Home

Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22

This is a discussion on Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22

WWE 2K22 was highly anticipated, perhaps for some right and wrong reasons. Regardless, when 2K announced...

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2022, 03:37 PM   #2
Rookie

chrisbosh4's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22

It is definitely in rotation with madden 23. Still haven't completed Rey's showcase though.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:10 PM   #3
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

I like what I've heard and seen. I'm holding off for the Christmas sale though, they still need to earn back that trust.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's just fun to play again. The new control scheme is fantastic, the new camera angle feels so much more dynamic than the standard static hard cam, it looks and sounds great, and Yuke's had threw in too many mechanics at the end, so great job by VC to streamline a lot of it out without sacrificing its signature arcade-half-sim style.

One cool extra-mile thing if if you copy a model to a new character, the commentary will follow. I downloaded a Batista circa 2005 (with hair) CAW, and the game still used all the Batista-specific commentary for it.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:22 PM   #5
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I think for me I tried it but it still just felt a tad off. A few things that bothered me was having certain wrestlers like Guerrero and a version of Shaun Michaels locked behind the story and for people like me who can not get all the moves right I will never be able to use those guys

Also as great as the creators are and they are amazing I am still let down by the fact we are now at a ps5 and still cant upload entrance music, and have all the moves and intros for wrestlers not in the game to look and play real? I mean I guess fire pro wrestling world spoiled me

It looks nice the game, plas a little bit better for sure. BUt I guess I am stuck in the past versions that were amazing. I hope AEW hits the spot.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 01:32 PM   #6
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Good Article. I agree with majority of it as WWE 2K22 is pure fun to play in the ring. From player movement, the ability to now dodge and weave grapples, as well as the advanced reversal system.

My gripes are minimal, but can be a bit of immersion killer. For example, I am happy they have programmed aerial maneuvers, but seeing EVERY competitor attempt top rope maneuvers just brings the immersions level down. I usually tell myself these are "Botched" aspects of matches, as they happen in real wrestling.

My biggest gripe is out of the ring issues. Primarily the hard crashes in Universe mode and downloading content. I understand there are workarounds for downloading content, but this puts limitations on Universe mode for those who use a lot of created content.

Speaking of Universe mode, I was hoping it would be a bit more overhauled. As of right now, the familiarity from older WWE 2K games helps progress the mode, it still feels like it is missing certain aspects that will push the mode to the next level.

Overall I am content with the game, but the crashing issues and lack of new features in Universe mode just makes this title a bit stale in that aspect.

Love the in ring action and entrances though.
Old 09-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Yeah, I agree with the out of ring issues being the biggest issue. There are some wonderful CAWs and CC content that I've purposely overlooked since that's one of the known issues.

Immersion in Universe Mode seems to be off to me for the same reasons others have mentioned.

I guess I've been lucky to not have a major crash/file corruption...worst I've had is the loss of an "episode" of Raw that I just simmed to overwrite the bad save.

I do miss chain wrestling, especially with superstars that make that part of their repertoire. Having to grapple is kind of an odd decision. I must admit I also have a love/hate with the combos. I love that they streamlined things but I can't remember half of the combos and pausing to check the quick instructions ruins the flow. I also wish (as do others it looks like) that they had a way to import music. Not just for superstars and CAWs based on IRL wrestlers but even our original characters. That'd be epic!

Complaints aside, I agree with this article and I really do enjoy the game. My 7 year old kid loves doing tag matches and the Rumble with me; I'm glad he can pick up and play. I've even had some real fun matches with the AI even sometimes on the lower difficulty levels. Even with some of the stuff we've gone over being removed from Universe, I do find myself spending a lot of fun time there putting together weekly shows, rivalries, tag teams/stables and especially epic PPVs (er, premium live events, as I'm sure 2k23 will call them )
Old 09-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #8
Rookie

I remember playing a WWE game back in the day, it must of been close to when they started putting universe mode into there games. I wish i knew what one it was, i would love to find out and play that game again. Universe mode was so good in that one game. You didnt have to setup run ins and there was so many cut seens in that game. I remember i made NWO and they kept jumping someone i dont remember but they he had to be brought out of the arena in a stretcher. When he came back i decided to make someone from NWO fight this guy they kept jumping and i put them in a cage match. Everything just played out on its own, i dont even think they had that rival system in the first couple universe modes when it came out. I could be wrong but WWE has to do something new with universe next year, bring it back to the old days that i remember when cut screens would happen on there own and everything made sense. I dont remember this game having detailed stories but for example if NWO kept attacking someone eventually it would show a cut sceen of that guy making allies with someone else and they would shake hands n it could setup a tag team or singles with the new allies having one wrestler being a manager. If anyone remembers what game this was, please let me know. I just remember so many cut scenes happening, i know for sure NWO was in it because i never got that deep where i would make a bunch of NWO wrestlers just to have NWO. Community creations wasnt around back then either. Like i said as far as stories it wasnt detailed or much talking but with the actions from the cut scenes you knew what was going on. This game was def after no mercy and the smackdown series. After those series i believe i remember a period of time where wrestling games would use combos on the controller to pull of moves and ECW had a game that used something like that. It was def after that time period to, this game was close to after those wrestling games with those crazy controls. They def got away from those hard controls and made them a lot more easy to play and right in that time frame is when this game im talking about came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »