Home

New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help

This is a discussion on New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: New Operation Sports Redesign Coming, Need Your Help

Herbs... possibly you're forgetting, as I had, that you can change the color scheme for the site. I'm on ESPN Beta 1.3 now... and it's slick looking. Like it very much.

Maybe go for a Viva Pinata style Steve, lol.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Bring back blogs and that column clay and shawn did
Old 01-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Herbs... possibly you're forgetting, as I had, that you can change the color scheme for the site. I'm on ESPN Beta 1.3 now... and it's slick looking. Like it very much.

Maybe go for a Viva Pinata style Steve, lol.
Thats true. I had forgot....I changed from OS pro to Koniro and this is kind of a nice little change of pace.

Also, I would like to see the main page a little less cluttered. I think the "new at operation sports" box is all you really need. Because it seems like posting all the links there and then putting all of them below is a little redundant .

Perhaps you could split up the reviews a little differently so you can access the review or preview you want more efficiently, ala IGN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like to see more emphasis on details in the reviews. There are rarely any details given on dynasties in the sports games. You all rarely mention if all-time records are available or another example is telling what some of the roles in Madden '07 are and how to achieve them.

There's more to some games than gameplay itself. I'd like more information on some of the little things that make a good game great.

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

I have 9 years in the Interactive industry and I'm employed full time as a Senior Designer for one of the top 25 Interactive firms in the country. I was curious if OS was going to turn into a full blown sports gaming site and the forums become a "part" of the site. It would be nice to see it end up like an IGN or a 1up.com but be about sports games (sure we could have a little section about the other games that us sports nuts play though). I have a few questions though from a pure professional standpoint:

- Are you guys going to "re-brand" yourselves? You know, new identity (new logo, OS color scheme, etc)
- Are you going to redesign the site in a way that you can get rid of the leaderboard banner at the top? (that 728x90 pixel area) and maybe have two 300x250 spots on the right hand side. I understand you want to keep media placement spots so certiain companys can include your site in thier media plans (more revenue for OS).
- Are you guys going to maybe use some flash elements? Maybe have a hero area (its an advertising term) up in the main area on the homepage (a trend you see with IGN, Gamespot, 1up ect (Im talking about the area where the main articles are featured but they use flash to flip through each one or let the user do it).

if you guys are rearchitecting the site id love to see a site map with a breakdown of what sections you guys are going to have (i dont work for you guys though so you probably wouldnt feel safe witih me looking at it).

Dam part of me is itching to hop off my PC and get on my Mac, crack open photoshop and design comps.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Basketballer238's Arena

OVR: 1

make if more this generation like the ign homepage with revolving screenshots with links to the article instead of the stupid one click links on this homepage
Old 01-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Video reviews that go into more depth than the written ones would be nice.

Video reviews are here to stay so OS should be heading in that direction.

Also I'd like to see on release days of the big sport games not just a mod posting answers to questions but I'd like to see a 12-24 hour video feed of true sports gamers like us playing the game and taking questions off live posts.

Gamespot did something like this when madden came out this year, but you could tell they were not die hard sports fans. Still cool none the less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am old, cranky and not all that smart. I don't like change. It confuses and baffles me and I have to spend time and energy learning the new scheme (I am also lazy). I don't want to see any changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »