Home

eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned

This is a discussion on eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned

eFootball 2023 is a significant improvement upon its predecessor eFootball 2022, but it's more complicated than...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
I'll never forgive Konami for what they've done to MGS and PES. I want this efootball to die so badly because at least then we'll have Camp Nou in Fifa...as atrocious as Fifa is.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned

It’s dead. They need to give it up. It’s never gonna get traction now. It’s yet another cautionary tale against chasing the FTP gold.

Always makes me laugh when people say FIFA is terrible. It’s a video game representation of football. I grew up a massive football fan, I watched 1000s of games live, even more on TV, I’ve played in 30 plus years of football matches for various teams and played in nearly every position. Fifa is not perfect but it’s not junk and it’s not terrible. Relax and be entertained. I swear someone people on here will never be happy with any sports games.
Old 09-15-2022, 12:57 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
It’s dead. They need to give it up. It’s never gonna get traction now. It’s yet another cautionary tale against chasing the FTP gold.

Always makes me laugh when people say FIFA is terrible. It’s a video game representation of football. I grew up a massive football fan, I watched 1000s of games live, even more on TV, I’ve played in 30 plus years of football matches for various teams and played in nearly every position. Fifa is not perfect but it’s not junk and it’s not terrible. Relax and be entertained. I swear someone people on here will never be happy with any sports games.

Don’t get it twisted… I have both the fifa 23 beta fully unlocked and eFootball 2023 and even with all its flaws and limited modes , eFootball is still much better than fifa when it comes to gameplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2022, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Don’t get it twisted… I have both the fifa 23 beta fully unlocked and eFootball 2023 and even with all its flaws and limited modes , eFootball is still much better than fifa when it comes to gameplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just can't play Fifa any more. The planting of the feet and build up through kicking the ball doesn't exist, instead they skate around and it makes it near impossible to make tackles as well as killing the fun.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 05:01 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Online was decent in eFootball 22 for the first few months that I played, but when the $20 pay-to-win packs hit it was over. They did give the defending a boost with the added controls, but it's still 95+ rated players sprinting around like mad men. I would rather play FIFA offline than that.

There is is a good game in there ready to be unlocked whenever they decide to open up offline. Master League won't be free, and I remember hearing that they will be charging $ to use all the leagues offline, but it will probably (hopefully) be worth.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:58 AM   #7
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Konami completely botched their opportunity last year with that incomplete "beta" release and gave FIFA a free win, I revisited the game when it turned into "eFootball 2023" and still have no interest, waiting to see if it even gets a Master League mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy

FIFA *IS* junk, but there's really no better option now otherwise PES was the better albiet less popular choice. PES used to be more popular than EA FIFA back ~15 years ago before ultimate team was a thing.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:57 AM   #8
Pro

It's impossible to go back to FIFA after playing eFootball 23. It only needs more modes to gain traction again, so they definitely shouldn't give up on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »