Home

Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Roster Updates within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #233
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Roster Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Days later, and surprisingly this thread keeps the laughter going. Where are those folks who said they don't need roster editing hiding?
As we stated when it was first announced, "No editing and people will be complaining and abandoning game in a few months." And here we are are few months later.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #234
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Days later, and surprisingly this thread keeps the laughter going. Where are those folks who said they don't need roster editing hiding?

No ones saying editing is not needed or wanted. I too would like it in, but boycotting the game for a lacking feature, not impacting gameplay as we know it, is not helping overall development, nor the gameplay metrics that drive some of the financial decisions behind what gets added in the game. It’s a self defeating movement, because without sales money the game can’t develop in a more timely manner.....Thus a longer development cycle for some “features”.

Personally it doesn’t keep me away from a great game on the court, and I only play franchise. If editing and franchise are the main complaints, we are in good shape overall and in the future., as they are still continuing to develop this game on the front and back end.

Some of us have not lost patience, and recognize the course of overall NBA Live development this year as a huge step forward., and don’t need every thread to be hijacked by editing side comments, editing wants, and Synergy hatred without understanding what it even is doing. Who really knows? I don’t hear anything about gameplay or “the little things” anymore just editing and more editing.

I think the devs get it, and even mentioned continued development towards that cause early on after release.

Personally, I don’t need to match the season every step via editing or trading in my franchise, it’s my own sandbox . I do agree EA roster updates should be more frequent and accurate as advertised., for obvious reasons.

This game is very fun, improves daily, and can accurately mimic nba gameplay on the court now. I still have WOW moments and have noted the added content from animations to gameplay in my franchise.

Editing is a Half full vs half empty debate until editing is a reality, but constantly bashing devs overtly or covertly will not get us audience with them faster, nor the actual feature we desire.

Where are the naysayers said Live series couldn’t get this far or this good without editing? I’m still trusting the process. Look what it’s done for the 76ers. #trusttheprocess

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 11-17-2017, 11:49 PM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
No ones saying editing is not needed or wanted. I too would like it in, but boycotting the game for a lacking feature, not impacting gameplay as we know it, is not helping overall development, nor the gameplay metrics that drive some of the financial decisions behind what gets added in the game. It’s a self defeating movement, because without sales money the game can’t develop in a more timely manner.....Thus a longer development cycle for some “features”.

Personally it doesn’t keep me away from a great game on the court, and I only play franchise. If editing and franchise are the main complaints, we are in good shape overall and in the future., as they are still continuing to develop this game on the front and back end.

Some of us have not lost patience, and recognize the course of overall NBA Live development this year as a huge step forward., and don’t need every thread to be hijacked by editing side comments, editing wants, and Synergy hatred without understanding what it even is doing. Who really knows? I don’t hear anything about gameplay or “the little things” anymore just editing and more editing.

I think the devs get it, and even mentioned continued development towards that cause early on after release.

Personally, I don’t need to match the season every step via editing or trading in my franchise, it’s my own sandbox . I do agree EA roster updates should be more frequent and accurate as advertised., for obvious reasons.

This game is very fun, improves daily, and can accurately mimic nba gameplay on the court now. I still have WOW moments and have noted the added content from animations to gameplay in my franchise.

Editing is a Half full vs half empty debate until editing is a reality, but constantly bashing devs overtly or covertly will not get us audience with them faster, nor the actual feature we desire.

Where are the naysayers said Live series couldn’t get this far or this good without editing? I’m still trusting the process. Look what it’s done for the 76ers. #trusttheprocess

Now wait for that response of someone telling you, you been trusting the process for 4 years now, and 2k still winning, only on the live forums lol smh

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #236
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1

Get this far? The only reason people are still talking about this game is because of the Street modes.

We shouldn't even be talking about editing in a sports game in 2017. It shouldn't come up at all because it should be included.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by sarlndr; 11-18-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:00 AM   #237
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Is the game enjoyable to some, sure. These threads here, geesh. People's trust wane. Damn near ghost town..

https://forums.ea.com/en/nba-live/ca...chnical-issues
https://forums.ea.com/en/nba-live/ca...ral-discussion

NBA Live Stockholm Syndrome is in effect.. that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 11-18-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #238
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm trying to fathom justifying Eric Bledsoe being the starting PG for the Suns when he hasn't played since October 23rd and is now 4 games in with the Bucks...and they shouldn't be held accountable for this why? because you enjoy playing Live? This mentality kills me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #239
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm trying to fathom justifying Eric Bledsoe being the starting PG for the Suns when he hasn't played since October 23rd and is now 4 games in with the Bucks...and they shouldn't be held accountable for this why? because you enjoy playing Live? This mentality kills me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Crazy to me that after the Live debacles of the recent past EA would let things like this go. Don't they care about holding on to their user base? If you are not going to have editing then keeping rosters up-to-date should be high priority. I just don't get it...
Old 11-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #240
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

OVR: 0

nba live mobile stays updated but console version is neglected smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »