Home

Advice Start Franchise

This is a discussion on Advice Start Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Advice Start Franchise

Well it has taken since release to dial in a slider set. So now I’m at the point where I’m ready to start my forever franchise. Looking for advice on how y’all attack the issue and which option do you prefer? Im an every inning every game player so it’s difficult to choose. Option #1 - Start franchise day 1 with opening day rosters. Option #2 - Start franchise day 1 with post trade deadline rosters. Option #3 - Start franchise one day after trade deadline with post trade deadline rosters. Option #4 - Suggestions different than first 3 options……..There are pros and cons to each option that can kinda play with my head so I wanted to see if the community had some advice. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide this frustrated player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2022, 07:09 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Advice Start Franchise

of these 3 options, #2 & 3 are both unappealing for my taste. I'd definitely do option #1 if I were to start a new franchise right now today

also, while I do have a ''play every inning of every game, no sim'' franchise, later in the year I like to do play 1, sim 2 franchise. I've posted plenty times before, once more won't hurt: I like the play 1, sim 2 format because 99% of teams are going to win at least 54 games and 99% of teams are going to lose at least 54 games. it's what you do with the remaining 54 of those games that provide the difference in a hundred win season and a hundred loss season and a 81-81 season and everywhere in between

A Work in Progress
Old 08-08-2022, 07:19 PM   #3
Pro

Thank you for the advice and suggestion! I appreciate it. This may be a good thread cause I’m sure I’m not the only one facing this dilemma

Old 08-08-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I used Ridin’s post trade deadline roster and not looking back. I wanted to have Soto on the Padres and all the other moves. It’s not 100% realistic since I’m starting in spring training, but I’m having fun. All teams have had a chance to make moves and my fantasy baseball universe is starting with all teams at full strength.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-09-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
Rookie

I just picked up the game last week. I’m going to attempt an all 162 season + spring training with St. Louis. I’m rolling with the default rosters. There are some ratings that seem a bit off, and some of their rookies (Gorman and Yepez) simply aren’t going to get called up this year, but I’m thinking that’s going to help me just be immersed in my own little universe and let things play out how they will, without getting hung up on what’s happening in the real world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #6
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

I always wished there was an option similar to NBA 2K with a "Start today" feature, but since there isn't, I went with option 2. Similar to others, I wanted Soto on the Pads so that I could watch the Pads/Dodgers beat the heck out of each other.

Also, I settled on the Pirates because I wanted to play with Oneil Cruz through his career. With his size, he really reminds me of Tulo. I'm 15 games in and between him, Hayes and Reynolds, it's a blast so far.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:51 AM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I have a saved roster from July 29th live roster update. This is before the trades, but up to date attribute adjustments for everyone.

If a roster like that is something you're interested in I can upload it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-09-2022, 02:41 PM   #8
Pro

Advice Start Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I have a saved roster from July 29th live roster update. This is before the trades, but up to date attribute adjustments for everyone.

If a roster like that is something you're interested in I can upload it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

That’s how I got my day one after the trade deadline franchise. I uploaded a post deadline roster and added preseason long term injuries but removed the injuries (added to the 40 man and called them up from A Ball) from the players that were injured after opening day (I.e Means from Baltimore). Then I turned off injuries and trades and simmed to the day after the trade deadline. I ended up simming a few times until the playoff teams were close to what has played out in the real mlb……the key is to save the franchise prior to simming to the trade deadline. ………just as an update, I think I’m going with option #1 - Start the season on opening day with opening day rosters but updated ratings. I will also enter all the long term injuries before opening day.

Last edited by Fcshuckers73; 08-09-2022 at 02:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »