Home

Random...NBA 2K19 Sales

This is a discussion on Random...NBA 2K19 Sales within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #81
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Random...NBA 2K19 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBlade98
Could you show where I was against the Micros Wave?

If you actually read what I said, it was the exact opposite. There's more money to earn through micros than $60 and my suggestion would be vastly better than what they're doing now. With us paying for micros not only improves the game via patches and other drops but also has us pay for better servers. I'd guarantee you the entire community would pay more for VC just for that alone. 2k thinks they're getting more from just the sales of the game but if that was the case, they wouldn't need VC micro system at all, and the fact they haven't removed it and it's become a higher importance on the game itself suggests they get vastly more $$$ from VC than they do with the game being priced $60.

Either 2k drops the game price to justify the VC or they'll get slapped by the the loot box ban that's going into effect soon which would cripple their money gain further. It's just how it is.
1. VC isn't a loot box, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Especially when that crackdown relates to gambling. All microtransactions do not equate to loot box.
2. If your scenario were true, 2K dropping the price would have nothing to do with whether or not they get hit with a loot box ban.

Like what are we even talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
$50 is not a lot of money to me. It’s the principle of it that’s ridiculous. 2K has come dangerously close to a free to play model, despite being a full price title. If people want to pay additional money to boost their character, that’s fine I guess. The problem occurs when these companies make it intentionally difficult and time consuming to advance in the game.

Like the other guy in this thread said, we can shut up and just let 2K take motenization further and further....or we can speak up and at least try to improve the game. If we didn’t speak up you guys would still be paying for haircuts and being forced to watch the cutscenes which are glorified ads.
But it’s not the case. I play offline only and have no need to purchase VC, so it is not necessary to “advance in the game.”

If it ever is necessary it’s if you want to compete online.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #83
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But it’s not the case. I play offline only and have no need to purchase VC, so it is not necessary to “advance in the game.”

If it ever is necessary it’s if you want to compete online.
i think the wider point is that getting VC when playing offline is still made longer, more dull, because of the fact it is purchasable.

as someone who doesn't buy VC, it is boring having to sit through mycareer cutscenes wasting my time to get my player to an OVR where i can have fun with him in MyCareer, let alone park or rec centre.

hopefully this is addressed in 2k20 but i doubt it.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
i think the wider point is that getting VC when playing offline is still made longer, more dull, because of the fact it is purchasable.

as someone who doesn't buy VC, it is boring having to sit through mycareer cutscenes wasting my time to get my player to an OVR where i can have fun with him in MyCareer, let alone park or rec centre.

hopefully this is addressed in 2k20 but i doubt it.
My bigger beef with myCareer is that due to competitive balance for online play we are locked in to archetypes.

To your point, I do understand that and in some cases agree (see: every scene from 2k18 involving your “goofy” friend) but there are some people who enjoy that immersion factor or the feeling of starting as a unknown and improving. Both positions are valid I think.

Some things from past versions were ridiculous, like needing to save one months salary just to be able to afford an armband, but I do think it’s at an acceptable level now
Old 08-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #85
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
My bigger beef with myCareer is that due to competitive balance for online play we are locked in to archetypes.

To your point, I do understand that and in some cases agree (see: every scene from 2k18 involving your “goofy” friend) but there are some people who enjoy that immersion factor or the feeling of starting as a unknown and improving. Both positions are valid I think.

Some things from past versions were ridiculous, like needing to save one months salary just to be able to afford an armband, but I do think it’s at an acceptable level now
ya its always been about the balance.

like i don't want to come into the game at a 90 ovr.. but i deffo don't wanna be 60 and have to play half a season just to get my guy fast enough to be worthy of being on the court.

to me, and i'm hoping this has been addressed - i don't feel like i should have to spend time/money to get my player feeling like an NBA prospect.

if i have a 6'2 guard but he comes into the league with 60 speed... its not likely that the story or the gameplay can really accommodate that deficiency.

i get by with the handful of free VC from pre-ordering and playing other modes, but the first few weeks of the game are painful trying to have a player worth sitting through those cutscenes for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
ya its always been about the balance.

like i don't want to come into the game at a 90 ovr.. but i deffo don't wanna be 60 and have to play half a season just to get my guy fast enough to be worthy of being on the court.

to me, and i'm hoping this has been addressed - i don't feel like i should have to spend time/money to get my player feeling like an NBA prospect.

if i have a 6'2 guard but he comes into the league with 60 speed... its not likely that the story or the gameplay can really accommodate that deficiency.

i get by with the handful of free VC from pre-ordering and playing other modes, but the first few weeks of the game are painful trying to have a player worth sitting through those cutscenes for.
I agree. It becomes even worse when the story elements don’t match that.

Remember the year you were drafted as the next big thing (prez lol) and came into the league at like a 62 overall?
Old 08-20-2019, 05:35 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I play offline plenty and never use VC while earning it at the same time

Guys don't like I don't buy it, simple as that

I'm not going to keep on with y'all became we obviously they're doing something people like because they're still growing

Keep being the old dude yelling at the clouds

Y'all seem bored as heck
What do you mean you never use VC even when earning it? You need VC to buy for upgrades so that's a incorrect statement. You mean you never pay for VC, maybe you don't but again that has nothing to do with what I was saying on that quote. MyCareer whether you want to accept the facts or not is tied to servers and online features. That means your save in 2 years will be corrupted and you'll need to start over again should you ever want to. My suggestion would actually be vastly better to what they're doing now.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
1. VC isn't a loot box, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Especially when that crackdown relates to gambling. All microtransactions do not equate to loot box.
2. If your scenario were true, 2K dropping the price would have nothing to do with whether or not they get hit with a loot box ban.

Like what are we even talking about?
1. Sure all micros do not equate to lootboxes BUT MyTeam Packs surely are. VC can be seen as a method to force users to pay to upgrade their character seeing how it takes 600 hours to grind to 99 in 19, not counting the the mypoints cap breaker in 19 being a huge thing. The fact it exists as a method for us to level up our player can be viewed by others as gambling = aka pay to win. Again it's not my view that matters, or yours or 2k's. It's what the people passing these laws seeings these mechanics are.

2. If the game was 19.99 or free to play while us paying for VC to keep the servers afloat, supporting them to improve the game with patches and new features like how Fornite and the others have been doing, then they may actually get away with the ban.
Again the ban for gambling means you need to pay to win or get an advantage. Which essentially is what gambling is, you drop money down and you hope to win big by doing something else.

While I don't particularly agree with their viewpoint of it being gambling I do believe it's a problem worth discussing though.
Honestly, if this thing wasn't a huge deal Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo wouldn't agree to create features to limit how much "Micros" we can buy daily, which includes VC for 2k. And 2k wouldn't bother showing the raw statistics of how many people buy VC or MyTeam Packs either that they agreed to last week. These micros and lootboxes are blowing up everywhere and now the law passers are getting involved it's not pretty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »