Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:26 PM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

Finally fixed my issue of QB AI being really bad, just re-installed the game!

There's a huge difference between franchise mode games and play now games. In play now, realized at the 1-5 yard line (redzone) the cpu would always call a blitz, so it was easy to get a TD. In franchise however, they call a mix of coverages, and disguise their calls. It's been insanely fun! Expect a blitz but everyone drops back and you're like uh-oh!

This years game has been amazing, I haven't thrown a pick (all pro, 6 minute quarters) in two franchise games yet and i'm using the colts. I just try to read the defense - which is so important this year. If things look like a blitz pre snap you can't be locked in, you have to understand the cpu disguises things this year and you got to wait, or live for another down. Also, regarding interceptions, i realized the game has somewhat of throwing lanes. Even if a receiver seems open, if the lane you're throwing through may have a lb or safety waiting/close by you could be picked. You have to wait for it to get clear, or for him to run through it to get a good line of sight to throw the ball.

For the running game i suggest doing the tutorials, and seeing what runs are called when. A west coast zone team, tries to do zone runs, so that would be your best bet. Also you have to see the linemen, and where they are being pushed to and then make your decision. For example on an outside zone, you need to key on the edge, if he's inside run outside if he's outside run inside. Another thing i noticed was, I was pushing the analog stick left or right while running and my runner ran parallel to the line of scrimmage. Instead you want to push it diagonally towards the hole you wanna hit, The analogue is really sensitive this year!

Overall, i find the game fun! Plus i feel like you gotta read the defense a lot more, and not force stuff, they make mistakes as well and every aspect is important, plus the ratings matter and each team is different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 11:42 PM   #562
Rookie

Re opened my account just so i could talk trash about this year's madden.. Okay I had it since about last week tuesday with the early release... Played countless games offline... a few online.. but the online games really killed it for me... first... it's already trash as heck that we cant run the ball.. it forces you to either throw deep passes or the post throw in the middle.... makes online play kinda trash and cheesy.. imo... CFM is still complete trash.. I was offering wilson Max money... couldn't go up anymore besides with the bonus and he was saying it still wasnt enough per year and it was nothing i could do so of course i had to cheat my way around it smh.... Twitter feed is complete trash and so hard to read and dont make any sense outside of the first year.. and dont get me started on the trash draft that doesnt make sense for the most part... and the number 1 thing i hate most about this darn game.... is recovering of fumbles.... this wasn't the first time.. this happens normally vs the computer but today this happened online... i kick the ball off.. hit the guy so hard he fumbles.. five of my players are around the ball... Nobody can pick it up they only kick it.. guy comes five 10 to 5 yards away and get the ball... lucky the guy i was playing threw a int the very next play... but still what type of wacky crap ea selling for 79.99
Old 08-15-2018, 02:26 AM   #563
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I posted this to Clint's Twitter feed. This is an example of what I was talking about in pass pro. Watch the left guard run past the blitzing linebacker and then attempt to engage an interior defensive lineman in a double team further up field. Now it could be a failed check against his awareness (his awareness is 76) but I tend to believe it's a logic issue in pass protection. We'll see what Clint says.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-15-2018 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #564
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah we got it, the 3rd time you posted essentially the exact same thing.
Yes we get it, you think the game is perfect.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #565
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Especially, since he posted the video above your last post.

Game isn't perfect, it had its issues, but not the dumpster fire you claim it to be repeatedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #566
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Knock it off. You've made your impression very clear across multiple threads.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-15-2018, 06:11 AM   #567
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Here's a pick I threw last night that is both good and bad in my opinion and I was curious to hear some thoughts:

Overall, I don't really have too much of a problem with this but it does look and feel a little "psychic." The ball isn't much more than a few yards out of the QB's hands and Peters, who has his back turned when it's thrown, is already breaking right to where the ball is going.

Interestingly enough though, Peters made an almost identical interception to this last year against the Chargers:

Same route concept against the same defense but in this case he has his eyes on the QB the entire time and never turns with the outside receiver. It's crazy to me how similar these plays look when you look at the point Peters breaks on the ball and the inaccuracy of the throw is virtually the same as well.

And I think that's what makes it tough and where users can run into a lot of problems because things look one way and it appears as if the corner has been cleared out because he's committed to the deep route but then as soon as it's thrown he immediately bails and jumps the underneath.
had that happen to me on a blitzing LB - he clearly was coming towards the LOS and as soon as i hit the button to the hot receiver he stopped pivoted and made a play on the ball for the INT - i just turned it off - I cannot deal with nonsense.
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Old 08-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #568
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I posted this to Clint's Twitter feed. This is an example of what I was talking about in pass pro. Watch the left guard run past the blitzing linebacker and then attempt to engage an interior defensive lineman in a double team further up field. Now it could be a failed check against his awareness (his awareness is 76) but I tend to believe it's a logic issue in pass protection. We'll see what Clint says.

I see this sort of thing in pass pro and on pulls in the run game. I tend to think it's a logic thing. The guys look confused and wind up being too late to block anyone effectively.

It's not a game-killer for me, as it's not every play, but it doesn't look good and seems to be a regression from last year's targeting logic.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 08-15-2018 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »