home

Tennis World Tour Set to Join Next-Gen

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Set to Join Next-Gen within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tennis World Tour Set to Join Next-Gen

It's been a long time coming, but it seems like we might finally get a Top Spin successor on current-gen consoles. Tennis World Tour is set to be formally introduced at Gamescom 2017 in August, and I'm very excited about it.

I have owned every Top Spin that ever existed, as well as a temporary venture into Virtua Tennis 4, which had better graphics but was nearly unplayable by comparison. With that being said, I feel like Top Spin set the standard in being able to translate tennis to video games. I kid you not, my youth tennis coach noted that my decision making started to improve on the court as I played the game more.

Read More - Tennis World Tour Set to Join Next-Gen
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fight Night
Old 05-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes it has been way to long for a new tennis game. My only concern is Big Ben. These are the ones who are behind Handball 16 & 17 As well as Rugby 15. These games are not well known in this country but trust me they are awful ! In addition their games are poorly supported as far as updates and patches. 2018 is a long way off so we can hope for the best.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #4
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5
Egads - good catch, Eyeman. I was excited...until I read BigBen. Hope you're right...
Old 05-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yeah Big Ben and sports games.... ugh just ugh.

They did the rugby World Cup game too.... half licensed mess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 04:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Let's give some credit to the technical partner behind the game, Breakpoint Studio. My respect to the people who created Top Spin 4... Producer, game designer,...

I prefer thinking about what Breakpoint Studio can do than in what Big Ben has done. If I`m not wrong, Big Ben's role in this case is just publishing. Let Breakpoint Studio do what they know.Thanks for both Studios. I've been waiting for many years a tennis game and we have it ... just a few months ahead...
Old 05-31-2017, 05:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipito
Let's give some credit to the technical partner behind the game, Breakpoint Studio. My respect to the people who created Top Spin 4... Producer, game designer,...

I prefer thinking about what Breakpoint Studio can do than in what Big Ben has done. If I`m not wrong, Big Ben's role in this case is just publishing. Let Breakpoint Studio do what they know.Thanks for both Studios. I've been waiting for many years a tennis game and we have it ... just a few months ahead...
I agree with Pipito but my main issue with Big Ben is that they clearly rush the games out and then offer no support (each patch costs money - and they said in forums before they wouldn't pay sony/Microsoft to patch their titles I believe).

They really are all about the money... how can you have a Rugby World Cup game and not get licenses for all the teams... there are only 20 teams in it! You have a rugby game based on a Tournament and not get all 20 licenses... to be fair its bad enough that the game was only based on the World cup!

It'll be the little things thatll hold this title back...

To the OP I am surprised you didn't mention Grand Slam Tennis 2... that game did many many things right... Player Share and licensed Tournaments being 2... the game play was very good too in my opinion, for me its right up there with Top Spin.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one in action soon! Like others, I've been waiting for a few years now for a tennis game on this generation of consoles. I'm always a little skeptical of a completely new sports game, but I'm hopeful!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »