Home

Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

This is a discussion on Ten Tips for Rocket League Success within the Rocket League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Once you level a bit and hit the pro or vet rankings you'll definitely see a lot more people attempting aerials. You should definitely start working on basic aerials through training now and get a jump on the guys in your skill range. It completely opens up your game if you can hit the ball up high even if you can't aim your shots/passes yet.

You'll be surprised how often shot opportunities come by being able to get in the air. It also helps a lot on defense being able to deflect balls away from the goal.

Even if I wasn't able to hit it with my tail end to go for the goal, just tapping it and keeping it in front of the net puts a lot of pressure on the other team by giving my teammates a chance to clean it up
This is what I started working on the very first time I played the game. I knew instantly it would be what separated great vs decent players. The on ground flips and double jumps while they are critical to moving the ball, the high level stuff will be high pointing the ball with boosts.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is what I started working on the very first time I played the game. I knew instantly it would be what separated great vs decent players. The on ground flips and double jumps while they are critical to moving the ball, the high level stuff will be high pointing the ball with boosts.

I have not been able to truly time aerials with any consistency; I'm whiffing all over the place at times. Watching some advanced players on YT, they are getting some crazy air.

What's everybody's strategies on boosting? I tend save for those moments when I have to mad dash on defense and deflect a shot in goal.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #11
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have not been able to truly time aerials with any consistency; I'm whiffing all over the place at times. Watching some advanced players on YT, they are getting some crazy air.

What's everybody's strategies on boosting? I tend save for those moments when I have to mad dash on defense and deflect a shot in goal.

Just watch full games of top players and not their highlight reels (unless it's kronovi because that **** is that easy for him). Try to understand how they approach each ball, usage of boost, and which balls they retreat on. I picked up most of my game watching gibbs play. Just watching him play a few games you really do play better because you start to see plays develop and how to appropriately position yourself.

The skill mechanics comes with time, but putting yourself in position to make a play goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mikenoob; 08-16-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0

You may like how to get more rl crates and items? Until you can get special halloween crates?
I got some points and exchanged them for crates, I picked up some halloween crates, Player's choice Crates, Nitro Crates and other RL crates. What I'm going to do now is get some other items and have some fun. When I play, I sell my RL crates or I'll make RL trade for rare items https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

Last edited by ylvis; 11-01-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:41 PM   #13
Just started!

NealJ's Arena

These tips are very useful to me. Rocket League is the game I recommend to anyone who likes competitive video games. The different different options in the game give you at least 1 thing you want to do, whether it's free play, custom training, causal, competition, warm up, snow day, rumble, basketball or tournament. I personally like competitive 3s 2s and 1s. All in-game details such as game chat, items, clubs, parties, training, different arenas and mechanics. Learning things like aerial dribbling and ceiling shooting pays off in the long run because Rocket League is a long-term game.

Last edited by NealJ; 02-21-2023 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:22 AM   #14
Rookie

Aside from the game aspect of Rocket League, trading is something that many players love to carry out. You can find some tips on how to get the best Rocket League items here: https://prombgaming.com/rocket-league-items/

Last edited by Pro MB Gaming; 04-13-2023 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

Is it only me can't see the video??
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League »