Home

Groundbreaking FIX for NHL22's AI - DMen

This is a discussion on Groundbreaking FIX for NHL22's AI - DMen within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Groundbreaking FIX for NHL22's AI - DMen

After many attempts and hours of testing, I am very happy and excited to tell you guys that I have found a fix/solution for the pass happy and way too static DMEN's AI in NHL22…. Yes, you heard me right 😀

A quick recap of what I've been through in the past 2 weeks. I’ve came back to the NHL series after being much more involved in NHL20 and having a pretty good slider set… A very hardcore set, for people like me that likes a real challenge , playing player lock and to make it play like the real thing… No dipsydoodle Crap, lol ! My main objective has always been gameplay first. Real gameplay… I even play with no HUD at all… Nothing, not even the player indicator, lol !

To make a long story short, I’ve downloaded NHL 22 not too long ago because of the NHL fever that hit me every training camp season, lol !

Started playing on my XBOX series X and was very happy to see NHL22 in all it's glory in full HDR. The Frostbite engine and all. Really liked the game flow and started working on a very good slider set. Then I noticed that they were custom rosters that you can download. WHAT ?!! I know, I know, I’m late to the party, lol ! But wow, this changes everything… All I have to do is download a good user set roster and my boy Slafkovsky and Friends would be there on their new teams and all. Another BIG plus for NHL22 😀

After about 10 games, started to notice that the AI DMEN pretty much sucked. On the O side at least… Well didn't really noticed that quickly because I was playing player lock on D, but man after watching them almost NEVER taking shots and being so passive on the offensive side, my hopes and dreams of this being my go to game pretty much went down the drain 😳 Heck, I even watched a game CPU vs CPU (Nashville vs Colorado) to really get a feel of how they played, and even Cale Makar and Roman Josi looked like zombies, not joining rushes, not taking any shots, they were sooooo quick to pass the puck to their precious friends down the slot, WTF ! EA how could you let our favourite DMEN fall flat on their faces like this ???? Why EA, WHYYYYY ???

I told myself, there must be a fix, no ? I've changed everything under the sun in the sliders, changed team strategies, DMEN strategies, edited main players attributes especially on DMEN but to no avail, nothing worked… This was driving me nuts 😣😫😫

I told myself, there must be a way… I must find the solution for every Cale Makar's out there and for everyone that likes to play this beautiful game OFFLINE…

Could they have ''hard coded'' this in the gameplay ? Maybe, but I thought to myself, no, it doesn't make sense because the DMEN AI in NHL20 were way better than this with the right settings, it would be going backwards to reprogram everything under the sun ? No ?

Then it clicked 😀 I found it 😀 At first playing with what I did, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing with my own eyes, DMEN actually doing Slapshots from the point ? What ? When I saw a one timer from Roman Josi from the point, that’s where I almost hit my head on the ceiling out of pure joy and excitement, lol !

Did I just dream all of this ? Could this happen again in another game ? Was it a fluke ? Well let me say that yes it's happening again and I’m not dreaming, lol !

In my NHL 22, the DMEN's are back with a vengeance. Joining rushes, taking shots from anywhere in the zone, slap shots, snap shots, wristers, one timers and even leaving their position to attack the net by themselves. I’m in hockey HEAVEN right now because the game plays how I've always pictured it… Well the AI is not perfect of course, but it now does so many things right, that it's more than enough for my hockey fix 😀 I’m back in Hockey heaven baby !!!

Now before revealing ''The FIX'', is this game dead ? Are you guys interested ? Are people still playing NHL22, or everyone is waiting for 23 ? I told myself, hope that EA found a fix for 23 or maybe for them it's not really an issue ? Are they even aware of this ? That DMEN are zombies and everyone in the testing rooms are aware of this and OK with that ?

To all the pure hockey lovers that wants this game to be the best that it can be, let me know… I know you guys are out there, that's why I joined this site 3 years ago after lurking for almost 10, lol !

If my FIX can put a smile on only one of you, It would be worth it 😀
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #2
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: Groundbreaking FIX for NHL22's AI - DMen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
After many attempts and hours of testing, I am very happy and excited to tell you guys that I have found a fix/solution for the pass happy and way too static DMEN's AI in NHL22…. Yes, you heard me right 😀

A quick recap of what I've been through in the past 2 weeks. I’ve came back to the NHL series after being much more involved in NHL20 and having a pretty good slider set… A very hardcore set, for people like me that likes a real challenge , playing player lock and to make it play like the real thing… No dipsydoodle Crap, lol ! My main objective has always been gameplay first. Real gameplay… I even play with no HUD at all… Nothing, not even the player indicator, lol !

To make a long story short, I’ve downloaded NHL 22 not too long ago because of the NHL fever that hit me every training camp season, lol !

Started playing on my XBOX series X and was very happy to see NHL22 in all it's glory in full HDR. The Frostbite engine and all. Really liked the game flow and started working on a very good slider set. Then I noticed that they were custom rosters that you can download. WHAT ?!! I know, I know, I’m late to the party, lol ! But wow, this changes everything… All I have to do is download a good user set roster and my boy Slafkovsky and Friends would be there on their new teams and all. Another BIG plus for NHL22 😀

After about 10 games, started to notice that the AI DMEN pretty much sucked. On the O side at least… Well didn't really noticed that quickly because I was playing player lock on D, but man after watching them almost NEVER taking shots and being so passive on the offensive side, my hopes and dreams of this being my go to game pretty much went down the drain 😳 Heck, I even watched a game CPU vs CPU (Nashville vs Colorado) to really get a feel of how they played, and even Cale Makar and Roman Josi looked like zombies, not joining rushes, not taking any shots, they were sooooo quick to pass the puck to their precious friends down the slot, WTF ! EA how could you let our favourite DMEN fall flat on their faces like this ???? Why EA, WHYYYYY ???

I told myself, there must be a fix, no ? I've changed everything under the sun in the sliders, changed team strategies, DMEN strategies, edited main players attributes especially on DMEN but to no avail, nothing worked… This was driving me nuts 😣😫😫

I told myself, there must be a way… I must find the solution for every Cale Makar's out there and for everyone that likes to play this beautiful game OFFLINE…

Could they have ''hard coded'' this in the gameplay ? Maybe, but I thought to myself, no, it doesn't make sense because the DMEN AI in NHL20 were way better than this with the right settings, it would be going backwards to reprogram everything under the sun ? No ?

Then it clicked 😀 I found it 😀 At first playing with what I did, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing with my own eyes, DMEN actually doing Slapshots from the point ? What ? When I saw a one timer from Roman Josi from the point, that’s where I almost hit my head on the ceiling out of pure joy and excitement, lol !

Did I just dream all of this ? Could this happen again in another game ? Was it a fluke ? Well let me say that yes it's happening again and I’m not dreaming, lol !

In my NHL 22, the DMEN's are back with a vengeance. Joining rushes, taking shots from anywhere in the zone, slap shots, snap shots, wristers, one timers and even leaving their position to attack the net by themselves. I’m in hockey HEAVEN right now because the game plays how I've always pictured it… Well the AI is not perfect of course, but it now does so many things right, that it's more than enough for my hockey fix 😀 I’m back in Hockey heaven baby !!!

Now before revealing ''The FIX'', is this game dead ? Are you guys interested ? Are people still playing NHL22, or everyone is waiting for 23 ? I told myself, hope that EA found a fix for 23 or maybe for them it's not really an issue ? Are they even aware of this ? That DMEN are zombies and everyone in the testing rooms are aware of this and OK with that ?

To all the pure hockey lovers that wants this game to be the best that it can be, let me know… I know you guys are out there, that's why I joined this site 3 years ago after lurking for almost 10, lol !

If my FIX can put a smile on only one of you, It would be worth it 😀
Parnel,

I know you have been around this forum for a long time. And like you I only play offline, position lock(LW) and Broadcast camera only.

with that said, im willing to bet the CORE NHL 23 game has not been touched . I myself have noticed that 20,21,22 were cut and paste with roster updates and very minor tweaks...but.. SLIDER sets transitioned thru the journey. Meaning 20 sliders work exactly in 22 as in 20 and 21 and vice versa.

IMO im almost 100% sure your fix will work in 23.

Please share with me because, i play 22 alot!!!

thanks
Old 09-28-2022, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

YESSSSS ! That's what I love to hear ��

Probably EA will be pissed if I share this, because I'm really not in a hurry to buy NHL23 from what I've seen so far with that fix, lol !

I told myself what was the BIG change (gimmicks) that occurred between this edition vs. 2020 ? XFACTOR was my answer…

To make a long story short, here's what worked for me after many, many hours of tinkering, I started editing my roster for only 2 teams to start with and doing tests… Seems like Forwards got a big upgrade this year and the DMEN were left to dry… So the objective is give these DMEN the love that they deserve ��

No2) On every DMEN on your team, just add the SEEING EYE perk as your XFACTOR (don't ask me why, but this seems to work, lol ) nothing else… No superstar abilities, nothing.

No3) On every DMEN put the Shoot/Pass bias slider to 1.

No4) Strategies:

TEAM: I just put PROTECT THE NET and COLLAPSING as defensive assignment, because anyway the AI will still invade the slot like madmens, lol !

DMEN: On every pair I put PINCH and SHOOT to the max like I've always done ��

Remember I just found this not too long ago so it's still a work in progress, but man, the game plays beautiful and I'm loving it ��

Yesterday was tired of testing this and that, so I decided to play 2 games without wondering what was going on too much and had a blast… Was playing against Anaheim and Drysdale finished the game with 4 shots on goal ��

This was a first for a DMEN in my games, but the way they play is now night and day ��

Have fun and let me know how it goes for you buddy…

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 09-28-2022 at 01:57 PM. Reason: More testing and I think XFACTOR for FW are good 👍
Old 09-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #4
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Just done some more testing, and good news !

I think we can leave the XFACTORS and SuperStar abilities to the forwards… Just tested a game with a bunch of XFACTORS on both team (Toronto vs Calgary) and the DMEN played very well… Joining the rush and all… Even two of them were one knee one-timers by DMEN 😳😀 I was playing LW lock and Mackenzie Weegar finished the game with 4 Shots on goal !!!

I only left Morgan Reilly with his Thunderclap XFACTOR and he had 0 shots in 22 minutes of ice time and didn't notice him…. So that teaches me to stick to my guns 😆

BUT, the BIGGEST factor IMO is that I also have as the XFACTOR for each DMEN on both teams, the SEEING EYE perk… I think it's this sucker that does the trick, lol !

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 09-28-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:01 PM   #5
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Think I will have to post my Slider Set pretty soon, this game plays awesome right now… And I guess my Roster file 😳😂😂

If I see that there's a demand, lol !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Just done some more testing, and good news !

I think we can leave the XFACTORS and SuperStar abilities to the forwards… Just tested a game with a bunch of XFACTORS on both team (Toronto vs Calgary) and the DMEN played very well… Joining the rush and all… Even two of them were one knee one-timers by DMEN 😳😀 I was playing LW lock and Mackenzie Weegar finished the game with 4 Shots on goal !!!

I only left Morgan Reilly with his Thunderclap XFACTOR and he had 0 shots in 22 minutes of ice time and didn't notice him…. So that teaches me to stick to my guns 😆

BUT, the BIGGEST factor IMO is that I also have as the XFACTOR for each DMEN on both teams, the SEEING EYE perk… I think it's this sucker that does the trick, lol !
So in your opinion wha5 is the biggest factor in causing D to shot more? Seeing Eye X factor? Shot bias at 1 or the Strategies? I’d prefer to just be able to key in on one thing rather than have to do all that at once.
Old 09-28-2022, 05:10 PM   #7
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
So in your opinion wha5 is the biggest factor in causing D to shot more? Seeing Eye X factor? Shot bias at 1 or the Strategies? I’d prefer to just be able to key in on one thing rather than have to do all that at once.
The biggest factor would be the SEEING EYE IMO, but since you are already changing this for all your DMEN, it's not that long to go and change SHOT Bias while you are already there 😉

And to me changing strategies is part of my pre-game routine so to speak, so….

And with experience with EA's NHL sometimes it's a mix of factors that does the trick, same thing with the sliders… They don't exactly do what they are suppose to sometimes 🤔
Old 09-28-2022, 05:33 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
The biggest factor would be the SEEING EYE IMO, but since you are already changing this for all your DMEN, it's not that long to go and change SHOT Bias while you are already there 😉

And to me changing strategies is part of my pre-game routine so to speak, so….

And with experience with EA's NHL sometimes it's a mix of factors that does the trick, same thing with the sliders… They don't exactly do what they are suppose to sometimes 🤔
Fair enough, if you don’t mind me asking how many minutes are the periods you play on? I tend to play longer games with 13 minute periods and 6/6 penalty time scale so I might want to be conservative when editing, maybe go 5/10 on shot bias to adjust for the longer periods? I want my D to shoot but you know I don’t want them to have Ovi level shot totals lol

I will say this I wouldn’t underestimate Shot bias having an impact in game even though EA claims it only effects simulation . I never put D shot bias to 1 but I have experimented and played games after lowering the bias for all the D on each team and noticed the CPU D did take more shots , not enough for my liking but a passable amount mostly on odd man rushes and Powerplays. I’m still not seeing enough even strength point shots though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »