Home

Quick Question?

This is a discussion on Quick Question? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Quick Question?

I maybe in the minority here but why release a game a month before season starts when there is no updated Rosters and Gameplay is broken and needs a BIG time patch that takes a month anyways?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Quick Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
I maybe in the minority here but why release a game a month before season starts when there is no updated Rosters and Gameplay is broken and needs a BIG time patch that takes a month anyways?
To have sales. The quicker you get money, the more it is worth.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

It’s bs. You pay 60 bucks for a game that isn’t complete. The past 5 years I waited until December to buy madden but this year I bought it the day it came out. I thought it would be different this year. Can we get a gameplay update so I can start my franchise already lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
The rosters have been updated at least twice since launch, and the game is objectively speaking not broken.

It does have bugs at the same order of magnitude as other typical AAA video games at launch, but that's the way the entire industry works anymore.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

The FIFA folk will say:

Why do they take so long to release the game when every other game is released a month before their seasons start, and Fifa arrives a month AFTER the seasons begin, and then the rosters aren't up to date and game play is bugged.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank God we can have at least 50+ threads where people rant over the same bunch of things over and over (and over) again. Imagine how boring it would be if we only had one (or two).

Jesus Christ. I can't remember a Madden game that was this good right out of the box. Last year was a good game too but it took patch 1.16 or 1.17 until I could start a franchise mode. This year I would have started this weekend if I had the time.

The game is out two weeks for crying out loud. Last year the CPU RBs couldn't gain a yard against HUM opponent at this point. Imagine that.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 08-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #7
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Settle down Executor im just asking a question-
And yes the game for the most part does play better out of the box than last year no doubt, but you bring up my very point. You said it took til patch 16 or 17 last yr to make it playable (so say roughly Novemberish) as a customer who spends money on this in beginning of August its pretty unacceptable to not be able to play a game cause its bugged to death for 3 months and than they have another year to fix it only to be bugged again the following year with most of the same issues.
I personally would rather them do a every 2yr cycle and come out with a solid update every month or so and roster updates at the start of the next year than have all these other issues-
Anyways just looking for peoples opinion, not trying to start a bitch war!

Last edited by Lisac; 08-19-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Settle down Executor im just asking a question-
And yes the game for the most part does play better out of the box than last year no doubt, but you bring up my very point. You said it took til patch 16 or 17 last yr to make it playable (so say roughly Novemberish) as a customer who spends money on this in beginning of August its pretty unacceptable to not be able to play a game cause its bugged to death for 3 months and than they have another year to fix it only to be bugged again the following year with most of the same issues.
I personally would rather them do a every 2yr cycle and come out with a solid update every month or so and roster updates at the start of the next year than have all these other issues-
Anyways just looking for peoples opinion, not teying to start a bitch war!
It was nothing personal. Sorry if it came out that way. I could have posted this in any other similar thread ("kick meter glitch", "fumbles are out of control", "wind is broken", etc., etc.)... But as CM pointed out you probably can't expect a game this complex to come out bug free upon release. Not during this time and age. But aside from couple of annoying bugs and with some fine tuning we hopefully get in the coming patch, or next, this game is as play-now ready as it gets, in my opinion.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »