Home

2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release)

This is a discussion on 2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2020, 10:19 AM   #201
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release)

Ya, I had the AF maxed too at 1st, but it breaks some things and graphical features.

As for the antialiasing. Always use SSAA, whenever possible.

For example 2xSSAA looks much better and natural than 4x or 8x MSAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #202
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1

If I forget to uncheck "Prefetch custom textures" I'll get a " invalid read 0x151c200e, PC = 0x80004cc4" code.

But I use my own PNGs for 2K20. I use some of yours, like the font.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:19 PM   #203
Rookie

devils17's Arena

Finally got to test out the mod and it doesn't run too well. Players are SUPER SLOW. Can't figure out why. Everything is default from the install files, even using the settings and sliders (using own/nike's roster). Using my own textures, but even with the custom textures off, it still runs slow.

Clocked 9% CPU usage at 4.23GHz. 980ti at roughly 50% usage. Here's my test stream as proof = https://www.twitch.tv/videos/541856394

Stinks. I really wanted to play this game and be a part of modding it.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:44 AM   #204
MVP

First. Load the 0.7 sliders. The 2.0 are from the old 0.5 version mod I think.

Second, the game IS slow when one is used to the arcade speeds of regular hockey games. DJNEO tries to simulate the speed things would look in real life. Perhaps it is a little on the slower side though? I have changed speed and acceleration in the sliders from 50 up to something like 55 and I think the game flows a little better and simulates modern quicker NHL better that way.

Third. Can you enable Show FPS so that we see if you hit 60fps all the time?

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 01-26-2020, 06:23 AM   #205
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils17
Finally got to test out the mod and it doesn't run too well. Players are SUPER SLOW. Can't figure out why. Everything is default from the install files, even using the settings and sliders (using own/nike's roster). Using my own textures, but even with the custom textures off, it still runs slow.

Clocked 9% CPU usage at 4.23GHz. 980ti at roughly 50% usage. Here's my test stream as proof = https://www.twitch.tv/videos/541856394

Stinks. I really wanted to play this game and be a part of modding it.
Well it stutters like hell because you are using few of "yours" png's, which is not a format designed for games, but I think the speed is close to how it's intended.

I have watched some of your streams and to be honest I would be shocked if someone who is enjoying the type of "hockey" games like you would have fun with a hockey simulator.

That's not me saying I'm better than you or anything like that, but different people have fun with different things and this whole 2KHS project is obviously not for you, the same as something like NHL Hitz is not something I would enjoy.

If you're are having fun with a game where evething has to be dumped down and compressed to 4 or 5 minutes, I can assure you you will be depressed with a hockey simulator.

And it will be a lot "worse" (for you) in the upcoming builds, where I want to get rid of most of the "holding hands" and "helps" with aiming the shots, passing, checking etc. and let the improved physics do it's thing.

My goal is to redesign this game for our niche group/market that loves to play realistically and obviously can't have this hockey fix from EA Sports, because they are making games for the masses.

Oh and one last thing.

Everyone with one half open eye can see that you're not using "your textures" as you claim.

And no, it's not just fonts.

I've spent months and years on this project and some of these textures costs me real money.

For example for these boards I bought high-res 4K photos from online shop because I wanted to have these beautiful high quality details on the real-used hockey boards.

Its actually the 1st time I'm saying this publicaly and I do not won't anything for it from the community, but you might try to consider this next time you will take someone else's work and put your name on it... or a name of your project on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #206
MVP

From a game play perspective DJNEO, there are things that bothers me about passing.

If you make it too hard to connect with passes generally, it will result in a game where you don't want to pass the puck and rather just skate in circles until you find space to shoot. For instance I already feel that you miss too many easy passes up to defenders, for example on the powerplay.

When these are missed they often end up in very dangerous chances for the opposition. This results in me not cycling the puck as much as I would like as the risk you take when trying to pass to a defender is too large. This is not realistic.

Also I feel that a simple cross crease pass on a 2-on-1 connects too rarely which makes me rather just shoot in situations where I would have always passed in real life. A 5 meter pass when you are not under pressure is not that hard to connect with on a 2-on-1.

So whether a pass is accurate or not should depend a lot more on how the situation is around the passer. Is he exhausted? Is he under pressure? Is he on a 2-on-1 breakaway? Is he standing still/gliding or is he skating? Things like that. Don't know how much things like this can be made to have an effect though...

These were just my 2 cents on the issue...

Old 01-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #207
Rookie

devils17's Arena

60fps is there. It's in the top corner, displayed in the video.

Seems you didn't read "I use some of yours, like the font" in my post. I also have you in the credit screen, with the first name shown. I put in A LOT of work myself, but I do not claim solo ownership of the game. (BTW, nike made the boards for 2K20).

Thanks for assuming what I like or do not like. Because I mod the Hitz games, doesn't mean I dislike sim games. I play and help with the ESPN NFL 2K5 community, because the game is more sim than the current day Madden games. I like all hockey, even from NHL 94, including sim, hence why I'm playing and helping out for this game. I also play IRL. About as "sim" as it gets.

But now since reading all the insults and false claims, I will no longer be providing feedback for 2KHS, and no longer be working on 2K20. I'll let Nike keep my textures, like the Olympic boards, and player portraits.

Last edited by devils17; 01-26-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #208
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils17
60fps is there. It's in the top corner, displayed in the video.
Oh, missed that, my browser window must have not shown all screen. Sorry about that.

And about the issue above...

I don't know if there is any history between you guys and really don't want to get caught in some internet drama. What you are doing DJNEO, is quite amazing and insane, I do understand that you don't want your work stolen or get discredited in any way. I really don't think that was the intention here either, I just believe that devils17 wants to help spreading 2KHS/2K11 to us who want to play a current experience and not just the classic teams/arenas. In my opinion it would be a shame to loose one of the only still actually contributing members of the 2K community due to a misunderstanding...

Last edited by nikethebike; 01-26-2020 at 02:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »