Home

Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Bug Thread/Known Issues

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Bug Thread/Known Issues within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #121
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Bug Thread/Known Issues

Console: PS4
Mode: Dynasty
College Rule set

1. Controller disconnected mid-game and caused me to control both teams.

2. Pausing and resuming immediately after the playcall screen causes defense to try to run offsides and QB to walk offsides as well. Worse if pause and resume are hit a few times in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #122
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kst8no1
Definitely have 15 min quarters as I used that dynasty file to get in game achievements as well.
Did you ever figure this out?

Last few I need and I’ve got multiple commits just not achievement lol

I imagine it’s glitched right now. Xbox and PS4 is showing it’s unlocked by 0.00% of people lol

Last edited by CcAaRrSsOoNn3; 10-02-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #123
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Trying to customize the pro teams for play now games. Everytime I start editing a helmet the game crashes.. Please help this is driving me insane. Also, I am backing out to menu after editing each uniform
Old 10-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
Did you ever figure this out?

Last few I need and I’ve got multiple commits just not achievement lol

I imagine it’s glitched right now. Xbox and PS4 is showing it’s unlocked by 0.00% of people lol
Still not working for me. Committed 3 5* last night and still no achievement. Def 15min quarters as I played a 1 v. 3 matchup early in season.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #125
Maximum Football Team

Below is the list of items that will be addressed as part of our first content update.

I'm expecting the PS4 update to be released tomorrow evening. The XBox update - due to the submission process- may not be available until Monday. That extra time on the XBox is out of our hands. Sorry about that.

If you have reported an issue, and it's not on the list below, we do have the report, but some issues require more time to address and I don't want to hold up other critical fixes.

Thank you for your continued support.
David

XBox Build 3.0.50 - PS4 1.02
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the logo selector to pop up under the platform keyboard.
  • Fixed a memory leak in customization mode that would cause a crash.
  • Improved the reaction time for DB's. DB reaction time is based on the player's Intelligence rating.
  • A field goal or PAT attempt that goes between the uprights after hitting one of the uprights, now properly records the score.
  • Adjusted the lead blocking once the ball carrier has crossed the LoS so that a blocker will not bypass the closet defender going down field.
  • Added Overall to Red shirt list.
  • Corrected column help for Red shirt list.
  • A player tasked to field a kick will no longer jog towards the ball target if he should just let the kick bounce out through end zone.
  • Added additional error handling to the coin toss routine.
  • Updated player position display (on depth charts, player cards, etc...) to display position terminology based on the selected rule set. SB(12 man) == TE(11 man).
  • Fixed a bug with Canadian Dynasty Mode not loading the default bowl game logo properly.
  • Fixed a US College Field Goal Rule issue that would always place the the ball on the 25 yard line regardless of where it was kicked from.
  • Improved performance opening/closing the logo selector.
  • Fixed an issue with Roughing The Passer being called too often.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent the QB from snapping the ball if you called a time out after putting players in motion.
  • Fixed an issue with fumbles that would occur on specific plays if they were flipped in execution direction.
  • Corrected an issue that would prevent you from exiting customize if you cancelled out of editing a specific player.
  • Updated the stock logo collection.
  • Fixed an issue on XBox that would save an older version of a 130 team dynasty file on top of a newer version (resulting in undoing edits)
  • Corrected an issue that would prevent overtime games in US College mode from progressing to the next turn if the first team with possession scored.
  • Fixed an issue that would reset the second half kickoff team if a team ran a kickoff play to end the first half.
A few additional notes;

I've made a few adjustments to DB and WR play. The goal is to shut down the cheese deep passing. It's still possible to get assignment mismatches, putting a LB on a WR will get you burned. But hopefully this stops that problem.

I also hope that it doesn't completely shut down the passing game. I understand that a lot of people like defense, but a lot of people also like to be able to throw down field. It may take a few tries to find that balance.

Along with the DB and WR end, I've toned down the defensive line rush a bit in an effort to get QB's a little bit more time in the pocket. Like coverages, defensive pressure is something that needs to be balanced out.

Last edited by CanuckPlay; 10-03-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #126
Rookie

adepew's Arena

Here are some bugs/issues that have been bothering me:

System: Xbox One S

1. Overall rating is tied to all of the rating fields and is not positional. For instance if I max out every slot except arm strength/accuracy and kicking strength/accuracy for a RB he only maxes out at roughly a 90 OVR. Passing/Kicking shouldn't have any effect on OVR for a RB.

2. Also in regards to ratings, you can max at 100 when editing a player but when you save and return it defaults back to 99.

3. I'm not sure how/why it happened but when using the logo editor all of my shapes had a black border. I deleted all the shapes and re-added them but it was still there. I had to start a brand new logo for the outline to go away.

4. There needs to be music when using the in-game menus and features. Ex: When editing a logo, rosters, teams, etc. The marching band music plays on the main menu but stops whenever you go into another mode. Even if the music has to re-start or something. It's just dead air right now.

5. I agree that there needs to be a way to change the default controls. The muscle memory that most of us have from Madden/NCAA 14 is very strong. It's awful trying to figure out another control scheme.

6. Simulation speed is VERY SLOW. Painstakingly slow. When waiting for a week to simulate in US College mode it takes roughly 5 minutes per week. If someone (me ) wants to play it as a sim this takes away almost all of the fun.

7. In regards to in-game experience the hand-off motion is terrible. The running back is always starting from a dead stop. I've watched old game play from Maximum Football 18 & Canadian Football 17 and it actually looked pretty fluid in comparison to MF19.

8. RB Stiff arm would be a great addition.

9. Kicking is also terrible. Adding an in-game power meter would be ideal.

10. Top 25 or Complete Ranking view in Dynasty Mode.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm ranting. I absolutely love that there is another alternative to Madden/NCAA 14 out. I see a lot of potential in the game and thank you for all of your hard work to get us this product. Thank you for including all of us and I look forward to the future!
Old 10-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #127
Rookie

This might be asking for too much, but could we get a Top 25 Rankings of the teams somehow? I find myself scrambling all over the place just to see what team rankings are, thanks!!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #128
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha518
This might be asking for too much, but could we get a Top 25 Rankings of the teams somehow? I find myself scrambling all over the place just to see what team rankings are, thanks!!
I could be wrong but isn't that already in the game? In my dynasty my created Maine team has a #15 next to it and as the other teams scroll across the bottom of my screen several of them are numbered as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »