Home

A quick question about potential in MyNBA

This is a discussion on A quick question about potential in MyNBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
A quick question about potential in MyNBA

So I haven’t really played much 2k over the last few years, but decided to dive back in head on now that I got the PS5. I just finished my first season of a modern MYNBA with the kings (just picked a random team). I am a little confused by how the dynamic potential works.

I had Keegan Murray have a really productive season. Finished All-rookie first team, averaged over 16 ppg, and over 7 rpg, on about 28-30 minutes a game. But come to the end of the season and his potential has randomly gone down a few point to an 81. His overall improved but his potential now matches his overall, but he is still under 25 years old and coming off of a really good first season. I have other players who didn’t have as good of a season actually see increases in their potential. I am a little confused by this as Murray had the far superior season as an under 25 rookie.

For the MyNBA vets, I guess my question is how does the dynamic potential work? What are the factors that make it go up/down, and what are the most important factors to maintain a young players potential? Is it minutes? Stats? Training? I don’t want to have to start a 19 year old rookie on a contending squad and give him major minutes just to make sure he doesn’t crap the bed and drop in potential after his first season.

Any tips would be helpful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 06:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A quick question about potential in MyNBA

While there is dynamic potential to a degree, it's about when they peak, their max potential, etc as well.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

if you go to edit a player and go to vitals and scroll down you can see their peak start/end (players progress more before their peak, and regress after), their potential floor, potential ceiling, as well as a % chance of whether the player will boom, bust, or just reach the average of their floor/ceiling potential ratings. I'm not sure if that will explain exactly what happened in your league but I thought it might be helpful if you didn't already know. Still trying to figure it out myself.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
if you go to edit a player and go to vitals and scroll down you can see their peak start/end (players progress more before their peak, and regress after), their potential floor, potential ceiling, as well as a % chance of whether the player will boom, bust, or just reach the average of their floor/ceiling potential ratings. I'm not sure if that will explain exactly what happened in your league but I thought it might be helpful if you didn't already know. Still trying to figure it out myself.
Has anyone tested this extensively? Are there any guidelines established for getting consistent results (players boom/bust in appropriate numbers)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »