Home

NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:19 PM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

I didn't play NHL 19 much.. but as I said in the other thread.. I'm a bit excited for these additions.

Quote:
Speed and Shooting Fueled by RPM Tech
NHL® 20 introduces the next major innovation in RPM Tech-powered gameplay with Superstar Signature Shots. Your favorite NHL stars now look and feel truly authentic with the trademark shooting-styles you recognize from the real world. Additionally, over 45 new contextual shot animations make shooting more lifelike as players use new tools to get the puck on net.

RPM Tech also ignites more speed to gameplay through revamped animation blending that allows players to execute shots, passes, and puck pickups without slowing a skater’s pace; creating faster, more skilled and more fluid plays up and down the ice.

Finally, new goaltender A.I. includes full offensive threat analysis, allowing goalies to read the positioning and threat level of every attack before actively controlling rebounds and redirecting pucks away from danger.
Quote:
A New Generation of Hockey Broadcasting
A revamped broadcast package delivers fresh new play-by-play and color commentary to NHL 20, paired with overhauled scoreboards, overlays and motion graphics; all built to put you at the center of the game’s biggest moments. See your most memorable plays come to life in new Play Of The Game highlights designed to put your best skills on a pedestal for your teammates and your opponents.
Quote:
The Coaching Carousel Comes To NHL
NHL general managers have legendarily itchy trigger fingers when it comes to canning coaches. Hell, after a slow start this year the Blues fired Mike Yeo and went on to win the Stanley Cup, so who can argue with the results? This dynamic comes to franchise mode for the first time with the introduction of coach carousels. As a GM, you control the fate of eight different coaches in your organization – four in the NHL and four in the AHL. Sadly, none of them are licensed, so don’t expect to see red-faced Bruce Boudreau screaming at players or the Q Stache patrolling the Panthers bench. Instead, EA created 300 different fictitious coaches, all with unique attributes, specialties, and schemes. The coaches affect the morale and performance of your players, and you can have conversations with them over the course of the season to promise or deny them that coveted upgrade they seek for the roster. Like with the scouting system last year (which returns), former players can transition into coaching over time.
Quote:
A New Line Chemistry System
After years of experimenting with line chemistry in the early aughts, a while back EA pulled the feature altogether. This year it returns with the inclusion of coaches. In NHL 20, every line is rated on how well it fits your coach’s scheme. Have too many poor fits? Perhaps it’s time to exercise that trigger finger and fire the coach rather than make a flurry of trades.
Quote:
NHL 20 Finally Adds A Trade Finder!
If you do decide to trade some players with low chemistry, you’ve got an exciting new tool in NHL 20 that we’ve been requesting for years. Taking another page out of NBA 2K (do you sense the trend here? It’s a good one), NHL 20 features a trade finder. Instead of fighting repeatedly with finicky general managers, now you can put players on the trade block and immediately see a selection of counterproposals. You can accept, decline, or modify these trades right from the menu, which should help lower the friction to midseason roster improvement.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:31 PM   #10
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I didn't play NHL 19 much.. but as I said in the other thread.. I'm a bit excited for these additions.
I'm just frustrated, because for the most part none of that means very much.

* New shot animations isn't going to impress me in 2019. Unless they make players truly unique by feel, then it is just eye candy that's not going to make a true difference by the 20th game you've played.

* Broadcasting is always a welcome change, but it will be stale next year, and we'll be repeating the same lines 20 games in again.

* Coaching carousel is a nice touch to depth of Franchise mode, but I'm not going to get excited until we see it in action, especially with no licensed coaches. It needs to be a toggle-able feature in case it's a disaster and ruins Franchise mode.

* New Line Chemistry - 2005 called, and it wants it's features back. Come on, how many times can they reintroduce this. It's not a new feature, it's just one they're adding back after a stupidly long absence for no real reason. I mean seriously, did they just find the code in the game and switch it back on? I'm not going to praise them for this.

* Trade finder - Again a nice feature, but only if it works.

There are far too many major areas that everyone wanted addressed that aren't even mentioned here. Things like Board Play, GM Connected, Player Differential, FrostBite, the Simulation Engine, etc. are requests that have been incredible popular requests that haven't been addressed in years now.

It just pisses me off that they can announce how popular HUT and CHEL are compared to other modes. I mean, I'd drive a working car over one with 2 flat tires and a dead battery, but that doesn't mean the working car is a marvel of engineering.

I just feel like the bar is pathetically low, and this is the crap that come at us with after adding people to the team to "bring it up to speed." If this is up to speed, I'm out.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:50 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

I don’t think there’s any hope left unless 2K or someone gets in the mix and creates some competition.

This is exactly as one would expect with a company being unchallenged year after year.

I’ve seen dairy cows get milked less than the NHL series is doing to its fan base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 02:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

All fluff again, no A.I. update, no frostbite, no my player, prob no roster sharing, no changes to eashl

Instead we get cheesy *** eliminator mode and some other bull****
Old 06-20-2019, 04:40 AM   #13
Banned

“So we've developed our own broadcast package where we have a lot more creative latitude. We're able to speak to new audiences and tailor this presentation to this new generation of YouTubers, streamers, and influencers who want something that is punchier, something that really speaks to their audiences.”

Anybody excited about this? Lol
I'm seriously depressed.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #14
Rookie

I picked up NHL 19 during Sony's E3 sale, and even at ten bucks, I think I got overcharged.
*NHL 20 is not just a hard pass:* it is "I break with thee, and I am done with this series, until Rammer is ousted."
Old 06-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #15
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

Everyone complaining needs to cry me a F****** river.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #16
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

I am just going to have to come to the realization that I will never see customization for this game. This franchise is in for a rude awakening....

Last edited by PhillsPhan26; 06-20-2019 at 10:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »