Home

New Poll: Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?

This is a discussion on New Poll: Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?
Yes 363 28.03%
No 444 34.29%
I'll stick with Madden 241 18.61%
Doubt it, I'll stick w/ updated rosters for NFL 2K5 247 19.07%
Voters: 1295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
New Poll: Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?

Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: New Poll: Will we see a football game from 2K Sports this year?

I hope so. I missed 2k football so bad this year. I was optimistic for a while but reality has set in that is just makes no financial sense at all for 2k to make a generic or hall of fame football game. Sure, I would sell a kidney to have them make one, but there are only a few thousand of us out there. It also makes no sense to be secret about it. EA is not going to spend anymore money trying to disrupt competitors, especially since they are losing their shirt on the exclusive license and also, a generic game is no threat. If there was going to be a game we wouldn't be wondering. We'd know.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

My vote is no. But my heart says yes!!! it would be great if some sort of game was created. think what visual concepts could do with 360 hardware!! we can only hope
Old 03-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #4
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I would love it if they made a game and did what the makers of the new Blitz did. Make up a new league and make up an enitre history of it. Put a lot of effort into that aspect as far as where teams are, team nams, logos, etc.

Maybe even make it adjustable by the player so their own league could be created.

I realize people want the NFL, but I personally would have a lot of fun with a good playing football game that did this. I don't own the Blitz game, mainly because I have a 360 now and need to buget my game spending more than I have had to in the past, but I really enjoyed reading about the teams and the league history. It made me very interested in the game. To do that with a more serious game rather than focus on the things Blitz did could make for a great game.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

WHat ever happened to the good old days when video games that could not secure the correct licsense released a game with the following:

Team Names:

NY Titans
KC Indians
Arz Red Birds
Minnesotsa Norseman

You get the idea....

And the QB of the NY Titans would wear number 10 and his name Elo Nanning.

I also remember there was a game that actually had a logo designer in the game, though I could do without the logo, as long as team colors were correct...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

There should be an NFL 2K game this year. It would give EA some competition that they no longer have.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin26
I would love it if they made a game and did what the makers of the new Blitz did. Make up a new league and make up an enitre history of it. Put a lot of effort into that aspect as far as where teams are, team nams, logos, etc.

Maybe even make it adjustable by the player so their own league could be created.
I agree. If they cant use NFL Teams/Players/Logos then do what Blitz did. The most important part to everyone (I hope) is that gameplay is good/realistic.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I have a question for the people the people that think that 2K Sports is coming out with a game this year....

What makes you think that they will? I only ask because besides a little blurb about Legends and a comment here or there, I haven't seen any substantial evidence that leads me to believe that they are coming out with one this year. Also, they are in a bit of financial trouble, which delayed the release of a couple of their games. Plus, the mere fact that they pretty much avoid all talk about the future of their football franchise doesn't make me think that they have anything to surprise us with.

I would like for them to come out with a new game, but again, I haven't heard anything to make me think that they are going to.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »