Home

so I asked at EA Sports why, game doesn't have simulation at all, what said about it

This is a discussion on so I asked at EA Sports why, game doesn't have simulation at all, what said about it within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
so I asked at EA Sports why, game doesn't have simulation at all, what said about it

so I asked EA Sports why they don't have true simulation in the game, they said they found a happy medium and hard, they have a word for it, here I get you what they said, cause it's not quite arcade, it's kinda like an arcade but it's not.

follishmo ' will never is a full simulation. It will always be like an 80/20 ish'

he meant this for online modes, so maybe meant another year with a different type of difficulty this year, so am gonna ask if it's like this in offline modes too.

cause it sure felt like 80/20 ish offline.

so here's what folishmo said :

Because online gameplay all have a specific setting it’s hard to compare it to offline… especially once you start tweaking sliders and setting that I know you’re fond of, to try to find the proper sim experience…. I highly doubt this is the best NHL made… I’m talking specifically for offline players…. The sim engine will be the same.. awful as usual and not realistic… unless they actually overhaul the AI.. and fix sliders and settings… it won’t be much different

I said

could we be in for a surprise too? what if I get it and play awesome out of the box, on release day it becomes great like NHL 94? it would be like NHL 94 with out throwing players out faceoff circle.

then he said

Sure anything is possible and I envy your optimism…. I just would never hold my breath for EA doing anything positive for offline players…

then I said

ok, thank you. with NHL 23 just around the corner.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 10-02-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Re: so I asked at EA Sports why, game doesn't have simulation at all, what said about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
Quality thread, as usual.
Here:

You might need this...
Old 10-11-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

Re: so I asked at EA Sports why, game doesn't have simulation at all, what said about

Decoder rings, haha.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
so I asked EA Sports why they don't have true simulation in the game, they said they found a happy medium and hard, they have a word for it, here I get you what they said, cause it's not quite arcade, it's kinda like an arcade but it's not.

follishmo ' will never is a full simulation. It will always be like an 80/20 ish'

he meant this for online modes, so maybe meant another year with a different type of difficulty this year, so am gonna ask if it's like this in offline modes too.

cause it sure felt like 80/20 ish offline.

so here's what folishmo said :

Because online gameplay all have a specific setting it’s hard to compare it to offline… especially once you start tweaking sliders and setting that I know you’re fond of, to try to find the proper sim experience…. I highly doubt this is the best NHL made… I’m talking specifically for offline players…. The sim engine will be the same.. awful as usual and not realistic… unless they actually overhaul the AI.. and fix sliders and settings… it won’t be much different

I said

could we be in for a surprise too? what if I get it and play awesome out of the box, on release day it becomes great like NHL 94? it would be like NHL 94 with out throwing players out faceoff circle.

then he said

Sure anything is possible and I envy your optimism…. I just would never hold my breath for EA doing anything positive for offline players…

then I said

ok, thank you. with NHL 23 just around the corner.
If English isn’t your first language or if you weren’t born in America then I will say sorry in advance. Brother if you are going to take the time to write all of that out why wouldn’t you go to the trouble of making it coherent. You posted a “word salad”.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Some real bush league responses to this thread when the guy is just trying to share some news. Be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2022, 02:21 AM   #6
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
Quality thread, as usual.
Why do you troll this guy so much? Why not just refuse to respond?
Old 10-12-2022, 03:16 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Why do you troll this guy so much? Why not just refuse to respond?
Because it's just too tempting.
Old 10-12-2022, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I don’t understand why everyone is so harsh. English is obviously not his first language. He’s a member of this community and just trying to share information and participate in discussions. Let’s try and do better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »