Home

Want to become 25% better at NBA2k?

This is a discussion on Want to become 25% better at NBA2k? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Want to become 25% better at NBA2k?

And probably have 25% more fun? Read this sentence:

NBA 2k is a game more about patience than it is precision.

If you don't understand that, then no matter how good your stick skills are, you are hot trash and probably losing games for everyone. You could be so good that you carried your team to like 40% winrate (not as a big,) but you have extremely handicapped yourself up until this point by not understanding how the game works. Like all the dribble gawds who pass know, it's a lot more fun to go 11/12 than to hit 18/24 w/ turnovers.

As for bigs, same idea, just chill. Being there and being what the game considers "in position," hands up, sometimes push into people if they are coming at you, the game will make horrible things happen to the person who is trying to attempt a shot. 2k will make a dude miss on some clown stuff, that's why we all flop when it happens. That's just the way the game is built, too, same with rebounding, get to the position you want to be and hold box out. They did make the ball a lot more live when you are moving around inside, so it's best to keep the ball face out (stay post) until you shoot or pass with the post playmaker buff, yikes.

Smartthinking.gif

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Want to become 25% better at NBA2k?

If I’m around the basket, I can be hands up all day and nothing happens.

I see so many people saying this still works for them around the basket and yet so many people saying that it doesn’t.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:50 AM   #3
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
If I’m around the basket, I can be hands up all day and nothing happens.

I see so many people saying this still works for them around the basket and yet so many people saying that it doesn’t.

That's real basketball. Being in position with hands up just makes it a tougher basket. You're just trying to drop their FG% enough to win the game. The goal isn't to make someone shoot 0% from the field.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:55 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
That's real basketball. Being in position with hands up just makes it a tougher basket. You're just trying to drop their FG% enough to win the game. The goal isn't to make someone shoot 0% from the field.

I could buy into that if I hadn’t seen games where Draymond is locking up Shaq in the paint.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

I could probably be 25% or 50% better at 2K online if the SERVERS didn't have input delay lag. It's been an issue for years. If this was the shooter gaming community there would be an uproar about the ongoing input delay lag. Only in the 2K community does new badges, shot meters, dribble moves, and rebranded mechanics get attention and applause.

It's 2022 and new consoles and the input delay online is still an issue. Don't believe me? Google NBA 2K input delay and see the numerous threads about it. It happens on PC too. I can play any game online and I don't have delay. This is with wired and wireless internet and controllers, Game Mode set on the TVs, PS4, PS5, X1, XSX. It's really time to expect better online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Uh… ok?
Weird thread but do you
Old 08-08-2022, 03:58 AM   #7
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

Meh.
A couple pumpfakes and the game moves you and your hands up defense out of position for a guaranteed bucket.

Interestingly it also rarely if ever triggers the 3 seconds call…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 08-08-2022, 10:29 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Meh.
A couple pumpfakes and the game moves you and your hands up defense out of position for a guaranteed bucket.

Interestingly it also rarely if ever triggers the 3 seconds call…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports

It’s crazy to me how split people are on this. Some say it doesn’t work at all, others say you defend just fine this way. Although I’ve yet to hear anyone explain what they do/provide any visual evidence to support it…

Either way, the inside game is awful and hasn’t changed a bit in 5+ years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »