Home

2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

This is a discussion on 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: 2005 Operation Sports Year End Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Coward. Speak your mind!
LOL

Ok, don't see Forza being racer of the year. I would give it to Burnout Revenge.

Non Sports game of the year - Call of Duty 2

Sleeper game of the year - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

Innovation - Shotstick, easily

That's really the only things I differ on. Dissappointment as well, because I don't think EA was that bad, as Tiger Woods is great on the 360. But Live and Madden were so disappointing that I can see it and can't really put a finger on another really disappointing title.

Maybe ESPN MLB2K5, as I was really disappointed in it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #18
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

SDVRaw2006 would've been another very good choice for sleeper game. I just picked it up after renting it earlier and have still been playing the hell out of it[when giving the 360 breaks]

Oh and btw...don't listen to everyone, MVP was the best baseball game
Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

The only things I would disagree are for Football (I liked Madden 06 in my time with the PS2 version) and I prefered Half-life 2 on the PC would get my 2005 Non-Sports Game of the Year. I see that NBA 2K6 got alot of awards and even 2k sports got the dev. Though Basketball is where they shine without any Hoops games they would not have that award. Hopefully that "good" from the Bball translates into a good Baseball game on the 360, you know the whole story about that. Anyways I rented NBA 2k6 on PS2 from that expierence it was alright but since I got a 360 It's been nonstop for me, Maybe even considering College Hoops 2k6 when it comes to 360.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
LOL

Ok, don't see Forza being racer of the year. I would give it to Burnout Revenge.

Non Sports game of the year - Call of Duty 2

Sleeper game of the year - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

Innovation - Shotstick, easily

That's really the only things I differ on. Dissappointment as well, because I don't think EA was that bad, as Tiger Woods is great on the 360. But Live and Madden were so disappointing that I can see it and can't really put a finger on another really disappointing title.

Maybe ESPN MLB2K5, as I was really disappointed in it.
I would agree, however, the online difference between Chaos Theory and COD2 is staggering and thats why I would choose SC:CT.
But we all live in denial
Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #21
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I would agree, however, the online difference between Chaos Theory and COD2 is staggering and thats why I would choose SC:CT.
Just for me personally, just can't get into the Splinter Cell games online. They bore me..LOL but as I said, I'm weird.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #22
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Just for me personally, just can't get into the Splinter Cell games online. They bore me..LOL but as I said, I'm weird.
I could definately see that. It takes getting used to, but it's when you play with people you know (like I used to play with Sully, ZXLT, and Jets). The online co-op was a blast too, I used to play that with my buddy, we actually finished all the co-op missions.

I tried out COD2 online 3 times or so, and I didn't have fun, because I had no idea who I was playing. Only time playing with random people is fun is Halo or Rainbow Six, but only when you have a group of people you in the room as well.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I could definately see that. It takes getting used to, but it's when you play with people you know (like I used to play with Sully, ZXLT, and Jets). The online co-op was a blast too, I used to play that with my buddy, we actually finished all the co-op missions.

I tried out COD2 online 3 times or so, and I didn't have fun, because I had no idea who I was playing. Only time playing with random people is fun is Halo or Rainbow Six, but only when you have a group of people you in the room as well.
Yeah, I can see that. But I wasn't looking at the online portion for nonsports game, I was looking at the whole package, and the single player mode in COD2 is amazing, especially in 5.1 surround sound. The game has you white knuckles almost the whole way, just an amazing videogame experience for me.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #24
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that. But I wasn't looking at the online portion for nonsports game, I was looking at the whole package, and the single player mode in COD2 is amazing, especially in 5.1 surround sound. The game has you white knuckles almost the whole way, just an amazing videogame experience for me.
True, I'd take COD2's single player over SC:CT's.

I've never really been into FPS single players, but I finished COD2's very quickly because I couldn't put the game down, LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »