Home

Body Scans in NBA 2K?

This is a discussion on Body Scans in NBA 2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2022, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

OVR: 0
Body Scans in NBA 2K?

Quick question: can anybody tell me if NBA 2K 23 has accurate body scans for players? I’m asking because I just watched the highlights of the Mavs Suns game and I noticed players like Christian Wood look nothing like his 2K counterpart. In real life, the face yes, but he was thinner and lanky and mostly legs at least from the camera angle I was watching. In 2K his virtual body is more stocky. So I’m just wondering if there are accurate body scans for players in 2K? If there aren’t, I think 2K really needs to consider adding them as much as possible because I think it would really add to the realism and the immersion and take the game to a whole new level. Just my opinion though…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Body Scans in NBA 2K?

People have been asking for this for years. 2k obviously don’t see the need and don’t see how far off their player models are. 2k Apologists will have you believe it’s flat out not possible.

Was really hoping a new generation was going to correct this but unfortunately they either don’t care or accomodating the last generation 2yrs in is still holding them back from doing big changes.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon7727
Quick question: can anybody tell me if NBA 2K 23 has accurate body scans for players? I’m asking because I just watched the highlights of the Mavs Suns game and I noticed players like Christian Wood look nothing like his 2K counterpart. In real life, the face yes, but he was thinner and lanky and mostly legs at least from the camera angle I was watching. In 2K his virtual body is more stocky. So I’m just wondering if there are accurate body scans for players in 2K? If there aren’t, I think 2K really needs to consider adding them as much as possible because I think it would really add to the realism and the immersion and take the game to a whole new level. Just my opinion though…
Some body types are accurate, but, for the most part, a lot of player models are off. For PC players, mods help us get this fixed.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Corey maggette doesnt even come close to how his body looked in real life the dude was muscled but in 2k he has the same arms as anyone else running the floor 😅

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »