Home

College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit w/ Screenshots

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit w/ Screenshots within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit w/ Screenshots

College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit with Chant Creator and Other New Features

NEW YORK, NY – October 19, 2006 U– 2K Sports, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today a number of unique new features in College Hoops 2K7, the #1 rated college basketball simulation series for four-straight years*. With the revolutionary Chant Creator, the enhanced Coach Mode, and the even more realistic college game atmosphere, College Hoops 2K7 fans will be caught up in the excitement and pageantry of collegiate basketball like never before.

“The intensity and excitement that fills a gym during a heated college basketball game is incredible,” stated Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. “College Hoops 2K7 truly captures the authentic college basketball game atmosphere, enhanced by the all-new Chant Creator and revamped Coach Mode.”

The unique Chant Creator, the first of its kind in any sports title, allows the gamer to control the excitement of the crowd by constructing custom chants to play during key moments of play. Gamers are given a multitude of options to customize in-game chants, including drum percussions, letters, words, mascots, states/regions, and more.

In addition, over 200 fight songs have been added to further enhance the overall college atmosphere in College Hoops 2K7, as well as more than 50 new default crowd chants and new cheerleader routines, mascot dancing and new gyms. With Chant Creator, countless combinations can be created to give each team’s fans a distinct sound, immersing gamers even deeper into the emotional atmosphere of College Hoops 2K7.

An expanded Coach Mode provides College Hoops 2K7 players a unique first person perspective through the eyes of the coach. As the coach, gamers can move up and down the sidelines changing the tempo of the game, call plays and make substitutions. Adding to the authentic coach experience, College Hoops 2K7 is the only college basketball title on the market to include the likenesses of hundreds of actual college coaches—including Roy Williams, Billy Donovan, John Calipari, Jay Wright and more.

College Hoops 2K7, featuring J.J. Redick, former star player for the Duke University Blue Devils on the cover, will be available in November for the Xbox 360™ and Xbox® video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. College Hoops 2K7 for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system will be available this winter.

For more information, log onto http://www.2ksports.com

* According to GameRankings.com average scores of 2002-2006 college basketball simulation video games.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox® and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™ and Game Boy® Advance. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K and 2K Sports, and Global Star Software; and distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two also manufactures and markets video game accessories in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region through its Joytech subsidiary. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, Geneva, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands), Auckland, Shanghai and Tokyo. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit

I cannot wait for this game.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 19

Can I get a "F*** YOU J.J." *clap-clap-clapclapclap* chant? I mean, of course I'd replace the "J.J." with someone whose still in college b-ball...just wondering...
Old 10-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
Banned

lawcutta's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit w/ Screenshots

I can't wait to get my hands on Ch2K7, it's looking good so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: College Hoops 2K7 Captures Authentic Collegiate Spirit w/ Screenshots

200 Fight songs is sounding good...Much better than the 7 they had last year.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
I cannot wait for this game.
Ditto.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 10-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Ditto.
I'm taking off tues wed thurs for this game. I hope it plays sim. Much like NBA 2k7

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »