Home

NBA 2K7 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K7 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #17
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K7 Review (360)

Great review, I can't wait to buy it tomorrow. Great job 2k staff.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #18
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Great review Aaron. Can't wait to get it. I also like your little note to the developers at the end, nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Hey I don't know about you, but to me this WAS online games for NBA 2k6... The dunkers could be stopped if you made the right adjustments and played solid defense. Are you saying it's no different?
No they could not be stopped last year. It was pretty much impossible. You could just keep dribbling till you got to the hoop then dunk. Not this year tho woohoo
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

this is one of the best reviews i have ever read. I appreciate how your honest about everything you say about your experiance with 2k7. I like how you dont base your review off of other websites like how gamespot does. its noway nba 2k7 deserves an 8.3 or 8.2 if the game is improved drastically. but great review and thanks alot.

Last edited by Young Bam; 09-25-2006 at 10:25 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Old 09-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

My biggest regret. overstock.com had a coupon and i could have purchased a 360 for $340 USD last week.

But thank you for the review, and thanks to the 2k7 development team for listening and improving their product.

i can vicariously live my dreams of playing basketball through a videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2006, 05:33 AM   #22
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...someone didnt read my review. Read the last two paragraph to undrestand what a 10 ot of 10 means.
I think this is the spot where it is customary for me to insert my comment that OS finally consider a numeric system that is relevant

I'm obviously a big fan of 2K Sports. That being said, no game is a 10 out of 10. Now 95 out of 100 or 97 out of 100 make sense, if you believe a game is near perfection but has some issues, but no game is perfect

Don't worry, I am happy to keep letting you guys know it until you are finally willing to changing it to something that makes actual sense and is representative of the written review

In this case I think I'd suggest somewhere in the 93-96 out of 100 range

Have fun............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think that it is pointless to have a 10/10 system and never be able to give a game a 10. Any case where you would consider giving a game a perfect score you always need to ask the question: "Is this the definitive game in the genre?" If the answer is yes then you can give the game a score of 10/10 while pointing out any flaws that the game may still have. 10/10 doesn't mean perfect, it only means best of the best. That's why you have a number, and a text review.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #24
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber
I think this is the spot where it is customary for me to insert my comment that OS finally consider a numeric system that is relevant

I'm obviously a big fan of 2K Sports. That being said, no game is a 10 out of 10. Now 95 out of 100 or 97 out of 100 make sense, if you believe a game is near perfection but has some issues, but no game is perfect

Don't worry, I am happy to keep letting you guys know it until you are finally willing to changing it to something that makes actual sense and is representative of the written review

In this case I think I'd suggest somewhere in the 93-96 out of 100 range

Have fun............
You tell everyone how Aaron's score does not fit the OS definition of a 10 out of 10, but does fit a 93-96 on a scale that you made up... and I'm sure Steve and Shawn will be more than happy to change it.

And, while your at it, please share your wisdom with us all on the difference between a 93 and 96 on said scale.

We'll see you next review.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »