Home

Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related]

This is a discussion on Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #601
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Game is stuttering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I'll have time tomorrow.

Do it thru the share/broadcast button? I'm a n00b at recording.
I'm such a noob with it too but I also never put effort into trying to upload videos.

Hopefully I'll have time to give it a try in the next few days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #602
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I want you to also mind the fact that the videos you record doesn't really grasp what your eyes see and feel, it's hard for me to explain in technical terms but what i'm trying to say is recorded video doesn't 'fully justice' THE HELL BIG FPS DROPPINGS AND STUTTER that NBA 2K20 does on PS4 Pro.

It's important with what you record,too...

Much appreciated Chase.

------------

I also have these tweet series i've done b4 if you want to support, you can support etc. or if you start any other thing i'd support as you wish with a new hash etc.

https://twitter.com/tsbtnba2k/status...86952239992832
I know this to be true because I remember capturing the video for the 2K IGN review a few years back and it never looks as bad in the recording as it does when you're playing it out.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #603
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey All,

Came across this thread since I thought I was the only one having issues. My PS4 Pro is the latest CUH-7200 model and TV is LG C7 model. Not sure how many steps you all took but so far this is my issue and what I have done and might do

Problems
- 2K Camera creates stuttering or not smooth operation. Players run out of bounds or backcourt many times and can't time anything due to latency or lag.
- Issue is with MyTeam Offline and even in Quick play I noticed the same issue.
- Noticed PS4 Pro would get loud during gameplay and would even rattle a little. PS4 is in an open space.

Temp Solution
- Changed camera to High and in some cases it improved game play to run a bit smoother. But results are inconstant as sometimes it would run somewhat smooth and other times choppy.
- Removed HDR display from PS4 also helped a little although my TV is an LG C7 and supports HDR Gaming quite well.

Next Solution to Try
- Going to replace the HDD with an SDD. Since the fan noise was loud and noticed a bit of clicking, maybe its a hardware problem. Plus I heard the SDD was a big upgrade to the standard PS4 Pro HDD

Not sure if you guys tried these steps or if you use an SDD. But hopefully we find some sort of solution.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #604
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWade4Life
Hey All,

Came across this thread since I thought I was the only one having issues. My PS4 Pro is the latest CUH-7200 model and TV is LG C7 model. Not sure how many steps you all took but so far this is my issue and what I have done and might do

Problems
- 2K Camera creates stuttering or not smooth operation. Players run out of bounds or backcourt many times and can't time anything due to latency or lag.
- Noticed PS4 Pro would get loud during gameplay and would even rattle a little. PS4 is in an open space.

Temp Solution
- Changed camera to High and in some cases it improved game play to run a bit smoother. But results are inconstant as sometimes it would run somewhat smooth and other times choppy.
- Removed HDR display from PS4 also helped a little although my TV is an LG C7 and supports HDR Gaming quite well.

Next Solution to Try
- Going to replace the HDD with an SDD. Since the fan noise was loud and noticed a bit of clicking, maybe its a hardware problem. Plus I heard the SDD was a big upgrade to the standard PS4 Pro HDD

Not sure if you guys tried these steps or if you use an SDD. But hopefully we find some sort of solution.
"We" are not the ones who are going to find the solution to the stuttering. That's on 2k. All my other games work fine and I've never had this problem with a game on my pro before. As i posted before the game starts stuttering when the shot clock reaches 6 seconds.
If they won't acknowledge the problem and are not able to fix it just give us a refund. Plane and simple.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #605
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
At the very least it'd be nice if they acknowledged the existence of the problem.

My guess is that they won't acknowledge the problem until they can fix it. They probably have no clue how to fix it now but rather than just come out and say it, they will just claim it's on the user's end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #606
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Hey All,

Problems

Temp Solution

Next Solution to Try

I have the 7200 Pro as well and I am running the game off an external HDD but a normal one. Not SSD. It might be 7200 rpm. Can’t remember. Never thought of the actual drive possibly being the problem. I have no issues with stuttering. I also have HDR off (my TV is low end and doesn’t do it well) and use Nosebleeds.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #607
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I know this to be true because I remember capturing the video for the 2K IGN review a few years back and it never looks as bad in the recording as it does when you're playing it out.
Yeap exactly!

It's actually 100x worse the one you see with your own eyes and feel than whatever you see on recorded one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
My guess is that they won't acknowledge the problem until they can fix it. They probably have no clue how to fix it now but rather than just come out and say it, they will just claim it's on the user's end.
That i'm afraid of too. For that reason i asked in one of my previous posts that is NBA2K20 an AAA title or not? Because the way they deal with these problems(BIG PROBLEMS) seem like they are nowhere near an AAA title.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #608
Just started!

Quote:
Hey All,

Problems

Temp Solution

Next Solution to Try

Hey all, here is an update after installing a new SSD. Mind you, my conditions before with the stock HDD was

- Had PS4 Pro for 2 years. Its the CUH-7300 model
- Fan would get loud when playing NBA 2K20 in gameplay
- Slight clicking if you put your ear close enough to the PS4 Pro during operation
- No high fan noise on other apps
- Stuttering and not smooth gameplay during offline on 2k Camera. Had to use High camera to offset some of the stuttering

I installed the internal SSD and ran the game. Guys, it helped a lot. Following happened

- Fan would get loud but not that loud in comparison
- Game loading much quicker (as expected)
- Gameplay was smooth and quick to response (much less latency). No more lagging on defense and delayed jumping for rebounds
- Still noticed High camera was a little smoother than 2K, but not by much
- Triple threat online which uses 2K camera was SMOOOOTH. Haven't played a smooth game like that this year where my times shots were perfect.

Hope this all helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »