Home

Old 10-16-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3

With the minor leaguers voting to join MLB players union, will players who played previously in MLB and are in the minor league but didn’t play in MLB in 2022 be available now to be in MLB the Show 23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2022, 08:28 PM   #2
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodbird
With the minor leaguers voting to join MLB players union, will players who played previously in MLB and are in the minor league but didn’t play in MLB in 2022 be available now to be in MLB the Show 23

That would be awesome.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:33 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Hopefully but they really gotta expand the rosters for this to work. there is not enough slots now when Tatis is taken completely off the game because of a suspension it is ridiculous . they need to expand it for it to work or you still will be missing players anyway

I can imagine that Tatis suspension gonna be a pain next year in waiting to start franchises gonna be the Cano problem of this year.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:34 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I don't think it will happen in time for 23. It's possible, but I think it's more likely for 24. The union would have to negotiate a licensing agreement with SDS first. They're unlikely to just bring them in on the same terms as major leaguers (even if they could contractually), because that would reduce the payout to the existing members of the union. And their priority is going to be negotiating a CBA with baseball. I don't think they make much headway on licensing agreements until after the CBA is agreed upon.

But once there is an agreement, yes, that would probably open up former major leaguers who are still in the minors to appear in the game. As is, those players are still in the Union, but aren't typically eligible for the licensing agreement if they haven't played in the majors in a year. With the minors having a licensing agreement in the future, those players would likely be eligible for that (likely smaller) payout.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2022, 08:28 PM   #5
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
If I were a betting man I'm going with no. MLBPA still has it rules in place when it comes to licensing in videogames with Major Leaguers. Until that changes (Which definitely could) we will be in the same situation we are now.

EDIT: Wouldn't be surprised if some MiLB guys are removed in 23 and have to be created.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 10-17-2022 at 09:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Sixto Sánchez will be the classic player that won't be in the game next year because he didn't play in the majors since 2020

but what really is infuriating is the suspension guys that they remove now and it is all because of roster space now because there are no fake players this is the downfall

so next year tatis will be no doubt missing for 3 months. we either hang around 2 months waiting like we did for Cano or just say screw it create him this was a guy that was on the friggin cover 2 years ago and they removed him!!!

I don't know how many years or how many times I have to say it a simple export and import ANY player option into franchise mode at ANY time would fix this problem. let us keep a few fake players around in free agency that we can overwrite at any time with a import option. so then we can have him in a franchise anytime with correct audio and face scans and stats. and not wait around weeks. if Y2Y saves were to return that would actually fix this as well in a way but I don;t see that return coming they seem done with that. now with the new playoff system Y2Y saves would be hard to move across too. I just wish I knew if Y2Y was coming back next year or not so I would know to invest my off season timing starting a new franchise with free agents moves in January.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:38 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Tatis can return around April 20th next year

He was suspended 80 games

He missed 48 regular season games in 2022.

He missed 12 postseason games which count.

So he’ll miss 20 games of the 2023 regular season. So depending on when he plays and the roster update he could be in the game at the end of April or very first part of May

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Sixto Sánchez will be the classic player that won't be in the game next year because he didn't play in the majors since 2020

but what really is infuriating is the suspension guys that they remove now and it is all because of roster space now because there are no fake players this is the downfall

so next year tatis will be no doubt missing for 3 months. we either hang around 2 months waiting like we did for Cano or just say screw it create him this was a guy that was on the friggin cover 2 years ago and they removed him!!!

I don't know how many years or how many times I have to say it a simple export and import ANY player option into franchise mode at ANY time would fix this problem. let us keep a few fake players around in free agency that we can overwrite at any time with a import option. so then we can have him in a franchise anytime with correct audio and face scans and stats. and not wait around weeks. if Y2Y saves were to return that would actually fix this as well in a way but I don;t see that return coming they seem done with that. now with the new playoff system Y2Y saves would be hard to move across too. I just wish I knew if Y2Y was coming back next year or not so I would know to invest my off season timing starting a new franchise with free agents moves in January.
I don't think carryover saves return in 23. With the change in playoffs format and schedule, it would likely create complicated coding and take time that could be used elsewhere.

I think it is a possibility in 24 though.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »