Home

FIFA 23 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed - HyperMotion 2, Technical Dribbling, AcceleRATE & Much More

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed - HyperMotion 2, Technical Dribbling, AcceleRATE & Much More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 23 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed - HyperMotion 2, Technical Dribbling, AcceleRATE & Much More

As promised, EA has revealed their FIFA 23 gameplay trailer today, along with a new Pitch...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FIFA 23 Gameplay Trailer

Quite a bit of of focus on the offense (and not much mention of fouls), but the acceleration styles was my favorite thing from the video (and fake shots being tied to certain players).
Old 07-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Hypermotion2:
I appreciate trying to replicate actual team play, but the game is too fast to really make that matter at all to me.

Women's club teams:
Playing as women's teams might be the most realistic experience in the game, although they said they reworked their locomotion. Hopefully in a realistic way.

Technical dribbling:
Anyone who thought dribbling speed and responsiveness needed to increase from FIFA 22 ... idk what to even so say. That **** was already dumb fast and not grounded in reality. Looks like it will be even worse. They mention that when you play as top dribblers they will be much faster. How about making the opposite true? Not every player is smooth and ultra quick on the ball. Give them some weight. The clip of the guy dribbling one way, then the opposite, then back looked brutal.

Signature run styles:
Odd to devote any time to this. Isn't this in every game?

Defending:
No mention of team defending. All they mentioned was a hard slide and some added animations. Yikes.

Physics:
Deflections? OK.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:06 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Hypermotion2:
I appreciate trying to replicate actual team play, but the game is too fast to really make that matter at all to me.

Women's club teams:
Playing as women's teams might be the most realistic experience in the game, although they said they reworked their locomotion. Hopefully in a realistic way.

Technical dribbling:
Anyone who thought dribbling speed and responsiveness needed to increase from FIFA 22 ... idk what to even so say. That **** was already dumb fast and not grounded in reality. Looks like it will be even worse. They mention that when you play as top dribblers they will be much faster. How about making the opposite true? Not every player is smooth and ultra quick on the ball. Give them some weight. The clip of the guy dribbling one way, then the opposite, then back looked brutal.

Signature run styles:
Odd to devote any time to this. Isn't this in every game?

Defending:
No mention of team defending. All they mentioned was a hard slide and some added animations. Yikes.

Physics:
Deflections? OK.
Signature run styles are not in every sports game, no.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:28 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Signature run styles are not in every sports game, no.
I meant every FIFA. I know as far back as at least FIFA 11 Ronaldo has his own run animation. And Sterling and Griezmann more recently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2022, 02:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed - HyperMotion 2, Technical Dribblin

The speeding up of dribbling scares me as it's the last thing I wanted to hear. Looks like I'll be waiting for pes master league DLC

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-28-2022, 02:52 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: FIFA 23 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed - HyperMotion 2, Technical Dribblin

Gonna need to see gameplay to see what these "6000" new animations actually do lol. Their big numbers are always funny. It took some time with fifa 22 to really feel the difference but that was a big upgrade over 21 NG. I'm certainly not going to be running off to an unfinished f2p game based on a 7,500 word gameplay blog though lol
Old 07-28-2022, 05:10 PM   #8
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

It's going to be the same thing as every year. Gameplay is great during beta/first weeks of the game then an update hits. The YouTubers and/or FUT crowd complain the game is to slow, or that VVD (rightly) can't do a 360° Nutmeg or something equally daft then the game takes a nose dive until this time next year and gameplay becomes good again.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they actually watched real footage and realize that defenders don't stand picking at dandelions like a under 5 team, all the 1000's of animations actually play out at a human speed, keepers don't dive underneath a shot for no reason.

I prefer most gaming on console I'll most likely picked it up but it'll be on PC. I'll go that route so I can block updates or use mods to fix any issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »