Home

Offline Fans only

This is a discussion on Offline Fans only within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

OVR: 0
Offline Fans only

Here we go again sounds like us offline guys are going to get screwed again. The thing is though that i think a lot of offline guys talk about not buying the game this year but then it comes out and you all run out and buy the damn game. I used to be a guy who bought the game as soon as it came out too, but that was back when they actually added features worth buying. Now i'm not talking to the guys who love the online features and get all the new features, this goes out to all of the offline players who are pissed off every year and now chance the rapper and drake are the final straw! I challenge all of us offline fans to NOT BUY THE GAME UNTIL AT LEAST BLACK FRIDAY!!!! by then it will be cheaper and hopefully we will send a message to the EA NHL team, with a noticeable drop in sales, that offline is important too or we will realize that we are such small percentage of sales and that's why EA NHL doesn't want to waste their time and money trying to make us happy. Hopefully we are a decent percentage in sales and this shows EA that we are not going to keep buying their crap year after year. But of course there are a lot of talkers out there and this would only work if enough of us do it, the more people that accept this challenge the stronger our message. However the offline guys that do buy it at full price need to stop complaining if they aren't prepared to support this movement than you have no reason to complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Offline Fans only

ohhh! I.. be getting NHL 20 regardless, NHL 20 is probably one of best offline games of its time, I had one guy say it's hidden gem, yes u are right, we'll start off angry and then when we get into we get instantly addicted to it, all dat anger just fades away, we start havin' so much fun!

don't judge book by its cover is classic remark

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-19-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #3
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

sorry Supergoalie but i love nhl games and have been playing them since the commodore 64 but this is all paint on a pig and its guys like you who love offline who keep throwing money at EA no matter what weak *** features they throw at us. Where's the features we have been asking for Custom music? Roster Sharing? smarter AI by your computer Team mates? Etc. Lets fix the actual game first then paint it. You don't paint the car before you do the body work. I'm not telling you to hold out from buying the game cause im sure you gave them your money already for NHL20, and that's ok cause you don't seem to complain about the game either, this challenge is for the offline gamers who aren't happy with a painted pig
Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

ohhh! don't judge a book by its cover, in the end it'll work out, they say NHL 20-23 is best years of NHL series, if my according calcations St' Louis Blues win another Stanley Cup, so does the golden knights eventually.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-19-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

Game Informer just released an article saying they added 400 goalie animations, a coaching carousel, line chemistry + a trade finder. Seems like quite a bit for franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #6
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

I'm not trying to attack you i'm just saying look how we have gotten to the point where they throw some weak new features at us and we instantly forget about NHL19. Last year they added the whole deeper scouting feature , how did that turn out? How many coaches you going to fire in a season? Goalies now will look better when they let in the weak goals? line chemistry means that now that they gel with their teammates they will go where they should be on the ice ? maybe not go offside so much? I want to be able to play rosters from other people. If you never have modified the roster to make it more realistic then you have no idea what you are missing...trust me it makes the game 100% better. I want to hear the music you hear in the real arenas, the music they have now doesn't even sound like im at a sporting event. I want my goalie and computer teammates to play more like nhl players and less like shinny hockey players. This thread was not for the guys who love this game unconditionally this thread is for the people who want a game that plays and feels better not just looks better and it doesn't work to throw features that are as very small fraction of what real hockey is all about. But hey maybe next year we can get the exact same game again but this time you can relocate your team to a new city WOW!!!! i got to buy that one cause you can relocate your team.

Last edited by babaracus88; 06-19-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
MVP

Re: Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88
Here we go again sounds like us offline guys are going to get screwed again. The thing is though that i think a lot of offline guys talk about not buying the game this year but then it comes out and you all run out and buy the damn game. I used to be a guy who bought the game as soon as it came out too, but that was back when they actually added features worth buying. Now i'm not talking to the guys who love the online features and get all the new features, this goes out to all of the offline players who are pissed off every year and now chance the rapper and drake are the final straw! I challenge all of us offline fans to NOT BUY THE GAME UNTIL AT LEAST BLACK FRIDAY!!!! by then it will be cheaper and hopefully we will send a message to the EA NHL team, with a noticeable drop in sales, that offline is important too or we will realize that we are such small percentage of sales and that's why EA NHL doesn't want to waste their time and money trying to make us happy. Hopefully we are a decent percentage in sales and this shows EA that we are not going to keep buying their crap year after year. But of course there are a lot of talkers out there and this would only work if enough of us do it, the more people that accept this challenge the stronger our message. However the offline guys that do buy it at full price need to stop complaining if they aren't prepared to support this movement than you have no reason to complain.
I will do like you said. Will not buy this game till it is on deep discount. Also helps me nothing, cause a good roster update will not be before next April. As I noticed that Roster sharing will not come, as a Franchise only player I stay with my some hundred created players with 19.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Game Informer just released an article saying they added 400 goalie animations, a coaching carousel, line chemistry + a trade finder. Seems like quite a bit for franchise mode.
Sure, a bit but far from that what Franchise player wants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »