Home

Assigning uniform numbers

This is a discussion on Assigning uniform numbers within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

OVR: 4
Assigning uniform numbers

I’m confused…
In trying to apply proper uniform numbers to players (see Hawks as an example below) I’m unable to use certain numbers even though they’re not assigned to another player on the roster.
Just for clarification here is my example for the Hawks: Frank Kaminski is #8 but Justin Holiday has that number. Justin is in real life is #9. So, I figured I’d go change Justin to #9 freeing up #8 for Kaminsky. However, when i go to change Jalen’s # to 9, it is unavailable as is #’s 6 & 7 which are also not assigned to anyone. Is there some setting I’m missing to make these numbers available? Does it have anything at all to do with G-League #’s?
Thanks for any help… first time working with rosters in NBA2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2022, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Assigning uniform numbers

The game takes retired numbers out of circulation. Number 9 is retired by the Hawks for Bob Pettit while number 6 was retired across the NBA this year for Bill Russell.

You just need to know the trick to get around this...
Old 10-13-2022, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Do you happen to know said “trick” perhaps? I’m looking at the current roster and #9 is def listed as Justin Holiday’s at least on nba.com.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:50 AM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

I'm not sure how accurate nba.com jersey numbers are right now. A few weeks ago the Sixers had 3 people wearing #8 on their roster.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
Do you happen to know said “trick” perhaps? I’m looking at the current roster and #9 is def listed as Justin Holiday’s at least on nba.com.

Rename the player with the name of the retired legend, change the number and then change the name again.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 10:26 AM   #6
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
Rename the player with the name of the retired legend, change the number and then change the name again.
Thanks! Spamming the system… love it!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:31 AM   #7
Rookie

tsbraves's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I'm not sure how accurate nba.com jersey numbers are right now. A few weeks ago the Sixers had 3 people wearing #8 on their roster.
Good point! Thx! I do think it is wise before I make too many adjustments to wait until the Opening Day rosters. It may seem simple for me to think that 2K will provide opening day rosters the day before the season starts but for other sports games, like MLBtheShow, they have a particular day of the week they do their updates. I’m new at this so am wondering when 2K updates their rosters, especially in regards to opening day?
Old 10-14-2022, 10:33 AM   #8
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbraves
Good point! Thx! I do think it is wise before I make too many adjustments to wait until the Opening Day rosters. It may seem simple for me to think that 2K will provide opening day rosters the day before the season starts but for other sports games, like MLBtheShow, they have a particular day of the week they do their updates. I’m new at this so am wondering when 2K updates their rosters, especially in regards to opening day?
I'm actually not sure. 2k22 was my first 2K and I bought it well into last season so this will be the first time I've had the game around opening day. My plan is just to wait for the Attention to Detail Roster to be released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »