Home

#SWARM - RELOADED

This is a discussion on #SWARM - RELOADED within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #9
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM - RELOADED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Im looking forward to following along! I can’t wait to see what happens at WSU. Hopefully it’s a better fait than most of my super rebuild dynasties.

Anyway, can’t wait to follow along!
Well this won't quite be a super rebuild. I've already gone through the super rough years in 2 different dynasties with this same team, so I got the team to a 78 overall if I remember correctly. With the manual progression though, no telling how long it'll take to get to the top.

I'm really excited to start this, I'll probably have the season preview done tomorrow and then hopefully the first game on Monday.

Thanks for following bro!

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #10
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Well this won't quite be a super rebuild. I've already gone through the super rough years in 2 different dynasties with this same team, so I got the team to a 78 overall if I remember correctly. With the manual progression though, no telling how long it'll take to get to the top.

I'm really excited to start this, I'll probably have the season preview done tomorrow and then hopefully the first game on Monday.

Thanks for following bro!

Yeah man! I'm super excited to see what happens!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:01 PM   #11
MVP

young22's Arena

Offense: Barkley is bringing in the same aggressive, downhill pistol/shotgun offense he ran at Faith Lutheran. He'll look to take full advantage of the athletes he has. Expect a lot of option, a lot of rollouts, and a lot of deep shots off play action.

Defense: 4-3 base, but we'll spend a lot of time in the nickel. Aim is to bend, not break.

B.J. Henderson looks to be the centerpiece of this offense for the next 3 seasons. The former 3 star recruit flew under the radar, with Westlake State being the only team to want him as a QB and not a receiver. He backed up Justin Young last season, throwing for 596 yards, 4 scores, and 4 picks on just 37/90 passing. (41%) However, that is a whopping 16 yards per completion. And that's where Henderson shines: extending the play and pushing the ball downfield. He's backed up by Stan Jones, a much more pragmatic, methodical passer who looks to check down first and runs only if he needs to.

Xavier Meeks will likely never see the field at QB. He's a great athlete with a cannon of an arm, but he's inaccurate and can't read a defense. I wouldn't be shocked if he sees snaps out wide or even at tailback.

Barrett Phillips has some potential. The true freshman can run, has a great arm, but struggles with accuracy. He'll redshirt.

Position Grade: B. Henderson's play will make or break this offense.

James Thompson will see the bulk of the work. The redshirt senior is slippery, with solid athleticism. Past him, I'm worried about this position. Freshman Frank Nelson is a pure speed back, but he's closer to a 4.5 guy than a 4.3. Johnny Nash will see snaps in close yardage spots, but that's it. Grant Myers and Jake Kidd aren't very good at all.

Position Grade: C. Thompson is good, but he's a senior.

We've actually got good fullbacks. Deon Mitchell can block, and Mark Montgomery is skilled enough that he'll likely see snaps at tailback, especially on passing downs with his ability to catch.

Bryan Carter is redshirting, but should be a solid blocking fullback next season.

Position Grade: B-. These guys will do their jobs.

Jon Smith was Justin Young's favorite target last season, catching 89 balls for 1310 yards and 12 scores. He's still easily the #1, but expect Kevin Sykes and Josh Roach to take some of the shine. True freshman Robert Coley was a star on Dion Barkley's Faith Lutheran High team before the pair both joined the Swarm, and expect him to see snaps. He's tall, fast, and can go up and get the ball. He would be playing for a top 25 program if he didn't have drop issues.

Eric Monroe is interesting too. At 6'5, he's a 4.3 guy who can also go up and get the ball. He doesn't run good routes, and his hands aren't great, but there's always room for an athlete like him. And he's only a freshman.

Position Grade: B-. There's really only 2 known quantities here in Smith and Sykes. Josh Roach has 10 career grabs, and no one else has caught a pass.

These guys are pretty weak. Neither have played a down, and neither do anything particularly well. Mark Montgomery might see snaps here as well as in the backfield.

Position Grade: D+.

This is where you can really see that the Swarm are a new program. It's all well and good to grab flashy skill guys like Henderson, but the true measure of any team is how good they are in the trenches. The line is OK, but three starters are seniors and the depth isn't looking good.

Position Grade: C-.

Bryan Young, a transfer fresh out of EMCC, is the highlight here. He's your prototypical edge rusher. He racked up 9 sacks in 8 games last season. Why'd he play 8, and not all 12? Well, Young was implicated in a bar fight that saw one man sent to the hospital with a broken jaw. Coach Buddy Stephens suspended him for that. Young was only at EMCC in the first place because NC State dismissed him after he was arrested for DUI twice in his freshman season. If Young stays on the field, he'll be a big help. His backup, Corey Hayes is decent, but not the same kind of athlete.

We look weak at DT. Pierre Turner is our best guy, and he's a true freshman.

Position Grade: C+. Young is the wildcard. Without him, this pass rush is very weak.

Leon Alexander is listed at LOLB but will likely start at ROLB over Cedric Bennett. Andy Davenport is too jumpy and often reacts wrong to the run.

None of these guys are great. We could get torn up by tight ends this season.

Position Grade: D+. These guys are Sun Belt standard.

We'll spend a lot of time in nickel and dime looks this year. We only have 5 corners, so if anyone gets hurt we're screwed. Deandre Mosley and Danny Wilson are a solid tandem, and soph Mark Landrum is alright. Biggest problem is that none of these guys have much experience. Mark Landrum is the only one with an INT to his name. I like Kevin McFarland, I think he'll become a good player, but he's raw. Same goes for Jeremy Jackson.

Shannon Wilkinson is a very solid safety. He's well rounded and a great athlete. He started last year, racking up 37 tackles, 3 of them for a loss, along with an INT and 6 deflections. But Kyle Wagner really limits the looks we can run. He's too slow to cover deep zones, so we're essentially locked into Cover 3 and Cover 1 with him on a TE.

Position Grade: C+. There's talent here, but we're going to lose a few starters, and once again the depth is highly questionable.

Joe Romero is at 56% for his career. Yeah. Kevin Tate is solid, but it's safe to say our special teams won't be winning us games.

Position Grade: C-.

2018 Schedule

With only 1 ranked team on the schedule, the Swarm should pick up some wins. How many exactly will depend on how well the offense can put up points. Our guess is anything from 3 to 6 wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
MVP

young22's Arena

Swarm confirm several new football contracts

August 4th, 2018

Westlake, OH -- Westlake State's non-conference games are locked in for the next few seasons, with the Swarm signing deals to play MWC, C-USA, and Big Ten schools.

Beginning this year and extending through 2023, Westlake State will play one Big Ten school each year. They're expected to be paid anywhere from 250 to 500 thousand dollars, as the bigger schools look to pad their win columns.

A contract with the MWC has been signed, with the Swarm agreeing to play Boise State annually for the next 4 seasons, alternating venues each season, as well as a home-and-home with Nevada.

The details of the C-USA deal are murky, but Westlake State has at minimum a home-and-home agreement with Arkansas State.

The Swarm, of course being in the Big Ten region, will likely be evaluated as a potential future Big Ten member over the course of these next 6 seasons.

Here's what's confirmed:

2019: @ Nevada, vs Boise State, @ Arkansas State, @ Big Ten school (likely Michigan, Michigan State, or Nebraska)

2020: @ Boise State, @ Big Ten school

2021: vs Boise State, @ Big Ten school

2022: @ Big Ten school

2023: @ Big Ten School

Last edited by young22; 07-12-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Kiffin to Ga. Tech? Yeah, that experiment wasn't going to last.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:17 AM   #14
Rookie

Gotta defend the Hive in Week 1. Good luck, Swarm!
Old 07-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #15
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyKing80
Kiffin to Ga. Tech? Yeah, that experiment wasn't going to last.
Haha yeah I didn't think it would either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyKing80
Gotta defend the Hive in Week 1. Good luck, Swarm!
Nevada is TOUGH. They have a Heisman candidate QB (you'll see the preview tonight I think), we're going to have to bring our A game. Thanks for following man! Game will be out tomorrow or the next day.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 08:25 PM   #16
MVP

young22's Arena

Note: All stats/records are from 2017

Note: Didn't grab the conference records from last year. I plan on realigning the American next season to a North/South format, I'm aware USF should be in the East division this season, I messed that up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »