Home

Do you Control Every Aspect of your Franchise?

This is a discussion on Do you Control Every Aspect of your Franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Do you Control Every Aspect of your Franchise?

For those of you Serious franchise guys, are you controlling every aspect of your franchise as far as training, contract negotiations, scouting, etc are concerned?

I have been doing everything for quite a few years, but have been considering delegating some of it going forward.

Would still like to be in control of prospects so I can build the team as I see fit, but some of the other stuff I wouldn't mind letting go of.

How are all of you handling this part of your franchise?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you Control Every Aspect of your Franchise?

I do it all, save any of the scouting that I can delegate to the staff. I couldn't imagine the CPU handling any of the other stuff! I actually enjoy the offseason/scouting/drafting/depth charting more than actually playing the games!
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 09-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Good question Hskr. I've been delegating things for a while because, to me, it isn't realistic to do EVERYTHING. Some say, the CPU doesn't make good decisions. I say, then it evens the playing field for us and them.

So, I delegate anything related to finances (free agent signings, contract negotiations) to the front office. I delegate the weekly training (since it's simmed anyway) to the coordinators. Since they made scouting a little more hands off save for the choosing of the scouts and assigning regions, I usually keep that on manual. Select my focused scouting guys etc when that time comes. I like this more hands off approach to it.

In my little world, I try to function like an organization would with many people doing the various jobs.

But, that's just me, NoleFan!
Old 09-19-2022, 03:13 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Good question Hskr. I've been delegating things for a while because, to me, it isn't realistic to do EVERYTHING. Some say, the CPU doesn't make good decisions. I say, then it evens the playing field for us and them.

So, I delegate anything related to finances (free agent signings, contract negotiations) to the front office. I delegate the weekly training (since it's simmed anyway) to the coordinators. Since they made scouting a little more hands off save for the choosing of the scouts and assigning regions, I usually keep that on manual. Select my focused scouting guys etc when that time comes. I like this more hands off approach to it.

In my little world, I try to function like an organization would with many people doing the various jobs.

But, that's just me, NoleFan!

This pretty much sums up what I was considering as far as negotiations and training. i've been doing it all for so long, I feel a bit like i'm cheating myself, but keeping it more realistic, the HC can't do everything himself as far as i'm concerned.

I like your thought process and how you're handling things.

Thanks Man!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:28 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I delegate training. Feels OP when i control it myself. I do everything else. I skip some scenarios if they feel cheap... like the OLine one's that give you 10k XP for everyone on the line. That is not realistic at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2022, 05:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

I’m like an Al Davis style owner so I want to be hands on with everything. I’ll draft guys a few rounds early if I like them enough and throw crazy money at free agents who I feel like can help the team.

I never get too far into a franchise in Madden, but I think part of the appeal is really building a dynasty. I’d love to have a 70’s Steelers or 2000’s Patriots style dynasty. Hopefully I can do this on M23 without the mode crashing or freezing.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 09-19-2022, 06:13 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I do 32 team control. As far as signing and re-signing players go, with the new player tags, player interest will decide if a player re-signs or signs in free agency. If a player has low or no interest in signing then they will walk. As for XP skill points for players and coaches, I've decided not to assign any XP until mid-season and end of the season and the way I'll do it is by looking at their production. If they aren't producing they won't get any XP. As for player cuts, injuries, depth chart, I have it on auto for the cpu to control. But if I go in and see that a player is struggling, I'll make depth chart moves for the teams. I do my own storylines too
Old 09-19-2022, 08:18 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

On Madden I do it all for my
Team.

I do use 32 team control to set depth
Charts for the other 31 teams and make sure they manage injuries. Also make sure they give top guys their 5th year option.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »