Home

EA and Jostens Introduce "Ring of Champion" To Madden NFL 08

This is a discussion on EA and Jostens Introduce "Ring of Champion" To Madden NFL 08 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA and Jostens Introduce "Ring of Champion" To Madden NFL 08

Gamers Can Customize and Purchase Rings to Showcase Their Skills

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - July 16, 2007 – Electronic Arts Inc and Jostens. Inc. today announced that the highly anticipated Madden NFL 08 for next generation consoles will give players the opportunity to extend the Madden NFL 08 experience to the real world by giving them the ability to purchase their own custom-designed “Ring of a Champion”. Based on the player’s Madden Gamer Level, the Ring of a Champion showcases the progress of a Madden NFL 08 gamer, and each ring can be customized to recognize the player advancements through the game. These rings are a direct representation of a player’s achievements and game skills. Madden NFL 08 will be available for purchase beginning August 14.

“We wanted our gamers to have something tangible to recognize their achievements within Madden NFL 08 and we kept coming back to Super Bowl rings,” said Madden NFL 08 Lead Producer David Ortiz. “We wanted to remain authentic to the real Super Bowl ring therefore we forged a great partnership with Jostens to allow our gamers to proudly display their Madden NFL 08 skills.”

The Ring of a Champion series will serve as a visual tracking system for a player’s success within the game. As Madden NFL 08 gamers accomplish various achievements, they will progress through five different levels. Once a player has reached level three, the ring can be purchased through Jostens’ website utilizing the code provided within game. In addition to the 32 NFL team logos players can incorporate into their ring, the tops and sides of the rings can also be customized. If a player is able to execute an extraordinary achievement they can obtain the Epic ring status, which allows for enhanced design and uniqueness.

“We know that Madden NFL players are passionate about their game and take pride in their skills,” said Mike Bailey, president and CEO, Jostens. Inc. “We’ve had fun designing the rings with EA and hope they add a new dimension of reward to the game.”

Minneapolis- based Jostens, creators of 27 out of the 41 Super Bowl Championship rings, and EA have worked together to create the collection of Madden NFL 08 rings, incorporating a unique ring design feature embedded in the game. Jostens will offer three unique ring designs that are available in non-precious metals as well as 10K white and yellow gold. Gamers can also choose from a variety of colors to add to further customize. Rings will range in price from $149 for a non precious ring to $495 for a 10K Gold ring. Each ring incorporate simulated stones chosen by the gamer as well as cubic zirconium stones in the design and gamers will also be given the option to add genuine diamonds if they prefer the ultimate in their Ring of a Champion.

Coming into its 18th year and with more than 60 million copies sold and having generated over $2 billion in retail sales, Madden NFL football continues to stand out as one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time. Developed in Orlando, FL by EA Tiburon, Madden NFL 08 will be available in August on the Xbox 360™ and Xbox® videogame and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Wii™, PC, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system. For more information check out www.madden08.com.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, cellular handsets and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA SPORTS BIG™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2007, EA posted revenue of $3.09 billion and had 24 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: EA and Jostens Introduce "Ring of Champion" To Madden NFL 08

Check out some screenshots here.

http://previews.operationsports.com/...me=madden08360
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Id be suprised if they can move more then 100 of those rings. Might as well carve "madden couch potato" into an actual potato and tie it around your neck. Now thats some cool bling for less then a dollar and about at impressive a statement.

Never mind saving yourself money, imagine the time that you would have to lost constantly explaining to everyone you sees that ring on your finger, dare you wear it in public, what you were thinking about when you placed the order!

Last edited by Gleebo; 07-16-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I really hope nobody buys one of those rings.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

This wont be for the average person, but I could see this being really cool as a tournament prize, like at the Madden Bowl and Madden Challenges. Win it all, get the prize money and a ring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

These dudes made my high school class ring.

As a matter of fact, this reminds me...I need to get it resized. I've grown since '98
Old 07-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I can't picture anyone who ever wants to get a date in their life wearing one of those things. Does it come with a special limited edition Madden pocket protector?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

If you are wearing that ring, and its in full bling bling then you probably are not getting laid and please dont expect to be anytime soon.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »