Home

50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #1313
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 50(ish) Threshold-based Slider Set for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
I just got NCAA 14 about a month ago and just played my first season in Dynasty Mode using pretty much this exact setup (All-American, default AI sliders). However I did not modify aggression or play calling for any coaches, and I played on Slow.

I played as Texas State, and used some rosters I found from 2013. The games played out really well. Most games were a challenge. I got blown out a couple of times, I blew other teams out a couple of times, and I had a good season but couldn't really beat the top teams in my conference.

Here were the only issues I noticed:

1. I had the #1 run defense in the nation.

2. The top 5 players in the nation in tackles were all from my team.

3. My DT led the nation in sacks and won multiple awards, mainly because the CPU QB would try to escape the pocket and scramble and run right into him for a sack once or twice a game.

4. Running the ball was pretty easy as my 78 Ovr HB was a Doak Walker finalist.

5. I was called for only 5 penalties in the entire season.

I am debating whether these are worth adjusting for, or if I just accept these flaws since the gameplay is a good balance of challenge and reward.
I had to make adjustments to the sliders. There was no way I could get a competitive game leaving everything at default. I'm now able to get some difficulty on my offensive possessions, however, the CPU offense is still horrible...I honestly believe All American is the best on because Heisman is too frustrating and doesnt really feel like college football to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #1314
Rookie

OVR: 3

So FWIW I played two more games with this setup in my Texas State dynasty. I moved game speed up to normal as suggested.

1st game, I played Navy at home. They really ran the ball down my throat until halfway through the 3rd quarter. 200+ rush yards in the first half. In the 2nd half, I forced a fumble, finally found some defensive play calls that kept the option in check, and the momentum really shifted. I eeked out a win in Overtime. Had my first 300 yard rushing game, wow!

2nd game, I played at Texas Tech. Baker Mayfield torched me for 400 yards and 4 TD. I couldn't do anything and lost 38-7.

Overall I'm really happy with the results. I couldn't have played two more different teams (Navy and TTU) and it really showed. Navy ran all over me, and TTU torched my secondary and had me on my heels all game.

My only concern is that I continue to throw 3 to 4 picks per game, which is probably just my terrible stick skills but it is annoying nonetheless.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #1315
Rookie

Quote:
So FWIW I played two more games with this setup in my Texas State dynasty. I moved game speed up to normal as suggested.

1st game, I played Navy at home. They really ran the ball down my throat until halfway through the 3rd quarter. 200+ rush yards in the first half. In the 2nd half, I forced a fumble, finally found some defensive play calls that kept the option in check, and the momentum really shifted. I eeked out a win in Overtime. Had my first 300 yard rushing game, wow!

2nd game, I played at Texas Tech. Baker Mayfield torched me for 400 yards and 4 TD. I couldn't do anything and lost 38-7.

Overall I'm really happy with the results. I couldn't have played two more different teams (Navy and TTU) and it really showed. Navy ran all over me, and TTU torched my secondary and had me on my heels all game.

My only concern is that I continue to throw 3 to 4 picks per game, which is probably just my terrible stick skills but it is annoying nonetheless.
Did Mayfield throw a lot of screens and 4 verts or did he actually make smart decisions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 05:30 PM   #1316
Pro

Quote:

Yeah normal speed is definitely the way to go. Are all of your settings on the main menu settings the same as the settings in your dynasty?

Old 12-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #1317
Rookie

Currently using 2018-2019 rosters and using these sliders as posted in the beginning of the thread. Just started a dynasty with Wazzou and realized these are too easy on AA. I am 30-31 with 2 TD's against Alabama. My defense has held them to under 100 yards in the first half and I am up 24-0 in the 3rd quarter. Any way to make this a little more difficult? I am not cheesing or anything of that nature as well.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:18 PM   #1318
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
Currently using 2018-2019 rosters and using these sliders as posted in the beginning of the thread. Just started a dynasty with Wazzou and realized these are too easy on AA. I am 30-31 with 2 TD's against Alabama. My defense has held them to under 100 yards in the first half and I am up 24-0 in the 3rd quarter. Any way to make this a little more difficult? I am not cheesing or anything of that nature as well.
Yeah that's what I've been saying. You can adjust the sliders to make the CPU better but they will still be dumb in some sense. I've also tried changing the difficulty to Heisman on the main menu but leaving the dynasty settings on all american. This will definitely make the CPU more challenging while keeping the all american speed/gameplay. Unfortunately the CPU plays like they do on Heisman, so they're still a little op for my liking.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:45 PM   #1319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
Yeah that's what I've been saying. You can adjust the sliders to make the CPU better but they will still be dumb in some sense. I've also tried changing the difficulty to Heisman on the main menu but leaving the dynasty settings on all american. This will definitely make the CPU more challenging while keeping the all american speed/gameplay. Unfortunately the CPU plays like they do on Heisman, so they're still a little op for my liking.

Will it be more competitive? I can't even enjoy beating top teams like how I played against Bama. Super simmed the rest and ended up winning 48-27. Minshew finished 45-51 with 440 yards and 4 touchdowns.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #1320
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
Will it be more competitive? I can't even enjoy beating top teams like how I played against Bama. Super simmed the rest and ended up winning 48-27. Minshew finished 45-51 with 440 yards and 4 touchdowns.
If you choose to keep everything on all american but change the sliders then it will be more difficult but not enough. You can try this to see if you're able to find a setting that you're comfortable with. I'm currently doing this but haven't gotten it so the CPU is challenging enough to what I like. I just feel like the CPU isnt aggressive enough on all american, especially their offense, no matter what sliders you choose.

If you choose the second option and change the main menu settings to Heisman, then it will certainly be more difficult. I recently played a close game as Louisville vs Clemson using these settings and the 2016 roster. I just dont really like heisman because I feel like the CPU qb is too op no matter what rating they are, where all american factors players ratings into the game more. If I were you I would honestly try both options that I mentioned and see which one you like better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »