Home

Retired Number workaround

This is a discussion on Retired Number workaround within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2022, 02:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

Since 2k did a updated and won't let you use copied players to do retired numbers for ppl like me that wanna do classic rosters.

Has anyone found another work around?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2022, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Will254
Since 2k did a updated and won't let you use copied players to do retired numbers for ppl like me that wanna do classic rosters.

Has anyone found another work around?

I wonder that too. Because I’m doing a 2016-2017 roster or Atleast trying. And the best presentation with interviews are in the modern area MyNBA. And I’d like to get the correct jersey numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-23-2022, 10:23 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Retired Number workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrich751
I wonder that too. Because I’m doing a 2016-2017 roster or Atleast trying. And the best presentation with interviews are in the modern area MyNBA. And I’d like to get the correct jersey numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2k sure knows how to mess something good up, smh

Already got 2 players without they numbers on my 2004 pacers team, Reggie and someone else, I can't remember but it sucks tho

Last edited by D-Will254; 10-23-2022 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:17 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm making all decades. Decades before the 80s in the 80s. What I did is make a roster with only 40 rated players with number 99. I brought the necessary retired numbers on and suspended the players for s year, simulated a season to make the appropriate re alignments, then upload the player with the retired number to that dna. Also If the player is in the game that has the retired number you can load his dna, then the player who has his number. This won't work for tom sanders and a few others, check to make sure they hold the number first. I've made the 50s 60s 70s ans starting in the 81 season. I've done this simulating to 2012/13 to start a era there. They are all plug and plays and will be uploaded as scenario's over time. Check my 1960-1961 season as an example if on xbox. Username inniboiii
Old 10-24-2022, 08:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah just change the name of the player.

If you wanted number 7 on the cavs for example you’d go to edit the player, change the name of the player to the retired guy. (Bingo smith) in this example. From there you are able to select the retired number. Then back out to save the changes. Then go back in and change the name back to the players correct name, save changes and there you go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2022, 04:03 PM   #6
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanR420

If you wanted number 7 on the cavs for example you’d go to edit the player, change the name of the player to the retired guy. (Bingo smith) in this example. From there you are able to select the retired number. Then back out to save the changes. Then go back in and change the name back to the players correct name, save changes and there you go.
I tried this and it didnt work.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanR420

Doesn't work at all. This sucks. I just finished the 1992 Draft and I can't chsnge Todd Day's number to 10...I changed his name into Bobby Dandridge but still can't use this number. Why are they doing this?
Old 10-24-2022, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Just a thought, and someone might have already come up with it but does it work if you edit offline ?
May be worth a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »