Home

New Poll: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?

This is a discussion on New Poll: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?
A 403 45.33%
B 247 27.78%
C 121 13.61%
D 30 3.37%
F 88 9.90%
Voters: 889. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New Poll: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?

For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Poll: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?

The system itself, A

The games, ehhh, B
Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
The system itself, A

The games, ehhh, B
C/S
Old 12-20-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15
Thumbs up Re: New Poll: For those of you that have an Xbox 360, how would you grade it?

I give the System and A overall. I've been fortunate not to have a single problem with my machine. I know this is OT but I build my own PC's and I just applied common sense in my 360 setup.

The games I would give a B-, not great but not bad either.

XBL/XBL Arcade: A+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #6
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I love it. Well worth the money.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was fortunate enough to get a "heads up" by my local EB store in PA. Yes, the SAME store that has been ripping me on in game and system trade in for 20 years! But, two of the kids I usually talk to on slow days said that they are only getting in 25 systems for their release day on November. I got lucky becuase I didn't put money down on one that day. I told them I would be in early next morning to put $50.00 down on it. Well as it turns out, I got one of the last 3 systems out of their first shipment, and that was back in May. I have had no problems with my system as of yet. I have played some long hours and left it on to see if there was any problems. I have read the boards and saw what people were going through. I didn't want to be one of those people. But, my finger's are still crossed. My brother and I have both benn hosed when it comes to getting game systems as soon as they come out. He first got the Playstation 2 and Sony tried to cover it up but the info got out anyway. About the system having a bad laser eye(a cheaper version) so that Sony could save money. His system was in Immaculate condition( we've always took excellent care of out game systems and games) and he paid a shiny penny when it came out. And b/c it wouldn't read the disc it was HIS fault not Sony's. So he had to pay for Sony's srew up and have the eye replaced. The parts and labor and he time away from not having anything to play. The bill ran close to three-quarter's of what he paid for it in the first place.

I've gotten burnt twice. Once forking out $450.00 maybe more on system and games and 4 controller's maybe more on a system called the DREAMCAST. Well I won't go into discussion here b/c we all know they went bust.(never had a problem with the ststem itslef) I shoundn't have jumped so early on this one but it was Sega after all. And now onto my first X-box. We all know about the poop driver's they were putting into their systems to save money, just like Sony did to the Playstation 2! I called Microsoft about this shoddy Thompson driver and said it wasn't reading the discs. They want me to pay for something that should have been fixed at their end! I went and told her of what my brother went through and what he paid for it. I'd be damn to pay $350.00 for this thing and not ever three years down the road it was giving me trouble. She didn't want to hear it and my words fell on deaf ears. I said It's all over the game sites and boards and paper's everywhere that the Thompson driver is defective. Still nothing from her (she wouldn't admit anything)except the sevice department would fix it for a fee of course. Well I waited till one Christmas and a store have a sale running where I got a new system and traded in my ould one. Got a new driver, all new components everything. By trading in my old system it only cost me a quarter of what the price would have been if I was going to have it repaired.
Well this is what gets me steamed. Somebody pays good money for something and believes a company's reputation for making good products. Well I've had more bad than good when it comes to things such as this. I stated this above our sytems and games are in IMMACULATE condition. I still hve plastic on my controller's. It's in a plactic bubble! And the damn thing breaks. I go over to somebody's elses house the game systems is helping balance out their coffee table and there has been 65 un-known liquids spilled on it. Their contollers has been spilced and duct tapped. And theri games are used for skeet shooting with 1 inch DEEP gouges in the game. Man how's your system working I ask? Great is always the response....So you see why I must vent. So I am holdin my breath on my 360 as of yey b/c it's still to early to tell.

As for the games B to B plus.....Only because right now with a new system launch nobody knows if when the game is going to hit the stores? Or if won't hit the store shelves at all? I have got my heart set on some of the games. I just hope those game don't get cancelled. Most of the game release dates a to uncertin right now. TBA and 200? are very good leads. There isn't any video on anything right now. There are more games out for launch than the X-box IMO. And I am glad to the HYPE MACHINE carries over to the 360 game family. That is where game reviews/reviewer's blow games up to being GODLY beings... Thanks for reading ..
Old 12-21-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

It went from a B+ to a C. Not that i'm dissapointed....actually i'm very disappointed at the media features of the system. I was really looking to have this a my all in 1 media machine. Off the gates i cant just play any media type and my creative zen wont sync up until i get the 5gig firmware update the creative released(not happening lol). Lack of different video format that you can't stream off your computer. Even after been promised by J. Allard at E3 that we could just take our mp3 cd's...in truth you can't.

Design of system was also ok. They could of prevented disc scratching(yes i read the manual!). Wireless controller is nice, I still forgot from time to time that i don't have to worry about having people trip over wires while i'm playing.

Can't wait for January or February to get my HD tv.

Xbox live/arcade- Upgrade that could of been done on the Xbox but i have no problem with that. Grade B. Live arcade games are nice but they shouldn't cost more the $5 IMHO. Some redundant menus though after downloading movies trailers. Can't leave download of a demo going and go back to playing some Hexic. Hopefully after the emulators gets finished up with they have time to clean up the menus.

No market yet.

Games - Meh. C. Kameo is very entertaining and PGR 3 online career picks me up(plus i can see all the major buildings i've walked by in the NYC stages. Damn sweet.). I heard that people that played PGR 1 & 2 are somewhat dissapointed. I just haven't played the game since the Metropolis Street Racer so i'm happy with it. Was really hoping GR3, Full Auto & Morrowind would of launched with the system but i can wait. Plus hopefully they'll release something innovative next that's not FPS happy.

Overall it still stays at a C. Not many good games. I think it was kind of forced on to get x games because that's all they could get out on time even at the cost of quality. Waiting for my Half.com bought games to arrive and that should hold me for now. Excited to have it, not totally dissapointed, just waiting for march for Morrowind. The future looks bright. Right now it just looks like it's always raining for me.

Marvel Heroes: willthebill
GW2: willthebill.9712
Diablo 3: willthebill#1834
PSN: willybnuts
Steam: Part of OperationSports group

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »