Home

Five Classic Features The Current Sports Games are Missing

This is a discussion on Five Classic Features The Current Sports Games are Missing within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
i would love to have owner mode in MLB the show like there was in MVP baseball, and create your own stadium
Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 AM   #10
MVP

Seems NBA Live might benefit from selling their game for $20 option to try and compete with 2K.

On another note, we could create some of our own nostalgia if we were given tools like schedule creation, being able to move teams to a different league or division and customizing leagues.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
For me personally only Number 3 is something that I see as an issue with today's sports games.
Yep, I agree completely. I miss the days of selecting between games for that season's sport (or, splurging and buying more than one of them!). This past football and hockey seasons, I bought zero games, since neither EA product showed me enough to make the purchase worth that much money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
Rookie

I miss being able to throw the ball around after a play in Baseball games. I would love to see better integration of created players and teams in sports games. "The Home Team" just doesn't cut it with me.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #13
Rookie

Really do miss the secret characters and unlockables. It was so damn satisfying to be rewarded for your gameplay. I generally don't even pay for DLC anymore. I already dropped 60. I don't want to pay more, and it's not fun.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #14
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Seems NBA Live might benefit from selling their game for $20 option to try and compete with 2K.

On another note, we could create some of our own nostalgia if we were given tools like schedule creation, being able to move teams to a different league or division and customizing leagues.
Apparently the NBA would not allow this. They felt that a budget title would cheapen their premium brand. This was discussed awhile back on an episode of the Press Row Podcast.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:50 AM   #15
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Franchise modes while deep, for me have gotten too complicated. Specifically, the UI in Madden is dreadful and feels laggy. I don't want to spend an hour doing drills for players, or being forced to recruit manually and spend points. I want options that allow me to focus on playing, or at least make these add ons fun. Remember Madden 09 where you could train your player with sprint or benchpress, now that was cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19
a name database. that used to be in 2k games. you could create just about any name, much more personable when the arean mc's and commentators would say the name.
it might still exist, but not sure

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »