Home

Franchise Mode - Coach STRATEGIES FIX - 100% VERIFIED

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode - Coach STRATEGIES FIX - 100% VERIFIED within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Mode - Coach STRATEGIES FIX - 100% VERIFIED

ok all of you FRANCHISE players

100% VERIFIED..

You can adjust the TEAM STRATEGIES in the PREGAME menu and they do stay to what you change them too for games that you actually play.

We all know the SIM games are always the Coach Strategies. It has always been that way!!

Hope this helps you all!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 09:13 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Franchise Mode - Coach STRATEGIES FIX - 100% VERIFIED

I haven't even played it yet, I just downloaded the trial the other night hoping to check it out this weekend if i get a chance, so I have no idea. I have read through the forum a lot since pre-release though. From what i understand, what everyone is upset about, seems they are saying that they only stick for that game, when you go to the next game they are back to default, and if you change coaches you still have the original coaches strategies.

Like i said, I haven't even fired the game up yet, so i'm clueless on this subject, but the above is what I understood everyone to say.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
From what i understand, what everyone is upset about, seems they are saying that they only stick for that game, when you go to the next game they are back to default, and if you change coaches you still have the original coaches strategies.

100% correct, I have to change strategies before entering EVERY game because they don't save and go back to coach's starts...

So frustrating and time waisting
Old 10-30-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zut72
100% correct, I have to change strategies before entering EVERY game because they don't save and go back to coach's starts...

So frustrating and time waisting
Yes but it is logical.
I actually like the change. Before it did not make sense to have a coach and basically he had absoilutely no effect on the game.

You can change your coach and pick one with a scheme consistent with what you want.
I think that change is better for immersion and makes total sense for a franchise mode: coach matters, period.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 10-30-2022, 09:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Yes but it is logical.
I actually like the change. Before it did not make sense to have a coach and basically he had absoilutely no effect on the game.

You can change your coach and pick one with a scheme consistent with what you want.
I think that change is better for immersion and makes total sense for a franchise mode: coach matters, period.
Yeah but if changing coaches doesn't change the strategy and you're stuck with whatever the franchise starts with it doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Yes but it is logical.
I guess everyone plays the game differently, just keep the feature in the game, that's all I'm asking. I mean, I can change lines, set pp and pk strategies, damn I can even change all the team strategies right before starting EVERY game, and change them on the flyduring the game, BUT they don't save!? Sounds pretty stupid to me, and so frustrating, time wasting.

Also there is a dedicated slider for the User Strategy Adjustment, keep it all the way up and your coach does it all, keep it all the way down and you do all the work, so IT MAKES NO SENSE that those strategies, that I have to setup every game, dont save on to the next game.

Quote:

Good luck finding a coach that better fits you players or the opposite, also many have reported here that changing the coach DOES NOT change your team strategies, so basically you're stuck with your first coach's strategies whoever you hire, so you just have to do it manually. Come on....

Quote:
It was in the game, why take it out? Narrowing down the game features doesn't make much sense though if I can do everything else strategy wise (lines, pp and pk strategies) except the actually team strategies.....
Old 10-31-2022, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zut72
I guess everyone plays the game differently, just keep the feature in the game, that's all I'm asking. I mean, I can change lines, set pp and pk strategies, damn I can even change all the team strategies right before starting EVERY game, and change them on the flyduring the game, BUT they don't save!? Sounds pretty stupid to me, and so frustrating, time wasting.

Also there is a dedicated slider for the User Strategy Adjustment, keep it all the way up and your coach does it all, keep it all the way down and you do all the work, so IT MAKES NO SENSE that those strategies, that I have to setup every game, dont save on to the next game.

Good luck finding a coach that better fits you players or the opposite, also many have reported here that changing the coach DOES NOT change your team strategies, so basically you're stuck with your first coach's strategies whoever you hire, so you just have to do it manually. Come on....

It was in the game, why take it out? Narrowing down the game features doesn't make much sense though if I can do everything else strategy wise (lines, pp and pk strategies) except the actually team strategies.....
Im not sure they took anything out.. I think its a glitch that can be patched.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Im not sure they took anything out.. I think its a glitch that can be patched.

Unfortunately on Reddit it has been reported as an intentional decision by EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »