Home

Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA?

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA?

I played my fair share of Madden 23's Face of the Franchise mode during my time...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Honestly, FOF/Longshot has been around for what, 5 years or so and I played maybe 8 minutes total. Look, I get it... I'm older than most of you on these forums. The new generation of gamers apparently like these modes. Not me. I am an offline franchise person. Nothing more and nothing less. If EA's research shows that the new breed of gamers actually like this nonsense, then so be it. But for me, I do not care about these modes and I wish they would go away so that all of the attention goes to franchise.

As it stands now, EA has too many modes in one game and they do not have the resources to address these modes in one game cycle so they all end up being garbage.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:52 PM   #3
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Re: Madden 23 Face of the Franchise Takes - Why Are We Still Doing This EA?

It’s a waste of memory and resources . I want what I see on Sunday . No Mut, no face of the franchise , just pure authentic football! Come up with another game for that stuff. This is why we get a half @@s product each year. Too many things in one product without the necessary resources. Still waiting on a patch for October to fix stuff that should of been in at launch!
Old 10-06-2022, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Honestly, FOF/Longshot has been around for what, 5 years or so and I played maybe 8 minutes total. Look, I get it... I'm older than most of you on these forums. The new generation of gamers apparently like these modes. Not me. I am an offline franchise person. Nothing more and nothing less. If EA's research shows that the new breed of gamers actually like this nonsense, then so be it. But for me, I do not care about these modes and I wish they would go away so that all of the attention goes to franchise.

As it stands now, EA has too many modes in one game and they do not have the resources to address these modes in one game cycle so they all end up being garbage.
Funny, I could have written this same comment, word for word! Kenny, buddy, I'm right there with you!
Old 10-06-2022, 10:02 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Honestly had some hype for this mode this year but it's been so broken for the last 2 years that it hasn't even been worth trying. Everyone i know or have seen post online has either had the end of year 1 bug or the position switch during year 1 bug. I'm not investing my time just to have everything ruined. If EA aren't going to fix mode breaking bugs there's no point in investing resources in the mode at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2022, 10:37 AM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Longshot "worked" because much of the business of football is inherently ridiculous and does not deserve gravitas. The plot needs to lean into that. As soon as they tried to play it straight, it fell apart immediately.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

Yeah, I never wanted a football video game to be take two interactive, choose your own adventure like the walking dead, either. It's essentially just a lot of sitting and watching cinematic CGI. We have pixar and dreamworks for that when we actually want it. I've said it elsewhere, too, but doing CGI animation in the style of a film can require a lot of different people pulling off the work. It's absolutely spending time and resources on what is decidedly not the actual game of football that will be played.

At the very least, it's completely different, new code thrown into the mix of the base code that has proven year after year to not like new things so much. I'm sure they see it as diversifying the game and giving more people, more options. That doesn't mean it has to be crammed into one game, though. The decision to do that loudly speaks to bad business. It just makes no sense to me why a business wouldn't want to try and sell more game titles to people for more profit. I have written on this elsewhere, as well, so to summarize - no one needs to spend money on physical stock and overhead anymore because of DL games or print-on-demand / ship to your home options. They could make and sell five different games and probably still not have the costs associated with how you could only get the games into consumer hands 15 years ago.

If it's seriously someone with the NFL making these decisions overall, it's still the same conclusion to be made. Said person is either stubborn or just ignorant per how better business could be across the board.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:10 AM   #8
MVP

zello144's Arena

They had it right 17 years ago with Madden 06. Superstar was great. I know people hate playing endless games with no side stuff. So use NBA 2K as a blueprint. Take some elements from there the good stuff not the bad grindy microstranctions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »