Home

NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

We have just posted our NCAA Football 07 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
""If a man can write a better book, preach a better sermon, or make a better mousetrap, than his neighbor, though he build his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path to his door." – Ralph Waldo Emerson (attributed)

I’ve always been fascinated by this quote, catchphrase, theory, whatever you choose to call it. Most of you have probably heard it in the simpler more condensed version that simply says, "Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door." It’s a concept that has captured the attention of American industry for well over a century, yet, at its core, there are a thousand holes in the theory.

Now we could get into the debate that people have been having for years about whether or not people are willing to “beat” said path. We could argue about why people would be interested if they don’t mind mice running around. Or, perhaps at a simplistic level, what if people don’t have a mouse problem at all?"
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: NCAA Football 07 Review (Xbox)

Nice review Clay. I was wondering how you might score this title since I know you really like the 360 version as well.

One thing though... I don't think the Xbox version has the "Impact Stick". Pushing up on the right analog stick, as far as I know, simply causes the runner to cover up the ball. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "Impact Stick" is only on the 360...

Like I said, good job; you're reviews are always worth the read.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Well done. I definately put this game up in the 9/10 range. The problem for me is I now have a game worthy of splitting time with Winning Eleven.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

I disagree with a 9/10 and almost a perfect 10? No, not even close. I've 7 games and shut her down. Games averaging 8+ turnovers a game is wrong. Playbooks are still somewhat unchanged for many teams. UVA is a fine example and I'm sure many others are too. Sure sliders may help but right out of the box the game I found was not exciting but actually "over hyped". These "slow motion" plays are overdone. There's more highlights in one quarter than some actual teams have all year. I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend the $50 bucks on this. Presentation hasn't changed and there's no excuse. This game years ago, if it was a PC version would be classified as a add-on and should sell for no more than 29.99. Shame on you EA and anyone else who is blinded by thinking this game is worthy of being called a "new" game.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
I disagree with a 9/10 and almost a perfect 10? No, not even close. I've 7 games and shut her down. Games averaging 8+ turnovers a game is wrong. Playbooks are still somewhat unchanged for many teams. UVA is a fine example and I'm sure many others are too. Sure sliders may help but right out of the box the game I found was not exciting but actually "over hyped". These "slow motion" plays are overdone. There's more highlights in one quarter than some actual teams have all year. I'm sorry but I wouldn't recommend the $50 bucks on this. Presentation hasn't changed and there's no excuse. This game years ago, if it was a PC version would be classified as a add-on and should sell for no more than 29.99. Shame on you EA and anyone else who is blinded by thinking this game is worthy of being called a "new" game.
Its not a new game and anyone expecting it to be new will be disappointed. Its an enhanced game that has a few issues but I'm happy with it. I agree that the slow motion plays are overdone so I turned them off during the first game I played. Just turn the impact camera off and problem solved. The presentation is still good even if largely the same. There are a lot of improvements but its still the same engine. Maybe your expectations were too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Its not a new game and anyone expecting it to be new will be disappointed. Its an enhanced game that has a few issues but I'm happy with it. I agree that the slow motion plays are overdone so I turned them off during the first game I played. Just turn the impact camera off and problem solved. The presentation is still good even if largely the same. There are a lot of improvements but its still the same engine. Maybe your expectations were too high.
Thanks, I'll try that. I been reading on sliders and also about strategy and will be giving this another shot. Plus your right, I think my expectations were too high. I do like the passing game much better. I fumble way too much and realize I need to cover up. Wish their was a slider for fumbles because "Old Man Pete" is not the most graceful when it comes to the controller. 46 years old and my better joystick/controller days are behind me.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Wish their was a slider for fumbles because "Old Man Pete" is not the most graceful when it comes to the controller.
A fumble slider would definately be a great addition. I totally agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »