Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #2569
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbaja22
Still a good pick up regardless . Interested to hear how he does

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Well Mercado got the call after I lost Longoria to a broken leg. In his big league debut Mercado batted leadoff, started in LF, was 3-4 with a double and was caught stealing twice. I can see him becoming a Super U guy for this team especially in 2020.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #2570
MVP

Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
Well Mercado got the call after I lost Longoria to a broken leg. In his big league debut Mercado batted leadoff, started in LF, was 3-4 with a double and was caught stealing twice. I can see him becoming a Super U guy for this team especially in 2020.

Ouch that sucks , u gonna bring anyone else in ? Ur still in that wild card race right ? Is Mercado gonna be able to step up and contribute , and 3-4 in a debut isn't bad at all . Good start

Old 12-06-2019, 01:54 PM   #2571
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Ouch that sucks , u gonna bring anyone else in ? Ur still in that wild card race right ? Is Mercado gonna be able to step up and contribute , and 3-4 in a debut isn't bad at all . Good start

Longo hasn't done much so I'm not really going to miss him as Pablo Sandoval has been solid and will play 3rd. I'm getting back Eduardo Nunez and Brandon Belt before July 31st both are having good season's and that will be like picking up two good bats to add to a team that has won 5 of 6 and sits at 52-49 just 5.5 gb of the wild card.
I made the move for Toussaint and giving up Will Smith hurt as he was an All Star with 30 saves and the second best closer in the NL ( Jansen has been insane for LA). But I have faith my bullpen can pick up the slack as Reyes Moranta has progressed to an 89ovr with a 98H/9 and 97K/9 and will assume the closer role. I have had very nice contributions from some rookie bullpen arms and have a few other vets having solid years. Touki came on in relief in his first Giant's appearance and struck out the side. So this team is rolling right now and getting healthy.
The Pirates have made Adam Frazier available at a reasonable cost and he is having an outstanding season .309 15hrs and 15sb while progressing up to 89 contact vs lhp and I may go after him as he would cost me an A prospect and a B guy. I do have 4 top 50 ranked prospects and a nice incoming draft class.
I'm very interested in Brian Anderson of MIA who leads the NL in WAR but he will cost me two top prospects and a B guy. I have my sights set on 2021 for my best prospects to arrive and may not want to trade that away. But Anderson is a 25 year old franchise changing piece. Anyway it's July 23rd and I will need to decide very soon.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #2572
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Mercado is just an experiment right now. Probably will send him down when Belt comes back. He will have a shot at CF in 2020 but I really expect him to be a fourth OF then.
How is the Zobrist signing working out?

Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #2573
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Honestly I have designs on picking up Mondesi in the off-season and converting him to CF where his speed will play well. I have SS and 2B locked up for a couple years. KC is just 3gb in the AL wild card so I'm not going to screw that up mid-season.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #2574
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
Mercado is just an experiment right now. Probably will send him down when Belt comes back. He will have a shot at CF in 2020 but I really expect him to be a fourth OF then.
How is the Zobrist signing working out?

Toussaint is a great pick up , what's his rating with the roster ur using ? Adam Frazier and Brian Anderson are both great players and honestly I'm not sure who I would prefer if it were me . If I had to pick I would probably take Brain Anderson . Also wanted to ask how is Dereck Rodriguez doing for u ? And so far so good , Big Ben has proved to be a solid addition so far . He has played in 10 games and has a average of around 330. OBP of over 400. Slugging over 500 and has hit 2 homers with 6 rbis in these 10 games . Not bad at all . And just like u we are rolling right now , I've won 5 out of 6 and my entire team is just on fire right now . From pitching to hitting we are killing it , Knebel and Leclerc have been amazing . Great trades that have really worked out so far . Still early but we are definitely on the right track and showing great promise for our 2nd season

Old 12-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #2575
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Toussaint is a great pick up , what's his rating with the roster ur using ? Adam Frazier and Brian Anderson are both great players and honestly I'm not sure who I would prefer if it were me . If I had to pick I would probably take Brain Anderson . Also wanted to ask how is Dereck Rodriguez doing for u ? And so far so good , Big Ben has proved to be a solid addition so far . He has played in 10 games and has a average of around 330. OBP of over 400. Slugging over 500 and has hit 2 homers with 6 rbis in these 10 games . Not bad at all . And just like u we are rolling right now , I've won 5 out of 6 and my entire team is just on fire right now . From pitching to hitting we are killing it , Knebel and Leclerc have been amazing . Great trades that have really worked out so far . Still early but we are definitely on the right track and showing great promise for our 2nd season

Touki is a 72 right now. Rodriguez is 6-10 with a 4.24 and 88K's in 108ip. His numbers don't tell the whole story as he is passing the eyeball test and pitching really well for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #2576
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Ok I do feel slightly guilty about this but I pulled the trigger to bring Brian Anderson to SF it cost me A-SS Marco Luciano, A-CF Steven Duggar and B - P Connor Menez and Tristan Beck. I added the fourth player by trading Beck for a 45ovr guy then promptly released him. Anderson will take over LF for hopefully years to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »