Home

FIFA 23 Next Gen on PC

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 Next Gen on PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA 23 Next Gen on PC

https://www.polygon.com/23271025/fif...omens-football

Could be a good sign for Madden bringing next gen to PC next year as they're typically a year behind fifa on big things like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: FIFA 23 Next Gen on PC

Good news. Only downside, and I hate to be a Debbie downer, is that the CFB game likely is console only based on everything EA has said so far.

Maybe eventually we get a mod allowing us to import draft classes from the CFB game onto the PC, but I feel some PC players like myself with stick with consoles simply because we can import the draft classes next year, assuming the feature is there.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and EA surprises us with CFB 24 on PC and the current gen version of Madden 24 on PC also. I doubt it happens, but you never know for sure.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-20-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Good news. Only downside, and I hate to be a Debbie downer, is that the CFB game likely is console only based on everything EA has said so far.

Maybe eventually we get a mod allowing us to import draft classes from the CFB game onto the PC, but I feel some PC players like myself with stick with consoles simply because we can import the draft classes next year, assuming the feature is there.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and EA surprises us with CFB 24 on PC and the current gen version of Madden 24 on PC also. I doubt it happens, but you never know for sure.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I am not saying it is coming to PC, but there has been no signs of console only. In fact, I would argue, it makes sense for it to be on PC as they would be bringing College Football and Next Gen Madden at the same time, would make sense that the effort was made this year for Madden if this was the case.

With that said, as an avid PC gamer, I am not expecting either but sure hope so lol.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I am not saying it is coming to PC, but there has been no signs of console only. In fact, I would argue, it makes sense for it to be on PC as they would be bringing College Football and Next Gen Madden at the same time, would make sense that the effort was made this year for Madden if this was the case.

With that said, as an avid PC gamer, I am not expecting either but sure hope so lol.
All EA has ever mentioned are the next gen consoles, never once have they said PC. Even their official press release on their own website is titled this...

EA SPORTS Begins Development of Exclusive New College Football Console Experience

In other releases straight from their own mouths they have consistently said it will release on next gen consoles and then mentioned nothing else. While they haven't officially confirmed it won't be on PC, they basically have with what they have and have not said.

― Plato
Old 07-21-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
All EA has ever mentioned are the next gen consoles, never once have they said PC. Even their official press release on their own website is titled this...

EA SPORTS Begins Development of Exclusive New College Football Console Experience

In other releases straight from their own mouths they have consistently said it will release on next gen consoles and then mentioned nothing else. While they haven't officially confirmed it won't be on PC, they basically have with what they have and have not said.
Eh I wouldn't read too much into that. Their marketing is probably just focusing on the flagship product, which is console for them. I don't think it means much either way. It's about building the hype, not necessarily being accurate on details such as release platforms.

There's a good chance that the decision whether it would be PC or not hasn't actually been made yet, but I'm not confident even Madden will be anymore to be honest, as this is exactly what happened when Madden 08 was the last in that generation of games (kept being released as the old code until it eventually died off). I can't remember what happened to FIFA around that time though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2022, 08:59 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Eh I wouldn't read too much into that. Their marketing is probably just focusing on the flagship product, which is console for them. I don't think it means much either way. It's about building the hype, not necessarily being accurate on details such as release platforms.

There's a good chance that the decision whether it would be PC or not hasn't actually been made yet, but I'm not confident even Madden will be anymore to be honest, as this is exactly what happened when Madden 08 was the last in that generation of games (kept being released as the old code until it eventually died off). I can't remember what happened to FIFA around that time though.
Maybe, but at some point when they specifically name the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X repeatedly and nothing else, you have to assume that's all it will release on.

― Plato
Old 07-21-2022, 09:07 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Maybe, but at some point when they specifically name the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X repeatedly and nothing else, you have to assume that's all it will release on.
What was the last college game that was on PC? Would they chance the first college game being on PC knowing the modding scene if things can't be worked out with NIL?
Old 07-21-2022, 10:31 PM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

The NIL is the perfect opportunity for PC market. When they first announced, NIL was not there yet, luckily it resolved very early in development so a decision could be made, before that, the decision was quite clear. The plan is to have real players, that changes the entire thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »