Home

Madden NFL 07 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 07 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 07 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber
Just as a note, I want to make sure my point is clear. I'm disagreeing with the content of the review, just the corelation of the written review and the numeric score. It just seems as though the numeric score is a bit of a throw away, so really, why bother? I understand the gamerankings thing to a point, but is it really that important?

Just a question. Or two, I guess

Have fun.........
It gives OS exposure. Rotten Tomatoes also lists us because of the score. Its a balancing act imo. The exposure that those two sites give OS vs the 1 or 2 people who post aftre each review that they dont think that score and the review correlate. That isnt meant as a shot at you but I would rather deal with a few people complaining about that and take extra exposure.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks for your time & effort . IMO even if a FATIGUE PATCH comes out. This title is no more than a 7. I have a WIDESCREEN TV & this Camera Option doesn't favor me @ all.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the somewhat Un-Realistic Offensive Playbooks, which have NO:

Roll-out Pass Plays
Play-Action Roll-Out Pass-Plays
Half-Back Tosses
Reverses & Double Reverses
Fleas-Flickers
Shovel-Passes

Especially when a game 2 years older has such plays available.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #19
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It gives OS exposure. Rotten Tomatoes also lists us because of the score. Its a balancing act imo. The exposure that those two sites give OS vs the 1 or 2 people who post aftre each review that they dont think that score and the review correlate. That isnt meant as a shot at you but I would rather deal with a few people complaining about that and take extra exposure.
Still missing the point, if it is that important, especially given the light that score is used to drive interest in this site, why not make it relevant?

It's like saying seat belts are a relevant feature on a car but OS is only going to make them out of candy floss. Either do scoring and do it well, or don't do it. If the basic fact is that OS drops in scores as a throw away, why bother?

TO me it still comes down to you guys not wanting to offend EA, so the score is the carrot you throw out there to say "Hey, look guys, we still gave you a decent score" -- no offense but that is gut churning toadying

Have fun.........

PS: I give this thread an 8

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 09-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Still missing the point, if it is that important, especially given the light that score is used to drive interest in this site, why not make it relevant?

It's like saying seat belts are a relevant feature on a car but OS is only going to make them out of candy floss. Either do scoring and do it well, or don't do it. If the basic fact is that OS drops in scores as a throw away, why bother?

TO me it still comes down to you guys not wanting to offend EA, so the score is the carrot you throw out there to say "Hey, look guys, we still gave you a decent score" -- no offense but that is gut churning toadying

Have fun.........

PS: I give this thread an 8
I'm not missing the point. I responded to your last question with an answer. You asked "why bother" and I told you why. As for "doing scoring well" I feel that we do that already. I have never seen a review on OS where the written word was drastically different from the score. What you consider a 7 or an 8 may be different than what Fossen or I consider a 7 or an 8. I read Mark's review and I feel like a seven was appropriate. You feel different but the only opinion that matters really is Mark's since its his review.

Regarding not offending EA, that is a ridiculous statement. People on this board have to make up there minds. One week, OS is a 2K biased site and the next week we tailor our reviews so that we dont offend EA. If you did your homework, you would see that over the past year the large majority of EA games have recieved 6's and below from this site. Between many of the posts by our forum members and our reviews, EA is probably pretty offended already.

Finally, If Mark or OS is so easily swayed that we give EA better scores just so we dont offend them, why do you even bother reading the reviews? I damn sure wouldnt read or care enough to comment about a biased review. I think EA has IGN in their pocket, so I dont read their reviews and use that as a basis to buy a EA game.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #21
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

Quote:
Either do scoring and do it well, or don't do it. If the basic fact is that OS drops in scores as a throw away, why bother?

I have already explained, in detail, the thought process behind the score. It was a concious choice, and I've explained my reasoning. You haven't discussed it, preferring to continue to tilt at some windmill.

And I still get accused of "gut churning toadying"?

So, you can't simply disagree with my score you need to take potshots at my credibility? I'll just throw it out there that one review called bull**** on ESPN MLB, one review said "I crash every three innings, this thing gets a 1/10".
Old 09-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
We have just posted our Madden NFL 07 review. Find out what Mark Fossen had to say about it.
"There's no getting around it: last year's Xbox 360 debut of the Madden franchise was at best utterly underwhelming. A limited feature set, sloppy gameplay, and skimpy presentation left a bitter taste in the mouths of fans looking for some next-gen football. For those interested in the college game, that taste got washed out this summer by EA's excellent NCAA Football 07. Would the pro game follow suit? Was last year's debacle an aberration, or the start of a new generation?"
DO YOU KNOW IF AND WHEN MADDEN 2007 UPDATED ROSTERS AND NCAA 2007 ALTERNATE UNIFORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #23
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNNJ
DO YOU KNOW IF AND WHEN MADDEN 2007 UPDATED ROSTERS AND NCAA 2007 ALTERNATE UNIFORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE?
No, we do not. Not anything definite.

The rosters should be "early next week".

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »