Home

FIFA 23 on PC - No controller recognized

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 on PC - No controller recognized within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
FIFA 23 on PC - No controller recognized

I've got an Xbox controller and it works with all my games except FIFA 23 (even tested Madden 23 as well) which I just got from EA Play Pro. I've tried setting it up in Steam, changing to a PS5 controller, etc, nothing works.

Spent about 2 hours on it and just got fed up and quit. Anyone else have it on PC and get a controller to work>?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: FIFA 23 on PC - No controller recognized

I'm on Xbox Series S, but one of my kiddos will be playing it on his PC. As soon as he can play it (he got Ultimate edition, so today), I'll see if we run into issues. For the record, he uses an offbrand Xbox 360 controller, which has worked perfectly fine for other games like Rocket League.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:08 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I'm on Xbox Series S, but one of my kiddos will be playing it on his PC. As soon as he can play it (he got Ultimate edition, so today), I'll see if we run into issues. For the record, he uses an offbrand Xbox 360 controller, which has worked perfectly fine for other games like Rocket League.
Ok, that would be great. I plan to get it on PS5 on Friday but since I have such a good PC I would love to play it asap on there. I don't think it's my PC as I've not had any issues with any other games and Madden 23 works just fine, but maybe it is. Hoping it just needs a patch or something.

Really looks amazing from watching the CPU play the CPU btw...fantastic graphics and motion!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 09-26-2022, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've got an Xbox controller and it works with all my games except FIFA 23 (even tested Madden 23 as well) which I just got from EA Play Pro. I've tried setting it up in Steam, changing to a PS5 controller, etc, nothing works.

Spent about 2 hours on it and just got fed up and quit. Anyone else have it on PC and get a controller to work>?
It's working for me. I'm using a XBOX controller bluetooth. I am playing through the EA app on PC.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddcp
It's working for me. I'm using a XBOX controller bluetooth. I am playing through the EA app on PC.
Yeah I think it was just my Desktop because I tried it on my laptop and it worked right away. I have an issue on my desktop with I think a USB device that the game is somehow seeing as four USB Gamepads.

So it says I’m player 5...after seeing this I because I am not sure the game could play 5 players on one computer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 05:50 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I think it was just my Desktop because I tried it on my laptop and it worked right away. I have an issue on my desktop with I think a USB device that the game is somehow seeing as four USB Gamepads.

So it says I’m player 5...after seeing this I because I am not sure the game could play 5 players on one computer.
You don't happen to have any virtual controllers set up? I had that issue in the past.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
You don't happen to have any virtual controllers set up? I had that issue in the past.
I think it’s possible it’s that but I also have a mouse called ASUS Chakram which has a small joystick on it that Steam is seeing five times and tomorrow I’m going to remove the USB mouse receiver and see if that fixes it...

Oddly enough though madden 23 has never had any issue with a joystick not showing up

Old 09-27-2022, 08:46 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yep, I removed the mouse USB receiver and it worked straight away. Weird how that mouse didn't interfere with any other games though.. Oh well, works now and it's bloody awesome

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »