Home

How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

This is a discussion on How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

On a side note, (I play on equalised stats thesedays so speed is more or less the same, give or take), I slipped a cross, and returned with my own cross, but the speed of my counter cross was slower than the speed of the opponent's combo which was a cross - same side head kick.

My slip was to the rear leg, and then I came back with a cross, so it's the slightly slower one than the slip towards the rear leg > cross.

So a rear leg slip cross counter was beaten by a cross - round house combo.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #34
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
I hate to sound like a dick but I think a lot of you just genuinely don't know how/when to use the body hooks and just expect to land 3 pieces to the body on the regular. Against good players body shots are much harder to land of course just like anything.

I really hate being this "git gud" sounding type of person but I just don't get the body shot complaining. Most people on here have most likely faced a good player in the current meta that will tear your **** up with body work by picking you apart. Body Jabs, body straights, SINGLE body hooks, body uppercuts, body kicks. Don't just expect hooks to be OP and do all the work for you whilst eliminating the need to use other strikes.

Also the knee needs to be slowed down, not everything just buffed to equal it. Lmao.
What would you say to the argument that slower knees would be too hard to use to intercept TDs? Some players wise the knees were slightly faster, because of that.

I'm quite neutral about it.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What would you say to the argument that slower knees would be too hard to use to intercept TDs? Some players wise the knees were slightly faster, because of that.

I'm quite neutral about it.
Use an uppercut? I never use the knee to intercept TD, too risky cause against any good grappler they are usually just gonna catch it and take you down anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #36
Rookie

Here is how the knee should work

It should be fast enough to use reactively against the takedown (which would force people to set up their takedowns)

However the knee should do little to no damage on an opponent who is moving backwards unless the person using the knee is lunging forwards as well (making the knee slower and easier to react to)

On an opponent that is standing still the knee should do less damage than a hook. Unless the person throwing the knee lunges forwards while throwing it.

And for whoever said you should use the uppercut to counter takedowns you should watch a recent Martial Mind video where he tried to counter a guy spamming the take down when he was rocked and only managed the counter on something like the 10th time because it wouldn’t come out because it was too slow.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeanisbae
Here is how the knee should work

It should be fast enough to use reactively against the takedown (which would force people to set up their takedowns)

However the knee should do little to no damage on an opponent who is moving backwards unless the person using the knee is lunging forwards as well (making the knee slower and easier to react to)

On an opponent that is standing still the knee should do less damage than a hook. Unless the person throwing the knee lunges forwards while throwing it.

And for whoever said you should use the uppercut to counter takedowns you should watch a recent Martial Mind video where he tried to counter a guy spamming the take down when he was rocked and only managed the counter on something like the 10th time because it wouldn’t come out because it was too slow.
Good points on how knee works, other thing is knee should be fast to throw only the first, the second knee should be slower because it’s impossible to throw 2 consecutive strong knees without clinch, it’s a physical thing, same rule to knee and elbow, in real life if you throw a combo like this u need to get your balance back.
-
If they make a fluid clinch for ea ufc 4 they will solve this problem fast

Last edited by bmlimo; 04-25-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Good points on how knee works, other thing is knee should be fast to throw only the first, the second knee should be slower because it’s impossible to throw 2 consecutive strong knees without clinch, it’s a physical thing, same rule to knee and elbow, in real life if you throw a combo like this u need to get your balance back.
-
If they make a fluid clinch for ea ufc 4 they will solve this problem fast
I think the knee after the first knee is already slow because it’s not a combo. And elbow knee spam with Jon Jones is actually overpowered. They need to fix that for real... I agree with the balance thing I think a good jab should interrupt a knee consistently especially when one leg is up. At least make the opponent stagger back.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:09 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeanisbae
I think the knee after the first knee is already slow because it’s not a combo. And elbow knee spam with Jon Jones is actually overpowered. They need to fix that for real... I agree with the balance thing I think a good jab should interrupt a knee consistently especially when one leg is up. At least make the opponent stagger back.
No because when the feet come back to the ground u already can throw other with the same power the right thing shoul be at least change base like when you throw the knee with some fighter
Old 04-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
No because when the feet come back to the ground u already can throw other with the same power the right thing shoul be at least change base like when you throw the knee with some fighter
I don’t really understand what you mean

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »