Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #36793
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I think he was referring to the "losers" of the battle for market share, not calling MS/Nintendo or any of their supporters losers in a derogatory sense. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I took it.

Don't really care about cross-play myself and whether it's a good/bad business or PR decision...just thought I'd share my thoughts on that brief exchange.

Either way looking at it like a winners/losers situation is pretty much what’s wrong with gaming today. The consumer losses when decisions like this are made. We are at the point where all gamers can play together in some cases and one company is holding that up because of greed. It is what it is.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #36794
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Always thought it would be neat if I could see the platform exclusive cars when playing against them in Rocket League.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I don’t think you can since that could create an advantage for players.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #36795
MVP

Look on the bright side, im fully expecting Sony to implement cross-play on PlayStation 5 day one.

Last edited by peter42O; 08-14-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 AM   #36796
All Star

Quote:
Fortnite is free though. So this doesn’t really apply to the post you quoted.

The problem is that people on Xbox/switch can play free Fortnite with all their cosmetic purchases and progress carrying over to each. They can hop back and forth. Sony locks all purchases to sony only and even worse once you play Fortnite on PS4 you can’t even use that epic account on any other platform.
I completely forgot that fortnite was free so yeah that makes a big difference. But yeah when it comes to rebuying a game on a different system I would say about the only time people do that is for remasters because its been years and big graphic upgrade. I have never bought the same game on multiple systems during the same gen before so like not a remaster and never will.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #36797
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Don't really care about cross-play myself and whether it's a good/bad business or PR decision...just thought I'd share my thoughts on that brief exchange.
Same here. I don't care if they implement cross play or not. I don't play games online, or at least very, very rarely will I play a game online.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #36798
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Same here. I don't care if they implement cross play or not. I don't play games online, or at least very, very rarely will I play a game online.
I don't care either, each platform has enough jerks to insult me, cuss at me or say racist stuff without having to pull in jerks from another platform.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #36799
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't care either, each platform has enough jerks to insult me, cuss at me or say racist stuff without having to pull in jerks from another platform.

That’s obviously what crossplay is all about. The opportunity to play with more jerks. Haha.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #36800
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
That’s obviously what crossplay is all about. The opportunity to play with more jerks. Haha.
Yeah, I took the NHL 3 on 3 beta out for a spin the day it came out and got some guy messaging me "PLAY YOUR POSITION *#*#*@*@!#@@@"

Thought it was funny, like it was some life or death league game or something.

P.S. I was about the only one playing my actual position Sort of made me think he sent a mass message to everyone on his team which makes it even more ridiculous

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »