Home

A New Era for the Pirates: MLB 17 Franchise

This is a discussion on A New Era for the Pirates: MLB 17 Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #9
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A New Era for the Pirates: MLB 17 Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by drYY
Can I comment? If so, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
As a Nats fan, that Harper dealio hurt mah heart. Was that legit? If it was the game, are you sure it wasn't Bryan Harper? He usually retires

Sent from my SM-A310F using Operation Sports mobile app
Yea you can always comment anything you like and,

100% sure I went through it and was like "oh wait it was Bryan Harper" and then I doubled checked and it was Bryce. He got hurt and I'm kind of disappointed it happened to be honest. Though I guess events like this do happen like Prince Fielder but I'm still shocked. I'm hoping next year that they make it so players can take multiple seasons off to recover from injury.

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Soccer- Real Madrid & Orlando City
Old 01-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #10
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

AAAA.jpg
2019-20 Season Preview
This season is more of a rebuild season as we got ride of our two best players last season and this season we will be having an average team with mostly all young players with the oldest being 33-year old’s Andres Blanco and Wade LeBlanc. As well as this season we may be looking to move Josh Harrison who has around $32 million owed in the next 3 seasons and we aren’t looking to pay him that as we aren’t contending now. As well as we have some youngsters in 2B Kevin Newman, P Mitch Keller and top prospect Austin Meadows. Another player we may be looking to move is starting pitcher Ivan Nova who posted an 8-11 record last season with 120 strikeouts but he still is able to be a back of the rotation guy. The reason we are looking to move him is because of his contract where he is owed around $18 million in the next two seasons.

Team Predictions:
Record: 73-89
Team MVP: Starling Marte
Team Ace: Jameson Taillon
Key Add: Erik Gonzalez

7ICHgZqn.png
Top 5 Prospects
1.Austin Meadows (Triple- AAA):
Meadows is currently the #12 prospect in all baseball and last season spent it in Indianapolis besides a the last few weeks of the season where he was called up and he batted .455 in 13 games and 11 at bats. Meadows will hopefully be the star of the team in the future as he has the ability to swing the bat.

2.Mitch Keller (Triple-AAA)-
Mitch is the #14 prospect in all baseball and the #2 for the Pirates. The 22-year-old starter has the ability to become a hard throwing pitcher with his fastball being his best pitch and be able to throw it by batters. He went 12-4 in Indianapolis last season and made 2 start last season going 2-0 in 14 innings.

3. Marlon Ozan (Double-AA)-
The #17 prospect in baseball, our fifth-round draft pick last season is quickly looking like he’ll be a strong starter for us in the future. The 19-year-old throw a fours seam and two seam fastballs as well as a curveball and changeup. He already has pretty good break but he currently needs to work on his control if he wants to move up.

4. Doug Lusk (Double-AA)-
Lusk was the first-round pick in the draft last season for us and his fielding is looking like the best part of his game. Lusk a switch-hitting catcher may also get time at first base but he’ll have to work on his bat if he has any chance of making the majors.

5. Shane Baz (Double-AA)-
Baz was our #3 prospect at the start of last season but with Ozan and Lusk coming in he slides down to #5. The 6’3 starter has the overpowering pitching style with his fastball topping out around 101 MPH. So he is able to throw it by batters but also has 4 more pitches to get hitters out with.

Organization Rosters
MLB Roster
Spoiler

Triple-AAA Roster
Spoiler

Double-AA Roster
Spoiler

imagesGGJ7RHRL.jpg
Opening Day Preview:
Home vs St. Louis Cardinals
Game Time: 1:35

Projected Lineup:
LF- Starling Marte
CF- Andrew Toles
1B Josh Bell
RF- Gregory Polanco
2B- Josh Harrison
SS- Erik Gonzalez
3B- Jordy Mercer
C- Francisco Cervelli
P- Jamieson Taillon

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat

Last edited by Hinkleyyy; 01-17-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

AAAA.jpg
April 2019 Review
Team Leaders
Spoiler

7ICHgZqn.png
SP- Billy Donnelly- Triple AAA Indianapolis Indians
In four starts in the start of the season Donnelly has posted a 2.66 with a record of 2-0. As well as the tall lefty has 32 strikeouts in 20.1 innings and only allowing 12 walks. The 20-year-old starter is currently not on the 40-man roster but if he keeps pitching like this he’ll be a contender to be added if some of the starter in Pittsburgh keep struggling.

CP- Montana DuRapau- Triple AAA Indianapolis Indians
The 26-year-old closer this season has converted 7 of 8 saves and only blown one. Montana has 8 stakeouts in the 10 innings he’s gone through and in that time just given up 8 hits and 1 run with a 0.90 ERA.

Injury Updates
PosPlayerInjury Note
2BJosh Harrison60-Day DL (Fractured Forearm)
CFAndrew Toles60-Day DL (Shoulder cartiladge damage)

Transactions
4/9 Placed 2B Josh Harrison on 60-Day DL (fractured forearm)
4/10 Recalled 3B David Freese from Triple-A, promoted 2B Kevin Newman to Double-A and promoted 2B Pablo Reyes to Double-A
4/17 Placed CF Andrew Toles on 60-Day DL (shoulder cartilage damage)
4/18 Recalled CF Clint Frazier from Triple-A and promoted RF Wesley White to Triple-A

Around the League
MLB Standings - Updated: May 1, 2018
AL EASTWLGB
Rays1511-
Orioles13132.0
Yankees13142.5
Red Sox12132.5
Blue Jays10144.0
AL CENTRALWLGB
Royals178-
Twins14113.0
Indians14123.5
Tigers10157.0
White Sox9178.5
AL WESTWLGB
Angels1610-
Astros14132.5
Rangers14132.5
Mariners11155.0
Athletics10166.0
NL EASTWLGB
Nationals1610-
Mets13122.5
Marlins13122.5
Braves8177.5
Phillies6199.5
NL CENTRALWLGB
Brewers187-
Cubs16102.5
Reds12157.0
Cardinals11147.0
Pirates9179.5
NL WESTWLGB
Dodgers198-
Rockies16113.0
Diamondbacks15113.5
Giants14135.0
Padres10179.0

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #12
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

9-17??

Jesus....
Old 01-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #13
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

Harrison and Toles missing have killed our lineup. Even though Marte is on fire right now. Pomeranz is really struggling and the bullpen has been just as bad not being reliable at all so far. Hopefully this season turns around and we can make a run or we may be dumping players at the deadline sadly.

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #14
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

AAAA.jpg
May 2019 Review
Team Leaders
Spoiler

7ICHgZqn.png
1B- Will Craig- Altoona Curves
In the month of may big first baseman Will Craig was on fire. He hit .279 in 68 at bats while driving in 10 runs with one homerun. Craig whose fielder is above average is slowly developing his bat and may be able to make the roster next season.

RP- Sam Lind- Indianapolis Indians
This month Lind has posted a team low 1.17 ERA and sat down 26 batters with strikeouts. He’s done this all coming out of the bullpen in 30.2 innings. Lind who was our 6th round pick in last year’s draft wasn’t projected to be anything special but the 20-year-old has quickly shown he has the ability to pitch with effectiveness.

Injury Updates
PosPlayerInjury Note
PTyler Eppler (Double-AA)Day-to-Day (Lat muscle Strain)
CFAndrew Toles60-Day DL (Shoulder cartiladge damage)
2BJosh Harrison60-Day DL (Fractured Forearm)
LFChris Bostick (Triple-AAA)60- Day DL (Broken forearm)
PGeraldo Chavevz (Triple-AAA)60- Day DL (Fractued wrist)

Transactions
5/7 Signed Free Agent SS Eduardo Nunez for 2y/ 3.1M and assigned him to Pittsburgh Pirates, optioned 3B David Freese to Triple-AAA and sent 2B Pablo Reyes to Single-A.
5/11 Placed LF Chris Bostick (Triple-AAA) on 60-Day DL (Broken forearm)
5/20 Optioned P Julian Fernandez to Triple-AAA and recalled P Richard Rodriguez from Triple-AAA
5/29 Placed P Geradlo Chavez (Triple-AAA) on 60-Day DL (Fractured wrist) and promoted Alex McRae to Triple-AAA from Single-A. Sent 2B Kevin Newman to Double-AA and promoted SS Cole Tucker to Triple-AAA.

Around the League
MLB Standings - Updated: Jun 1, 2019
AL EASTWLGB
Red Sox3023-
Rays30240.5
Blue Jays28252.0
Yankees29272.5
Orioles25295.5
AL CENTRALWLGB
Twins3122-
Indians30241.5
Royals24297.0
White Sox223310.0
Tigers203411.5
AL WESTWLGB
Angels3024-
Astros31260.5
Rangers30250.5
Athletics26294.5
Mariners24306.0
AL WILD CARD RACEWLGB
Indians3024-
Rays3024-
NL EASTWLGB
Nationals2925-
Mets27251.0
Marlins25283.5
Phillies22316.5
Braves183510.5
NL CENTRALWLGB
Cubs3915-
Brewers262813.0
Cardinals252813.5
Reds223418.0
Pirates193419.5
NL WESTWLGB
Dodgers3818-
Giants35213.0
Rockies34224.0
Diamondbacks253113.0
Padres203517.5
NL WILD CARD RACEWLGB
Giants3521-
Rockies3422-

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Old 01-18-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

AAAA.jpg
2019 Season Review
So, a quick update, I had the rest of the months written up on my laptop and I saved them. Though when I went back to find them I guess I didn’t because I’ve searched everyone to find them and wasn’t able to. So I’m going to start with the offseason here. Here are some notable things I was able to find though:

2018 First Year Player Draft Players to watch
Round 1 Pick 10
C Rafael Bruno

A 19-year-old catcher from Florida Atlantic University Bruno was a standout as a freshman leading the team with hits and third in homers. The 6’5 catcher can hit but his fielding has to be worked on. Bruno may slide over to first base in the future. MLB ETA 2021 and player comparison is Carlos Santana

Round 2 Pick 40
1B Jamaal McWilliams

Jamaal drafted out of Georgia Tech is another tall guy as Jamaal also stands 6’5 but currently he has no true strengths and at the age of 22 needs to develop quickly if he wants to make the show. His current MLB ETA is 2024 and player comparison is Lucas Duda

Round 3 Pick 70
P Rickey Zager

Zager drafted out of Ohio State is a 19-year-old that has the ability to through with break and velocity with four pitches to work with. He is a pitcher that will start most games cause of his stamina he has to get through innings. MLB ETA 2022 and player comparison is Jose Quintana.

Round 7 Pick 190
P Jaime Castaneda

Jamie a short pitcher standing at 5’11 was drafted out of Farleigh Dickenson where he played last season with 1st round pick catcher Doug Lusk. He has great break in his pitches but the downfall is he is most useful as a starter but the lefty needs to develop his stamina if he wants to work long innings. MLB ETA is 2023 and player comparison James Paxton.

2019-20 Offseason Review:
Notable Retiree’s
Astros: P Joe Smith, P Justin Verlander
Blue Jays: C Russel Martin
Cubs: IF Ben Zobrist
Dodgers: P Rich Hill, LF Howie Kendrick
Indians: DH Edwin Encarnacion
Orioles: P Darren O’Day
Pirates: P Malcom Henderson (Double-AA)
Rangers: P Cole Hamels
Red Sox: 1B Hanley Ramirez
Royals: LF Alex Gordan
Twins: P Pat Neshek
Free Agents: DH Jose Bautista, LF Matt Holiday

Top 10 Free Agents
1. 1B Paul Goldschimdt (Qualified Offer Made)- signed with Blue Jays 10 years/246.5M
2. 2B Brian Dozer (Qualified Offer Made)- signed with Dodgers 9 year/ 227.7M
3. CF Charlie Blackmon (Qualified Offer Made)- signed with Phillies 4 years/106.9M
4. 2B DJ LeMahieu (Qualified Offer Made)- signed with Padres 6 year/ 110.1M
5. CP Zach Britton- signed with Cubs 5 year/46.6M
6. SP Dallas Keuchel- signed with Pirates 4 years/50.2M
7. AJ Pollock- signed with Nationals 6 years/91.2M
8. Alcides Escobar- signed with Blue Jays 2 years/12.6M
9. Hector Rondon- signed with Angels 3 years/9M
10. Matt Kemp- signed with Rangers 1 year/3.7M

Notable Pirates Offseason Moves:
Expired Contracts
AJ Schugel- free agent
Daniel Hudson- resigned 1 year and $2.1M
David Freese- free agent
Ivan Nova- free agent
Richard Rodriguez- resigned 3 year and $1.3M
Sean Rodriguez- free agent
Starling Marte- resigned 4 years and $34M
Todd Cunningham- free agent
Wade LeBlanc- resigned 1 year and $460K

Signings:
P- Dallas Kuechel for 4 years and $50.2M
P- Lance Lynn for 2 years and $3.6M
3B- Marwin Gonzalez for 1 year and $8.2M

Trades:
Pirates trade P Drew Pomeranz to the Blue Jays for SS Lourdes Gurriel Jr., P Brian Ibanez and C Andy Hauta
Pirates trade P Tyler Glansnow, CF Clint Frazier and SS Benny Angel to the Marlins for CF Christian Yelich
Pirates trade 3B Andres Blanco to Mets for P David Peterson

Other:
Released C Francisco Cervelli
Released 3B Jae-gyun Hwang
Removed RF Jordan Luplow from 40-Man roster
Added P Brian Cruz and P Billy Donnelly to 40-Man Roster

Top Pirate Stories of the Offseason
We get Pitching
In one of the most suprising moves of the offseason the Pirates sign last season Cy Young winner in Keuchel. Dallas went 20-5 last season with the Astros with a ERA of 3.32 and 181 strikeouts. The signing of Keuchel has shown the fans of the Pirates that they may be going all in this season. Keuchel who will be the leader of the staff. The 31-year-old will be tied as the oldest in the staff along with Lance Lynn who spent the last two seasons with the Rangers. Last season we went 7-5 with a 4.95 ERA as the Rangers didn’t give him much help. With the two new pitchers the Pirates have tremendously strengthened their rotation and may be able to lead them into the postseason.

We Shop the Market
Another blockbuster deal we made this offseason was the acquisition of All-Star center fielder Christian Yelich. Yelich has been with the Marlins his whole career as last season he had a career high average at .306, homeruns at 24 and second career high in RBI’s at 72. With Yelich being added to the lineup we bulk up the middle of our offense and allow protection to Marte, Bell and Polanco. Yelich will now slide in at starting CF and take the place of Andrew Toles who will be a bench option. In the trade we did send two top prospects in Frazer, who we got in the Gerrit Cole deal, and high draft pick in 2019 SS Benny Angel. Though we also traded P Drew Pomeranz who pitched horrible last season and got a haul back in 3 prospects as we get a great deal. Finally, in a salary dump we send Andres Blanco to the Mets for P David Peterson.

MLB- New York Mets
NBA-Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

AAAA.jpg
2020-21 Season Preview Spring Training Review
Spring Training Stories
Back Up Catcher?
In spring we saw the battle for the spot on the roster for the back up catcher between Jacob Stallings and Mike Ohlman. Stallings batted .216 in 37 AB’s with 2 RBI’s while Ohlman batted .200 in 10 AB’s with 0 RBI’s. With Diaz being the starter the organization decided to go with Stallings as the backup because of his fielding and better bat then Ohlman who will start in Triple-AAA.

Final Spots in the Bullpen
With Bradley, Hudson, Fernandez and lefty LeBlanc having spots set we were looking for our final two bullpen guys. The spots were fought over between Nik Turley (L), Dovydas Neverauskas (R), Tyler Eppler (R), Brian Cruz (R), Richard Rodriguez (R) and Montana DuRapu (R) which was won by Richard Rodriguez and Nik Turley. Who both had dominate springs, though Cruz and Eppler were very close to making the cut in the pen.

Organizational Rosters
MLB Roster
Spoiler

Triple-AAA Roster
Spoiler

Double-AA Roster
Spoiler

imagesGGJ7RHRL.jpg
Pirates @ Brewers
Game Time: 1:10 PM

Projected Starting Lineup:
1. LF Starling Marte